Ted Ginn, Jr.: Tell Em Why You Mad Son – On Twitter? | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Ted Ginn, Jr.: Tell Em Why You Mad Son – On Twitter?

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, April 16th, 2010

As I have stated many times, some athletes shouldn’t be on Twitter.  You can not be a “Moist Dude” or a sensitive guy if you are going to be in a social media forum.

Our latest victim is Ted Ginn, Jr. who was traded earlier today from the Miami Dolphins to the San Francisco 49ers.  He didn’t like the criticism from a Dolphins fan who was happy he was leaving town.

Once again, in the immortal words of Jay-Z:

SMARTEN UP NAS

It doesn’t matter if your tweets are protected, nothing is hidden on the internet and you can’t be talking to people like this.  Even if you honestly feel that way, it only shows you in a negative light.  Don’t you understand that in the Roger Goodell-run NFL this type of behavior is frowned upon?

Unlike the fan, you have everything to lose and nothing to gain by engaging in “twitter beefs.”

You can’t be calling guys “B*tch N*gga” like you are Doughboy from Boyz in the Hood.  That is just dumb.  Not Roethlisberger dumb, but stupid nevertheless.

How about spending less time on Twitter and more time catching passes, because your hands have been proven to be as vulgar as your tweets.

To quote Jay-Z for a second time:

“Don’t argue with fools/because from a distance people can’t tell who is who.”

You have to have thicker skin and not be so sensitive.  I understand that Ginn had a tough time in Miami and he is probably right; there are a lot of people with “computer courage,” but there is no need to go off on a N.W.A. rant.  It is just better to take the high road.  Don’t add to the fire, the best way to put it out is your performance on the field.

Settle down.

You went to The Ohio State University, you are better than that (As an Alum I am not pleased).

You can read the unedited Tweet below:

TED GINN JR UNEDITED TWITTER RANT

1. CyaGinn says:

Actually he went to Ohio State – he is not better than that

2. Steve says:

"The best way to shut up a critic is by going to San Francisco, living up to your potential, and performing; then no one will have anything to say."

Well said- nice article!

If more athletes lived by this general rule, they'd have a lot fewer issues to contend with. Then again, what would we talk about? Oh that's right- touchdowns, home runs, triple-doubles, hole-in-ones, etc etc etc.

BTW, as a Titans fan, I was kinda upset we didn't make a move for this guy (oh you didn't hear? we really could use a KR). But it's hard to focus on the positives when negatives like this come to light.

3. skeptical at best says:

What is he doing? I'll leave the Ohio State aspect alone. I love that there's a tag for "Moist Dudes".

4. The Vorlon says:

Actually..Ted – someone could say that to your face. What are you going to do – punch him? That will cost you some big bucks – and possibly some jail time. Face facts – you are a sports performer – fans can and will criticize you for poor performance. You want to shut up the critics – then perform like you are paid – at a high level. Otherwise – shut up, take your criticism and move on.

5. dww says:

Why you gotta throw Nas name in clown? Stop driving Jay Z limo.

6. jOHN DOE says:

TRUST ME TED GINN, YOU DONT NOT WANT NO DUDES FROM MIAMI COMING UP AND SAYING IT TO YOUR FACE. YOU PLAYED IN MIAMI AND SEEN WHAT TYPE OF THUGS AND GOONS STAY HERE. IF I WAS YOU, I WOULDNT DISS MIAMI BECAUSE YOU WILL GET YOUR ASS WHIP. IM NOT SAYING IM GOING TO DO IT, NUT IF YOU WANT ME TO SAY IT TO YOUR FACE, I'LL COME UP AND TELL YOU STRAIGHT UP. WE THE SAME AGE BUT IM BIGGER THAN YOU AND NOT IN FAT, I MEAN MUSCLE AND HAVE BOXING SKILLS. SO THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TELL THE NEXT MAN TO RUN UP ON YOU. I'VE BEEN TO PHINS GAME CUZ I WORKED THERE AND YOU WOULD ALWAYS STATRE AT ME LIKE A HOMO WHEN I WAS IN THE PLAYERS PARKING LOT. HOPE YOU DO BETTER IN SAN FRNA KID

7. TheTruth says:

I love how people are tryna come down on this dude. If someone was critcizing any of y'all at your jobs…I know y'all would curse and bitch that person out. The excuse of "he makes a lot of money" doesn't mean that he isn't a human that is apt to respond to belligerent fans that have never played the game.

He is a marginal football player but as an athlete..he's likely in the top 1 to 3% in the country…that's the case for most professional football players. If some fat drunk dude talked shit about you because of your job performance…even though he could never do your job…no matter how much he tried…you'd be pissed off.

Ted Ginn Jr. was wrong but everything is a two-way street. Just because you are a "fan" does not mean you should act like a jackass.

As for those Miami thugs instead of being out in the street like a dumbass uncle Tom killing our own people..uplift the black community. Being a thug and killing black people is no different than being a slave…just no cotton and a gun. White America is not afraid of an uneducated thug…they are afraid of a positive, intellectual brotha that's wants shit to change.

• Actually people has said worse to me on this site and I have never said anything like that and I certainly not a millionaire, but I like to take higher ground you never know who is watching.

8. Eric says:

Everybody needs to dial it down. It's low for the Twitter critic to kick Ginn when he's down, and it's mindless for Ginn to get so small and irate.

9. This gives me chills every time i watch it
    football is the greatest sport in the world.

10. support says:

Just what theme are you currently running on this website ? I truly like this. Could you post wherever you acquired it from ?