The Top 7 Kobe Bryant “Haters” | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

The Top 7 Kobe Bryant “Haters”

by Robert Littal | Posted on Saturday, June 26th, 2010

I wish I could take credit for coming up with this list, but all the credit goes to Mark Grey at PlayersVoice.com.

People overuse the term “hater,” mainly because of their own ignorance and arrogance.  People are quick to call someone a “hater” if they simply disagree with their opinion.

The difference between a critic and hater is pretty simple.

A critic gives opinions based on logic and facts; a hater gives opinions based on emotion, jealousy, and envy.

To hate infers you care and you are passionate.  If you don’t have a logical reason for your opinion that is what makes you a “hater.” If you’re wishing for someone’s downfall constantly, you are a “hater.”

A good example of this is what is currently going on with the rapper Drake.  Men in general hate him with a passion mainly because women like him.  The hate stems from jealousy — wondering why they couldn’t go from Degrassi to the biggest hip-hop artist of the summer.

As a wise man told me once if you don’t have “haters,” you are doing something wrong.

With being said here are the Top 7 Kobe Bryant style “Haters.” You can get a full description at Playersvoice.com.  I will provide my quick thoughts on each:

1- Michael Jordan Lover

Basically the guy/girl who is constantly saying:

“But he will never be better than Michael Jordan!!!!!”

Failing to understand that most people consider MJ the greatest player of all time, so the fact you even mention Kobe in same breath is a win for Kobe.

Furthermore, if you are striving to be the best ever, you are basically Vince Carter … and no one wants to be Vince Carter, not even Vince.

In the Michael Jordan lover’s eyes, he has no faults.  They ignore the seven years it took for him to win a title.  They ignore some of the subpar games he had in the playoffs.  They ignore that on his greatest shot of all time he blatantly pushed off, while proclaiming the refs gave Kobe his 5th title.

2- Kobe never best player in the league

The guy/girl who likes to remind us about Shaq all the time or that Steve Nash has more MVPs that Kobe.

He has given the title to McGrady, Nash, Wade, Lebron, Durant, etc. over the past decade.

They also seem to conveniently forget that Kobe has been 1st team All-NBA offense and defense numerous times, scoring champ, and (of course) the 5 rings.

3- Casual Fan

The guy/girl who only watches during the playoffs and only repeats the same thing that ESPN says.

Casual fans says things like:

“Paul Pierce is best player in the league, you see him in that Cavs series.”

Basically someone who doesn’t know what the hell they are talking about.

4- Stats Guy

The guy/girl who fancy themselves a basketball expert because they read John Hollinger on the ESPN.com Insider.

They quote obsure stats to try to convince you if Kobe didn’t play for Lakers they would have swept the Celtics.

Stats guys normally ignore the most important stats to point out insignificant ones, like Kobe didn’t make the playoffs one year and Magic made the playoffs every year, so that must make Magic better.

5- History Guy

The guy/girl who likes to throw out old school basketball names like World B. Free, but is only 26 and not old enough to remember watching Magic Johnson play, much less Jerry West.  But still tries to explain how all the old school guys are better than Kobe.

Likes to bring up George Mikan a lot.

If you ever want to confuse “History Guy,” ask him how many rounds did Bill Russell have to play to make it to the NBA Finals.

6- Hypocrite Guy

The guy/girl who before the game says he will leave Facebook if Kobe scores 30 against the Celtics, but when he scores 30 will quickly say the 4 turnovers really made it 26.

Quick to point out Kobe’s flaws and ignore the same flaws in his favorite player.

Hypocrite guy is filled with boasts before the game and a million and one excuses afterwards.

Definitely one of the most annoying “haters.”

7- Females Scorned

These are women who hate Kobe simply because his wife is Vanessa Bryant or she thinks he got away with rape in Colorado.

The hate from these women runs so deep that they often become fans of any team the Lakers are playing.

If I have missed any let me know.

1. Kateasa says:

#3 & #7 have to be the worst IMO. esp. the casual fan that have no right to speak on the subject.

