Chad Ocho Cinco Tries to Bribe Ref With $1 | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Chad Ocho Cinco Tries to Bribe Ref With $1

by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, November 8th, 2009

Let me set the scene:

Chad makes a catch on third down near the sideline. The refs on the field call it a catch.

The review seemed to show that Chad did not get both feet down so the Ravens throw out the challenge flag.

After that it gets interesting. Cameras catch Chad holding a $1 bill in his hand as he awaits the final ruling.

Upon further review it appears tries to slide the $1 to the ref to influence the call (If it was a SEC ref they would have taken it).

It was all tongue and cheek. Plus it was absolutely hilarious. Only Chad would think about doing something like that. He makes the NFL fun to watch unless you are an old geezer like Mike Ditka who keeps talking about in “his day”. In your day Mr. Ditka blacks couldn’t even go to the same bathroom as you, so be careful when you talk about how things should be because how they were back in the day.

There were people immediately talking about fining Chad and those are probably the same people who haven’t broken any lamps since 1986. Relax and have some fun.

I thought it was a cool “Trading Places” style bet if you ask me. Chad is the most entertaining player in the NFL. Considering most of these guys are like robots it is refreshing that some players actually still have fun on and off the field.

We now have the video above.

chadochodollar

1. Josh says:

I dont think it was a bribe, knowing Ocho Cinco he probably said "Hey I bet you a dollar that I caught that ball' people need to lighten up with the nfl. Its turning into the No Fun League

2. Rastus says:

Your an asshat.
    This guy needs to join the circus.

3. joe says:

I normally despise Chad JOHNSON as well as all of the other immature wrecks that fill the NFL and the NBA….. But I have to admit this was halarious and was meant in good fun. I really hope he doesn't get fined for it. This wasn't a touchdown celebration that mocks another team nor was it a rude gesture to other players. It was just a guy having fun.

I might start to not dislike him soon enough.

• I love your very unbiased perspective. It is ok to have an opinion positive or negative but I am glad you saw it was harmless

• Walt says:

I like chad OCHOCINCO… I really dont know why people dont like him… yes he talks a world of crap bt he backs it up. to the best of my knowledge he has never killed anyone while drunk or high, he has never beat his wife or girlfriend, never been busted for a dui. Never been caught nailing his underage babysitter, or shot his pregent girlfriend. People should give him a break and let a really talented guy try to have fun in the No Fun League!!!

4. Miracle says:

Dang, you shore love you some Chad.

5. antijackass says:

So Ditka is a racist? Or are you trying to imply that every older white person is a racist? Way to say something really dumb, or you think it's true. Oh, I just checked the name of the website, point taken.

This incident would be funny if it wasn't planned, jackass. How many football players carry around cash on the field. Yup.

• He got the $1 from an assistant and i didn't say Ditka was a racist my point was that just because this is how "old timers" use to do it doesn't make it right. Read what i said.

• Just Noticing says:

How can you plan that? It was during the course of a game. So you think he sat down and thought " Hey I'm gonna make a sideline catch that has to be reviewed because my toe was on the line and when they review it, I'm going to go out and bet a dollar that I was in?" You're obviously anti-common sense as well.

6. Cinco Ocho says:

Hey just an fyi, during the game they said he was doing more in the vein of "I bet you a dollar I was in." not trying to bribe them but in either take it was in fun. Nothing malicious about it.

7. The Santana says:

Antijackass,

Are you really that much of a Jackass or can you not properly comprehend reading past a 1st grade level. Where in his statement did he EVER say or imply that Ditka or any other white person is a racist? You call him dumb, but you don't display a reading ability past early childhood. Since you never got it, he's saying that just because things are different now than they were back in "Ditka's days" doesn't mean that they cannot have changed for the better. He just used the example that back in “Ditka’s Days” the exclusion of minorities was not a good thing. He never said anything about Ditka being a racist. He never said anything about white men, women or children being racists. He’s just making the point that just because it happened in the past or in Ditka’s day doesn’t always mean it was a positive. Do you understand now, you illiterate moron. Maybe you should reread or ask someone else to help you read and understand before you write a stupid reply!!!

8. dan says:

chad Johnson is lame. I am a young guy and watch football for the sport. If i wanted to see a poor planed attempt at comedy, I'd watch a bad movie on comedy central. My advice to these show boat athleats, leave the acting to the pros and do what fans come to see (football).

9. Haitian Hacker says:

This guys Rules…. ah ah ah ah trying to bribe the Ref.

I love watching NFL because of Ocho Cinco. He is good and funny

I love the river dance, i wish he could do it again…….. I just love Chad "ocho cinco" Johnson…….

Sometimes people complicate life too much…why not have a little fun!!!!

10. Haitian Hacker says:

Ochocinco fined $20,000 for $1 ‘bribe’ ???????

Are these people serious???????? come on the guy is just having a little fun!!!!

11. DROCK says:

Hey author- I know the ref personally. He used to ref in the SEC. Just saying :)

12. Thanks for the strategies presented. One thing I also believe is always that credit cards offering a 0% apr often entice consumers together with zero rate of interest, instant authorization and easy on the web balance transfers, nonetheless beware of the most recognized factor that will void that 0% easy streets annual percentage rate and throw you out into the poor house fast.

13. hot rod spa says:

Aw, this was a very nice post. In idea I wish to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and certainly not seem to get something done.

14. One more thing I would like to talk about is that in lieu of trying to suit all your online degree lessons on days of the week that you finish work (since the majority of people are tired when they return), try to get most of your lessons on the weekends and only a couple of courses in weekdays, even if it means a little time off your saturdays. This is beneficial because on the week-ends, you will be extra rested and concentrated with school work. Thx for the different tips I have figured out from your web site.