Pittsburgh Media Blaming Concussions For Ben Roethlisberger Behavior? C’mon Son!! | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, April 26th, 2010

Here we go with the excuses.

Now that Ben Roethlisberger hasn’t been traded and we know he is going to be on the Steelers roster, the Pittsburgh media is trying to find any explanation they can for his behavior.

The Pittsburgh Tribune Review is suggesting that Roethlisberger’s multiple concussions may have something to do with it, and here is what they had to say:

“It’s conceivable to think that there is a possibility that those concussions have led to some behavioral issues.  The question I pose is simple: Can someone with several chronic or repetitive head injuries later display behavior that is socially undesirable?  It’s certainly possible, but we won’t know that unless there is a proper evaluation, then work-up and treatment plan.  It would be medically negligent not to include these sorts of tests as a part of this disciplinary process.”

I am not a doctor, so I can’t say that what they claim isn’t true, but I ask you: there have been many NFL players that have suffered concussions, how many of them have been accused of sexual assault twice?  And if you want to dig deeper, there’s actually four women with claims?

The answer is:

Steve Young had a bunch of concussions, so did Troy Aikman; I didn’t see any news reports about them “getting busy in a Burger King bathroom.”

I don’t recall people saying Trent Green was running around with his “package” swinging in the air after his concussion.

Should Chris Hanson be asking Brian Westbrook to “have a seat”?

I like to live in this world called “reality” and in “reality” all the evidence says that Ben Roethlisberger has been at best an “ass” and at worst a “sexual predator” way before he had any concussions.

Stop making excuses for your “Golden Boys”.

Sometimes the answer is simple.  Sometimes bad guys are just bad guys.

When I was at The Ohio State University I had a professor once tell me if you examine anything long enough you always come up with some conclusion, because no one likes to walk away without an answer.  After they “evaluate” Roethlisberger I am sure you will hear a lot of things.

Maybe he got away from his “Buddhism” or someone stole his goat as a child.

The point I am trying to make is that there is no need to try to “explain” away the fact that he just isn’t that good of a guy and just pray in the future he makes better decisions.

1. @Beached_Bum says:

I think its because hes a white devil.

2. @crash84977 says:

They are so full of it. So Mike Vick fought dogs because he came from a low income background? Good @ making excuses.

3. @bucbabe39 says:

ben has bodygurds bcuz a man put a gun 2 his head 4 messn with his girlfrnd. No respect in lockroom http://myloc.me/6rcID

4. @bucbabe39 says:

not buyn that! Jus saw a segmnt on @ESPN_FirstTake and ben is cocky and dumb. Even joey portr calld him out.

5. @markwilly says:

Im not suprised that the white media is trying to make excuses for his actions

6. The NFL Chick says:

This is an excuse. But let me play devil's advocate here. Ben has not only had concussions from playing in the NFL, but let's not forget the motorcycle accident in which he had no helmet on. It has been proven with blunt force trauma that people do in fact become different, sometimes polar opposites of their former selves, see Kanya West. If you talk to his teammates at Miami (OH), he was NOT the guy we are hearing about on TV and on the web.

Now, I'm not defending this guy. I think he's a major douche lord. However… this is something that should have been monitored once he had that motorcycle accident. If this has a leg to stand on, he should have been evaluated and diagnosed.

7. The NFL Chick says:

Sorry, I mean Kanye West…

8. Heather says:

I think it is complete bullshit. He is just a horrible guy end of story. IF he suffered some sort of brain trauma which is causing him to attack women…shouldn’t he not play football and be in some padded cell so he can’t hurt others? Because if it is “his brains fault” then he can’t control himself and shouldn’t be around the general population. Instead of playing the blame game they should stick to “umm well he wasn’t convicted of anything”. This whole thing pisses me off. He should be in JAIL!

9. taş oteller says:

After study a few of the weblog posts in your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and can be checking again soon. Pls take a look at my web site as well and let me know what you think.