2. Atl says:

Funny!

YOur blog is nice. I check it daily!!

3. Ihoop says:

You for got “The Shaq Lover”. Every super Shaq fan I know can’t stand Kobe Bryant.

4. VDeuce says:

I was hater #1 "Michael Jordan Lover" for the reasons specified. But this 5th title changed my opinion of Kobe. He still ain't in MJ's class (and never will be) but on the court he has been the greatest player since MJ left. I'm done hating.

• Malik says:

all of you people always talking about MJ as the greatest ever have any of you ever seen Elgin Baylor He was doing what MJ did before MJ Did it .Get some Video He only won when the league was down tell me one great team doing that time .and I said Great not good team check some fact for yourself and stop letting the media tell you who the greatest is. when MJ played you could not touch him

• Michael G. says:

Well said Malik. People forget, when MJ played against the best players, they were already past their prime. Even when Isiah was still a well conditioned player, playing against MJ during those Bad Boy years, he still wasn’t in hMJ hell. MJ couldn’t check Isiah. He was too fast of the dribble and crossover.

Indeed, MJ time to shine came after the Isiah Thomas injury and when he came back, he was rusty and the team was out of sink. There weren’t any good teams after that, that MJ played against. They made rules for MJ when he came in. Hand check etc. You looked at him and they’d call a foul on you. And yes, I remember that push off against Utah.

If there is a such thing as the greatest players of all (there really isn’t)time, I’d pick the other MJ. Magic Johnson. Who else played all 3 positions in their rookie years, dominated, won MVP, rookie of the year and an NBA championship?

People must give Kobe his props. He’s a good players. And like MJ has moves from other players before him and made up some of his own. So does Kobe. Kobe has better dribbling skills than MJ, better creativity to the rim in both slamming and getting to the rim. And his crossover street ball skills are sick. MJ never had that.

Last but not least. MJ last year said and I quote, “If I’d play against Kobe now, he’d beat me. If I were in my prime, it’d be no contest.” I call bull shit on that. Kobe’s mentality is pretty the same as MJ’s. I agree that Kobe wouldn’t be able to shut down MJ, but no way in hell would MJ be able to shut down Kobe in his prime and Kobe’s prime. Kobe has too many skills for that to happen.

5. Gameunleashed says:

spot on… the #1 says “But he will never be better than Michael jordan.” “(Please dont let it happen….)”

• Basically people who say that are like kids who say:

"Yo Momma"

It has nothing to do with nothing. What does him winning a 5th right have to do with Jordan. I just never understood that.

6. lawsonkr says:

I don't hate Kobe, I just don't like him as an individual. I will never deny his talent but he is not someone I follow or care for. Nothing personal. To hate means I care and I don't.

The reason I responded here is I have been called a Kobe "hater" and still don't understand why. I'm not a Lakers fan so why would I like him to begin with.

I think he is great scorer, adequate defender, average passer and a mediocre team player. He just now started impresses me. After 10 years of being a non-existent teammate, I am happy to see him finally becoming an all around player who trusts his teammates.

He never shared the ball in the beginning and that is one of the main reasons I never liked his game. One of my favorite players was Steve Kerr. He was not showtime but he always delivered when needed. He is the epitome of a team player.

jordan had that quality as a superstar. Lebron is getting there and Kobe is showing signs that he understands that mentality. The true lesson is he learned how to trust others instead of believing his own hype.

Once he learned to see others on his team, he started winning championships. I will ignore the fact that the NBA today compared to 10 years ago is like watching junior varsity basketball.

Kobe is one of few quality players left. 10 years ago we were watching greatness. Now, we are enjoying mediocrity at its best. But I digress.

• Just because you don't like someone personally doesn't make you a hater especially if there are specific actions that cause you not to care for them. Kobe is no saint and I can see how his personality could rub people the wrong way.

I think the "share the ball" argument is valid, but you also have to remember it is hard to share the ball when you are playing with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker.

Jordan didn't do much sharing when he was playing with Brad Sellers.

