Tiki Barber Banned From Delievery Room as Soon-To-Be Ex-Wife Ginny Barber Gives Birth To Twins | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, May 28th, 2010

I don’t say this very often, but because I believe in being up front and honest with my readers, I think you need to know this – even though you already should.

I do not like Tiki Barber.

Never have and never will; I didn’t like him before he left his pregnant wife for an intern that will soon leave him from JaMarcus Russell, and I won’t like him after.  With that being said, no matter how bad of a person he is, I don’t think the father of any child should be banned from the delivery room, even if the couple is going through a divorce.

I totally understand why his soon-to-be ex-wife wouldn’t want him there, considering while she was pregnant he was at the “dorm,” but still, they are his kids.  Huffington Post has more details:

While the football great was in the hospital while his estranged wife Ginny gave birth to twins on Monday, he was reportedly banned from the delivery room.

Just last month it was revealed that Tiki had ditched his wife of 11 years for 23-year-old former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson, the family’s babysitter.

“Things with him and Ginny are still very difficult. He is still refusing to give her the settlement she is asking for, and is offering a lot less,” a source said.

“They are still in court over money and over custody. He did see the baby girls after they were born, as Ginny understands he needs to be a huge part of their lives, and she wants to make sure they are taken care of.”

Shockingly, Tiki doesn’t want to pay up in the divorce because he needs that money to pay his intern’s college tuition, but I digress.  If I were Ginny, I wouldn’t worry too much about money; I can’t see any judge ruling in favor of Tiki, considering what has went down.

The only positive thing about this situation is it has gotten Tiki off TV for the foreseeable future.

1. Damon says:

I disagree with you. The woman is under enough stress and being around pregnant women already is a job, but a pissed off pregnant woman is much worse. And considering the health implications in this I think it's best at the time to keep dude away from her. And to me, he brought all this on himself anyway. So, it's hard for me to feel sorry or empathize with him. It's not like she's banning him from their lives. Now, that would be eff'd up.

2. Nat says:

Other reports say a hospital spokeperson stated he arrived at the hospital WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND????? How rude! If thats the truth, I dont want the visual of your face in the delivery room while Im in labor. You can stand right outside the room and have them bring him the kids after they are born. I just might want to fight him for that disrespect.

3. doug says:

she cant touch his ex in beauty "he got hit in the head to many times stevie wonder can see that and he has a beauty full family if he wasnt so blind

4. Believer says:

This guy is an absolute jerk and definitely shouldn't be allowed in the delivery room. As a father, he has the right to see his children, but he doesn't have the right to see his ex wife with her legs up in the air and spread wide open. He doesn't have the right to share this moment. I can't beliieve that he would expect any better treatment.

5. Deb says:

Let me get this straight…..he decided to leave his wife/family and still thinks he has a right to pick and choose when he wants to be there and when he wants to go to the "dorm." He has a lot of nerve. Ginny has a right to be comfortable in such a stressful moment. Tiki gave up that right when he walked out on his family. So he needs to suck it up and deal with it.

6. J.R. LeMar says:

I think she has the right to not allow him to be in the delivery room while she is giving birth. Like Damon and Deb said, that can be a very stressful and emotional moment for the woman, which could lead to health problems and complications with the birth. It's certainly understandable, considering the circumstances, why she wouldn't want him there. He can sit in the waiting room and then see the babies afterward.

7. Lady Janet says:

How dare he???? And what is wrong with Traci Lynn Johnson? Does she think she is marrying a nice guy? Does she honestly think he will be faithful to her? If he leaves his pregnant wife for her, who will he leave her for? I say wake up Miss Johnson. I also say no. A thousand times no. He should not be in the delivery room. He should not have the same privileges as a normal father. Think about it–he was cheating on Ginny when she became pregnant. That and that alone keeps him out!!!!