ESPN’s Tom Jackson Reaction After Finding Out Broncos Would Draft Tim Tebow | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

ESPN’s Tom Jackson Reaction After Finding Out Broncos Would Draft Tim Tebow

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, April 23rd, 2010

This screen capture was done immediately following ESPN showing Tebow on the phone with Denver and rocking the Broncos hat.

It is safe to assume that Jackson, the former Broncos great, was not pleased by the selection.  If you continued to watch as I did, while Jon Gruden was “bathwaterslurping” Tebow, you could actually see the steam coming out of Jackson’s ears.

With that being said, the past is in the past and the reality of the situation is that it doesn’t matter where you are picked (well, it matters financially, but I digress) – you still have to perform on the field no matter if you were drafted #1 or you are Mr. Irrelevant.

With both Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn in Denver it is highly unlikely that Tebow takes the field in anything more than some gimmick formations in his first year in the league.

The expectations will be low and that might be the best thing for him at this present moment.  If he truly wants to become a quality starter in the NFL he will need one to two years of learning how to be a quarterback – a real quarterback, not a gimmick one.

His “Halo” got him drafted in the 1st round, but his NFL quarterbacking skills will be the only determining factor if he is a success in the NFL or giving sermons in a few years.

The Broncos, who had the luxury of extra picks thanks to the Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall trades, could afford to take a risk but let’s not fool ourselves, they didn’t draft Tebow just to sit around forever.

By year two or three he is going to be the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos, for better or worse.

Josh McDaniels’ career will be defined by what happens with Tebow.  If he turns Tebow into an All-Pro his name will be “gold” in the coaching ranks, but if Tebow fails to become a productive and winning quarterback in the NFL all I can say is:

GOD BLESS HIM.

1. @isaiah802 says:

Terrence Cody or Sergio Kindle to the Dolhins at 40?Hmm? What u think?

2. @JaaZerW says:

Nice article! TJ's look is priceless.

3. @ufrsports says:

Wow, ur not giving my boy Tebow any credit, LOL.

Why is any offense Tebow particpates in a gimmick, btw. If he were to run the spread in the NFL (which I doubt he will), and it worked, would it be a gimmick offense?

Something everybody seems to be ignoring, is that Sam Bradford was also a shotgun QB. That means none of the pro-style college qbs were drafted in the first round.

The so called experts keep talking about skills that will project into the the NFL. So why is Clausen still at home awaiting his phone call?

• First off did you read the article?

I said for the first year he will be in "gimmick" formations.

Secondly I said where he is pick doesn't matter.

Thirdly Clausen has nothing to do with why Tebow was drafted

• JAMES says:

TEBOW WON A STATE TITLE IN FOOTBALL RICH STATE OF FLORIDA, TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS AT UF, A HEISMAN AT UF, HE WILL GIVE IT HIS ALL! THATS ALL WE CAN ASK FOR. GO TIMMY GO!!!

4. John says:

Tebow will shut all you doubters up by having more success than J Cutler will ever have in Chicago. Tebow will be a winner at he highest level when he brings a SB back to Denver.

Please keep up your negative comments, it only inspires Tebow

5. Ron says:

I would just like to say one thing. Nobody knows what level of success Tim Tebow will have in the NFL the same can also be said about Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy. Anyone of them be it by luck or skill can surpass the all time greats then again anyone of them could turn into the biggest joke to ever put on a NFL uniform. With that being said every Critic at the end of Tebows career may be right but as a Bronco fan I hope that everyone looks back at the number 25 pick in the 2010 NFL draft and all they can say is boy was I wrong but only time will tell. In my opinion the saddest part is all the jokes and criticism about his religious belief last time I checked it wasn't a bad thing to have god on your side. Best of luck to Tim Tebow and all the 2010 selections you made it now make it count.

6. fasterex says:

Hey jump on TEBOW if he were muslim The haters would be to scared to run his religion down. You know ?

7. Yolanda Agin says:

To jump higher you need to do pull-ups as well to boost your bpdy strength. Pull-ups grant you to lift yourself up into the air easier.

8. Great! Dear webmaster, would you mind exchanging links? I will put your link on my blog, in exchange for this post! Thank you.

9. Hi, this is a spam message but i want to let you, the website admin and other people who are thinking about making a website know about this great site. The site im advertising offers FREE cracked software such as Xrumer, SENuke, HREFER, ScrapeBox and more… Again it is 100% free… There are no scams.Blackhat SEO Forums . If you dont know what those programs are you really shud check them out, they are powerful tools (one of which im using to spam this blog) that will help you dominate the google search engine for your specific keyword. If possible please keep this on your site and let others find out :) Thanks

10. What should I do to obtain my internet site for the top of google do I will need to hire an seo firm or can I do it myself thanks for the help

11. With the press release of the latest RPI figures and the recent rise in inflation, getting your debt amounts reduced, both public and private has to be vital now.

12. The disguised threat in all of this is that as people struggle to repay debt levels the resultant effect of all of this then emerges as cashflow tightens up with less available cash being spent and more hoarded…and so on. The end result if Central Bankers don’t get it right is the complete break down of the financial cycle.

13. norbert says:

Keep up good work,best article.

14. Lovers says:

I like what I found here, and something very interesting and I will definitely come here, to be informed, the more

15. Ervin Sura says:

In the beginning just remember it was darked and then someone smiled! try this:

You are depriving some poor village of its idiot. :)

16. Target your goal whether you want to be debt free or just control the financial hardship.

17. My coder is trying to encourage me to transfer to .net from PHP. I’ve generally resented the concept as a result of expenses. Yet he’s trying none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of web pages for about a year and am apprehensive regarding transitioning to a different platform. I’ve heard good things regarding blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my hubpages posts into it? Just about any help would be greatly treasured!

18. serial says:

I also seek the sunshine, so long as it tastes fantastic and is not as well filling.

19. Personally, I truly do just like the name, I believe it’s kind of neat. I believe it’s a bit simpler to say. I do think they are being very in keeping with some i connect with them whenever I see the cost preceding the name.But, like with other things, we all have our own personal preferences. Each to his own, I say. What’s your preference?

20. Luz Kushner says:

Awesome blog.Really thank you! Really Great.

21. If this is not as fast as you would like, then an accelerated fat loss program where the body’s metabolism is geared to burn maximum fat may be ok for a limited time period

22. Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

23. Just wanna comment on few general things, The website style and design is perfect, the subject material is very excellent. “All movements go too far.” by Bertrand Russell.