Just like people to keep some perspective.

• lawsonkr says:

I hear what you are saying but when I think of team players, Kobe will never come to mind. Jordan had his moments of being a ball hog just like everyone else. But I associate him with being a great teammate and player. With Kobe, until recently, he has always been a great individual player, nothing else.

• Keith says:

ur a hater for #1. Every flaw you mentioned was the same flaw in Jordan, ask a basketball purist. look up definition of team player in the dictionary and find a picture of you, not enough drive to be great but enough to hate.

• bigboy1 says:

jordan was the biggest ball hog in his time so please jordan was a good team player because he was'nt

• bigboy1 says:

jordan was the biggest ball hog in his time so please don't say jordan was a good team player because he was'nt

7. Brian says:

I'm always amazed at the fact that people dismiss Kobe as if he LaBradford Smith. With the scrutiny he's received since graduating high school and coming into the league, how many players would have absolutely crumbled under the expectations? He matches them and occasionally exceeds them as a player on a regular basis.

Kobe's as competitive as they come. No one ever questions his work ethic. Is he demanding? Yes, but so were Jordan, Bird and Magic and that seemed to be OK. He's as good as advertised and when Jerry West says he's the greatest Laker ever, that tells me all I need to know.

• Michael G. says:

“when Jerry West says he’s the greatest Laker ever, that tells me all I need to know.”

Well said. Mr. Basketball of all people would know this. And anyone that challenge and Jerry need some therapy and know Jerry’s legacy in the NBA. He too was unstoppable like Kobe and Jordan. So he’d know.

• Michael G. says:

Well said. Mr. Basketball of all people would know this. And anyone that challenge Jerry need some therapy and know Jerry’s legacy in the NBA. He too was unstoppable like Kobe and Jordan. So he’d know.

8. Hmmmm says:

Bogus list made from a Kobe lover. If you are not a fan, you are not gonna root for the guy. POINT BLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys do not hate Drake because the ladies love him maybe they just don’t relate.

9. 1ALScribe says:

Kobe is a selfish phony and if I’m wrong for rooting against that then I don’t wanna be right. His antics & emotional displays on court are practiced and usually directed towards the cameras. He was SO visibly fatigued during the 4th of the last Finals game this yr(preparing his “I was tired excuse” for the poor shooting performance). I haven’t seen a man that tired since Flu Game Jordan and I didn’t believe MJ either! Kobe will shoot the ball with his left hand while being triple-teamed before he passes sometimes. That’s frustrating to watch as a fan of the GAME. My love of MJ has very little to do w/ my dislike of Kobe but I’m called a hater.. Oh well. But i feel that if u can’t see thru THAT guy then somethings wrong with YOU! all that said.. dudes the 2nd best player ever, behind Mike. He lacks no skill, it’s all mental with Kobe.. The scary thing is.. He could be a lot better if he weren’t so busy trying to prove he’s the best.

10. charee says:

I personally love Kobe and this blog wuz so true. Anybody that says, “I don’t like Kobe as an individual” is a complete idiot. U don’t know this man personally and its not about what u think of him as a person he plays basketball so unless ur speaking of his game or u have had a personal encounter with him just don’t speak on him at all-smh. They also 4got the “Kobe beat my favorite player/team” hater, the “I’m a woman and know nuthin about sports but this guy I like hates him so I will 2″ hater. Lol!

• LakersColts says:

Charee—-RIGHT ON!! People say how they don't like him as a person and I'm so dumbfounded by that—they don't KNOW him…..they're not in his family or inner circle so……Ohhhh, I get it….the RAPE thing again right?! LMBO Very convenient how people forget it never got to trial because the girl was a raving lunatic—-and there was a LOT of evidence to that. Not at all supporting what he did, he cheated on his wife, but he owned up to it, took all the flak, and now all the haters out there will use this all their lives to justify their jealousy, envy and just plain stupidity.

