Kim Kardashian & Miles Austin ESPN Worthy, But Ben Roethlisberger Wasn’t? Pics | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Kim Kardashian & Miles Austin ESPN Worthy, But Ben Roethlisberger Wasn’t? Pics

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, June 16th, 2010

Early in the day, I was alerted to the Kim Kardashian and Miles Austin dating rumor, first reported by the National Enquirer.

To be perfectly honest, even though I never pass up a chance to post Kim K, the story itself was a bit weak, so I gave it a:

JAMARCUS SHRUG

So I carry on with my day of random thoughts on the NBA Finals, Myspace Models, Tupac (Happy Birthday), and the 1978 Washington Bullets.

Then I get a BBM saying this:

“Rob, you know ESPN reporting on Kim K and Austin right?”

I am thinking to myself they have to be joking, so I go to ESPN.com and here is what I read:

Tony Romo is out of the celebrity dating game, but his favorite receiver is reportedly romancing a Hollywood diva.

According to the National Enquirer, Miles Austin is dating Kim Kardashian, who apparently has a fondness for skill players. Kardashian, a well-rounded woman who is basically famous for being pretty and coming from a reality-show family, used to date Reggie Bush.

The Enquirer stretches the truth about as often as Austin stretches the field, so we can’t say for sure whether the report is accurate. But it wouldn’t exactly be stunning if a good-looking wide receiver who will soon have an eight-figure contract hooked up with a beautiful Hollywood starlet.

Before I continue, I want to say I have absolutely no issue with ESPN running the story.  If they think it is interesting, more power to them.  Furthermore, if Miles Austin wants to “breaklamps” with a Karadashian, more power to him — maybe it will help the Cowboys get to the Super Bowl (see: Reggie Bush and Lamar Odom).

My issue is when they run stories like this, but then sit on stories like Ben Roethlisberger for days.

The Miles Austin story would be described as a rumor on a current NFL player’s personal life, posted within hours of it becoming public knowledge.

But the Roethlisberger story was not a rumor; the two times he was accused of rape, those stories were sat on because they were “fact checking.”

When I speak of the hypocrisy of the mainstream media, that is what I am talking about.

Some will say that since Roethlisberger was a criminal case, they had to be more careful and my answer to that would be:

A- His 1st cast was civil, so it was in the public record.

B- His 2nd case was acknowledged by the police the same night it happened.

Show some consistency.

If you are going to report “gossip and rumor,” don’t stop doing it when it doesn’t benefit the image of the athlete you are protecting.

Because that is when you have to hear from me, and you don’t really want that, do you?

Now here are your Kim Kardashian pictures.

1. karry says:

When did the National Enquirer become credible?

2. RBD says:

The media didn't sit on the Roethlisberger civil suit. People broke the thing as soon as it was filed. That happened to be nearly a year after the alleged incident, but you're walking on very thin legal ice if you report on a lawsuit before it has been filed.
    Reporting on who's dating whom isn't likely to get anybody sued. Reporting on crime without being certain of the facts could very well get you sued. Apples and oranges here.

3. newone says:

You know robert I think I'm about to help you get some more blogger followers. For this to be a "Black" blog you certainly do constantly give SISTERS shade. May be I'll spread the word; Or maybe NOT, We'll just let you stay down under. Keep you non-relevant.

I wanted SOO Badly to follow you as a "Brother" and I even agree with a lot of your opinions

4. Lakia Gabard says:

I think this internet site has very fantastic composed subject material blog posts.

5. Hey are using WordPress for your blog platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

6. I was thinking if I could use this information in my blog. I’ll give a link to your Blog, may I?

7. Adam Heeney says:

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks Nevertheless I’m experiencing concern with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting an identical rss problem? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

8. Your homepage offers a lot of unique insights and info. I haven’t really thought about it like that. Please keep updating your website. I will be stopping by every time u do .

9. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

10. An fascinating dialogue is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it may not be a taboo subject however typically persons are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

11. Leigh Bixel says:

Does your locate have one make contact with net page? I’m having difficulty locating it except, I’d like to appear you a message. I’ve obtained some creative thoughts for your website you might ensue interested inside hearing. Either sense, abundant website and I expect considering the idea expand with time.

12. Sentimanchos says:

Can I just say what a relief to search out somebody who actually knows what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how to carry an issue to mild and make it important. More folks have to learn this and understand this side of the story. I cant imagine youre no more popular since you positively have the gift.