Ben Roethelisberger’s Attorney Ed Garland Has Denied a Police DNA Request | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Ben Roethelisberger’s Attorney Ed Garland Has Denied a Police DNA Request

by Robert Littal | Posted on Thursday, March 11th, 2010

sports interaction bonus code

When the allegations against Ben Roethlisberger came out both his agent and his attorney said they would fully cooperate with the police and that there was no truth to the accuser claims.

As we reported yesterday Roethlisberger himself admits that something sexual happened between him and the accuser.

That eliminated the “she is just making this up” angle.  She still could not be telling the complete truth, but something did happen.

The police have requested a DNA sample from Roethlisberger, but even though from the beginning the Roethlisberger camp have said they have nothing to hide, his attorney Ed Garland has denied the police DNA request.

I don’t claim to be a forensics expert (even though I do watch Forensic Files religiously), but what I do know in regards to DNA is that  it works both ways.

It isn’t just used to convict people it is also used to exonerate people as well.

From a legal standpoint it could be the correct move not to submit a sample, but don’t insult our intelligence by saying you are going to fully cooperate with investigators when that isn’t the case.

It appears to me that Roethlisberger’s team is playing a game of chicken with investigators and that is a dangerous game to be playing.

If he is charged I expect him to be treated by the NFL the same way Michael Vick was.  Meaning he should be suspended indefinitely.  Especially considering this isn’t the first time he has been accused.

If you have nothing to hide and you didn’t do anything wrong submit to the DNA test.  Because if you play hardball you might strike out.

1. David says:

I'm sorry but it is his right to refuse. Don't let the "nothing to hide" trick fool you because it is so convincing on T.V shows. If I were wrongly accused (not saying Ben is) I wouldn't just up and give up my DNA without a warrant nor would I let my property searched without a warrant. Know your rights.

2. misko says:

So true you wouldnt let the police search your home with out a warrant .. dont give up the DNA with out one either .. same goes for your vehicle make the justice system work the way that it should … People and the police are on a which hunt right now so dot all the i's and cross all the t's … Ben isnt any angle but we the public do not have all the info that we need to make a conviction .. the truth will come out in the end .. if he is guilty when everything is said and done then he deserves what he gets.

• It was Ben agent and attorney that said they would fully cooperate. There words not mine

• misko says:

thank god I am in america where we are aloud to change our minds..

• Here is free to do what he wants just as americans we are free to report and give our opinions on it

• misko says:

if you want to be narrow minded go right ahead . nothing is stopping you from doing so .. just remember opinions are like arse holes every one has one .. I just prefer to pass judgement when presented with all the facts

• You are way off based. He said he would cooperate with authorities and now he has changed his mind. Simple as that.

No one has passed judgment on him. If you actually read the article it states clearly no one is accusing him of anything except going back on the word of his attorneys and agent

• misko says:

you are correct he changed his mind …that is within his rights .. I dont realy see the big deal here … he lawyerd up .. ben isnt the brightest bulb in the pack .. but at least he is listening to his lawyer…heck this lawyer did right by lewis .. he knows what he is doing

3. CF98 says:

Submitting to a DNA test in this particular case doesn't exonerate nor implicate him all it would prove was that a sexual act took place(I'm guessing she gave him a blow job). Its still a he said, she said when it comes to this.

Don't need to make this anymore dramatic than it has to be man.

Kobe submitted to a DNA test but it still hasn't stopped people from referring to him as a rapist now does it?

4. CF98 says:

Not to the point that they dropped charges because of it they dropped the charges because she agreed to drop the charges for a settlement.

And fact is there are people who still think Kobe did it. Like I said its all about credibility and despite that accuser having very little people still think Kobe was guilty of it. Never mind if he story was garbage.

Of course in this case its all debatable.

5. Justice58 says:

"(DNA) isn’t just used to convict people it is also used to exonerate people as well."

Unless your name is Nifong.

6. steelersfan1 says:

What is giving his DNA going to prove? He already admitted that something did happen with this girl. So why do they need DNA? What could he be hiding by not giving a sample? Nobody knows for sure what happened. Nobody knows for sure what's happening now. So untils you have absolute proof of what's going on these stories need to stop being written.

7. Janita Janos says:

I conceive this site contains very great written written content blog posts.

8. Fantastically educational thank you, I do think your trusty audience could quite possibly want way more posts similar to this continue the good hard work.

9. super herdelt die undsa den ilolg ohne spierapf. gefreln mir eitrier die aumerung und zwingt den dofre und elischfer den ausgen mit panzu.

10. Ideally, you cannot believe of anything at all

11. Pumukel says:

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home! ~Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836

12. construction says:

Wanted post. I’ll certainly comeback. I loved to the extent that you will receive carried out what follows.

13. Keep up the great work , I read few posts on this internet site and I think that your web blog is really interesting and contains circles of fantastic info .

14. Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply great and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

15. I loved as much as you will obtain performed proper here. The comic strip is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you want be handing over the following. unwell certainly come further formerly again since precisely the same just about very steadily inside case you defend this hike.

16. Hi there, You’ve performed a great job. I will certainly digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.