11. nba_fan says:

As a basketball player, there is no one like Kobe out there, but as a person I cannot respect Kobe. His body language after one of the final losses said he was a poor loser. Did he get away with rape in Colorado. I don't know, but Kobe is the one who has to live with himself. He only seems to be concerned with his basketball legacy and not about his legacy as a person. What the NBA needs is more players concerned with others first and not about themselves.

• LakersColts says:

My problem is NO ONE knows what happened in Colorado but Kobe and Katelyn Faber YET the evidence was SO FAR against HER that it didn't get to trial. I'm just sick of the excuse haters use—"Oh he got away with rape" Give me a break!! He did not, cuz even if he DID NOT rape her, Kobe suffered BIG TIME for it..and you're just plain ignorant if you don't know that other players have and ARE doing worse but haven't got caught…YET….so come on, let's get back to LEGITIMATE reason if you don't like the guy. Don't like his arrogance? Fine…go with that…..I personally LOVE his arrogance (IN THE GAME) because it gives him an edge and he has the skills to back it up. Arrogance with NO skills is where I begin to dislike a player.

12. withmalice says:

Just because you add a few links to the site that came up with this, doesn't make it "not plagiarism".

• LakersColts says:

You're an idiot. He CLEARLY gives the credit to Mark Grey…..and that DOES make it not plagiarism. Can anyone say "DUH?"

• withmalice says:

Wait… so long as I acknowledge who the person was who came up with the idea, then I can rehash the same stuff and paint the result as my own work?
        Ummmm… newsflash fella, that's still plagiarism.

Lemme help you out a bit:
        Plagiarism – the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

"Thoughts" too chief. "Close imitation".

But thanks for comin' along and trying out.

13. Nat says:

How do people who have never met or talked to anyone dislike another individual so much?. I get it. If you work with them..limit your contact…If they are in your family, tell them about themselves. But lets just base this on what the man does…play basketball. the teammate side is coming along. The leader aspect is the . The man is skilled , competative, invested in what he does. Im putting together a work force..gimme a few Kobes. He is not responsible to me for his personal behavior nor do I not explain to my kids his pros and cons if they are on the Kobe bandwagon. Its good discussion though

14. Brian215 says:

He's a rapist. Besides being a horrible teammate and a vile human being, he's great.

15. LRG says:

To be real im wouldnt exactly say im a "Kobe Hater" but i really dislike the Lakers. I mean its good to see a brother doing his thing on the court and winning rings (since Tiger screwed up) but when somebody say that he is better than Jordan because he has more rings, then i get defensive because Kobe would not have won any rings after Shaq left if it wasnt for a GM who would do just about anything to please Kobe (bringing in Gasol, Bynum n Odom) just imagine if Jordan had them, Bulls would have won every year!

• LRG says:

Oh yeah, and to explain why I dont like the Lakers is because their fans talk waaaayyy too much s#!$! During the finals my facebook was full of people posting up "LakerNation" comments knowing damn well they wasnt even a Lakers fan before the playoffs. So I might have a LITTLE hate in me but its only because its the Lakers, but theres obvious reasons for that

• jimmy says:

So its Kobe's fault for having a good team? Wtf are you talking about? Stop living in the"what if". Jordan got 6, Kobe has 5 and could get more and if he does then he's in the discussion as the GOAT.

• george says:

Sorry but you are a "hater" dumb comments…

16. JRR says:

Not a rapist. That hoe he was involved with withdrew her charges, prob around the time evidence surfaced of her getting hit by a dozen other dudes in the same time frame.

• LakersColts says:

JRR—THANK YOU!! Finally, someone remembers what a crazy, scheming lunatic this girl was!! And think: if he's such a rapist…then where's the behavior pattern? He never did anything like that before or since…..so hmmmmmmm

17. Guest01 says:

@JRR Correct!

That is the part people like to forget…she was a H-O-E

Now what would a hoe do in the presence of Kobe Bryant???

18. junior says:

all i got to say is kobe is a monster

19. CaliKid74 says:

Great points!

I have been watching the NBA since1982 and i have never seen any player to be scrutinized more than Bryant! Without a doubt, this is the most invested kid i have ever seen play ball. When i say invested, i'm talking heart, soul, mind and body……he takes an unneccesary breating from idiot fans who say "He could not have won w/o Shaq", hey idiot, Shaq was in the league for 4 years before Bryant was a starter and never won a ring! Shaq could not have won a ring w/o Wade, so that ring does not count?

People say they do not like him personally, to that i say, get over yourself, Bryant is not about you! Just because people watch him on tv for 4-6 hours per week, they feel like the know him, so they can judge him! YOU DO NOT KNOW KOBE BRYANT OR WHO HE IS!

20. CaliKid74 says:

The most loved past and present players have been or are worse people than Bryant! MJ was the most arrogant ball player i have ever seen…he punched numerous teammates, he allowed his father to cheat on his own mother and paid for it, compulsive gambler, he froze people out because the said no to him….for christs sake, read one if not all of the books written about the guy, he is truly a terrible human being! Shaq is no better!

All i can say is, on the court, Bryant is the most talented player i have ever seen in my life!

21. Andrew says:

What I can't stand are the "Lebron Lovers" that try to argue that Lebron is better because he has a better attitude….. yea, Lebron has a better attitude. I guess that makes them just like the Hypocrite haters.

22. LakersColts says:

Lebron has a LOT of talent but he AINT NO KING WITHOUT A RING. The FACT is, Kobe is the BEST player in the NBA, whether you hate him or not. Right now, Lebron needs attention and when it's all on him, it's good….Lebron has a lot to LEARN AND EARN in the NBA .
    Haters are all about emotions without facts. And when they TRY to use facts, they distort it so much or ignore key points. They are close minded and ignorant. Love him or hate him…Kobe has won ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!!

23. C. Dese Lakers says:

People love to throw out the ultra lame excuse that Jordan didn't have the same level of team mates that Kobe has had. Let's see, how many HOF players did Jordan play with?- Pippen and Rodman. How many has Kobe had?- Shaq and Gasol. Seems pretty even to me. That being said, I think Jordan had some skill sets that were superior to Kobe's, but Kobe is the best flat-out scorer of all time. and Lebronze, despite having tremendous athletic prowess, still has a way to go. Sorry kids!

• Stefan932 says:

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Rodman is known for his rebound and that's about it. The league Jordan played in was 100000X more competitive then Kobe's. Literally every team had a damn superstar on their roster. "The best flat out scorer of all time" What about Wilt? A hundred in one game! Or Kareem? C'mon now Kobe is good, above average, but that's about it. Rape or not ( I dont think he did it, but who the hell knows, Jordan did worse shit and payed massive hush money) Kobe has been known to be a jackass, from countless teammates and so forth. People are forgetting that L.A damn near self destructed before Shaq left, and the entire locker room refused to talk to Kobe or look at him! Kobe is human for being on his nuts and being a "hater" (to hate something means to want to kill something, very misused) your giving him a stature that most men have never achieved in their life times and have contributed more to humanity then a guy who puts a ball into a basket.

24. I ARE KOBE says:

You forgot the " I don't hate him as a player, I hate him as an individual" LMAO these haters need to shut the fuck up! how do you hate someone you don't even know. These people act like Kobe banged their mothers or something, the hate is ridiculous.

25. LakersFoLifeFoShizzle says:

It gets so annoying when Lakers fans start all the crap going around in boards and then claim that we’re hating on them. What do they expect us to do? Smile and take their comments?? I hope we realize that the rules are watered down to encourage more scoring…. maybe I’m #1 on this list for saying this but MJ would drop 45 or 50 a night if he played in today’s rules. Not to be a hater but imagine Kobe playing against the “Jordan Rules”. He’d probably be whining all game long. MJ probably doesn’t take the crazy shots that Kobe makes because he thinks there are better shots available.
    It’s true that MJ would not have won a ring without pippen but remember he had 6 finals mvps.
    That being said, Kobe is still better than Lebron because of his performance in the clutch. Until Lebron learns to stop choking in the endgame, he’ll never win a championship and only be the MVP of the regular season

• LakersColts says:

6 Finals MVP's so what?! There was no one else to give it to! I don't give a crap about MVP's anyway because it comes from the OPINIONS of the media. Now, I don't care if you don't like Kobe…but don't make it personal about him because the fact is, you don't know him. The only thing you know is that he's extremely intense when it comes to playing and not all happy happy joy joy because his mind set is HOW he has won so many championships. I think Kobe's great. Yes, I can say he's had some troubles, but I stuck with him through the years, watched him grow and now I'm so proud of what he's done. He's a thrill to watch. And yes, I've met him….couldn't have been nicer.

• LakersFoLife says:

wrong. the MVP is based on media, which is why we had garbage people like lebron and karl malone win it from time to time. The finals MVP, however, goes to the best player in the finals, which jordan was 6 times. the idea that there was no one else to give it to only cements my point, which is that in all 6 championships, jordan was "the man" on the team.

I'm not hating on Kobe, he's actually the best player in this generation (and during his prime he actually had me believing he could make almost every shot he took). Where in my post did I ever make it personal? When I said he has taken more bad shots that jordan ever would? When I said he whines? Take a look at any laker game and tell me I'm wrong (not that other superstars don't whine like crazy, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard and Paul Pierce are worse than he is).

• RayRay says:

its not that he whines, but he just knows when he is fouled and wants the call. Thats not whining. Do you ever play basketball? Do you ever get fouled and get upset cuz people try to argue with you and say they didnt foul you? If you never had that happen then you dont play bball enough.

26. Message2KobeApostles says:

I don't understand how laker fan's head are far up Kobe's butt that you can't see him for the fraud and for the genital he really is. He'll NEVER be better than Jordan. If Jordan were to play 1 on 1 with Kobe (both in their prime) Jordan would use Kobe as toilet paper and wipe his dog's butt with it. Wake up Kobe apostles, he won't amount to anything compared to the all-time greats.

27. julia crusz says:

Im a mom of 4girls …i watched NBA cuz of KOBE. period

28. Jak says:

You forgot the "Pure Hater".

They hate everything kobe does, whether its on or off the court. They are commonly found on espn conversation boards. Usually Teenagers ranging 12-17 years old, who will use any of the techniques said above to anger laker fans. This hater is not only a kobe hater, he is a Laker hater. In fact he hates every team that isnt his. Commonly a team that isnt in contension. This hater does not leave when kobe does good, he will stick around and say that he got lucky and gauruntee a bad game for him next time. They are no where to be found after Laker championships and can only be found online, because they are too cowardly to do it in person.

Heres another one: Lebron Lover

Their team is LeBron. Forget about the team hes playing on. If LeBron doesnt get his way, these haters will compare it to Kobes performances. Their arguments are usually baseless and senseless.

29. kasey Abas says:

I have actually met and hung out with Kobe. He is such a great guy, quite the opposite of what the media and haters want's you to believe about the guy. For the life of me I just can't seem to understand why he is such a controversial figure. MJ was arrogant in his days and also cheated on his wife several times. He was also an adent self proclaimed gambler…and yet he was so loved by many

30. El_Topo says:

I just came up with one from reading the comments on this page. There are the foolish Kobe haters that claim that Kobe has and never will be a team player. They like to say, ever since Kobe came in the league he never never liked passing and shot 30 times a game. The reality is Kobe didnt' play much his 1st two years and therefore didn't shoot much, so how could he be a ball hog. These people also tend to forget one of the most famous plays of the Lakers three peat, Kobe crossing over Pippen at the top of the key, driving down the lane, and instead of taking a runner or forcing a shot, throws Shaq an alley-oop to seal the win against the Trail Blazers. Kobe not a team player…yeah right!

31. Frank da Tank says:

#8. The Shaq lovers – Hates Kobe Bryant because Shaq is their guy. Blames Kobe for driving Shaq and Phil (for 1 year) away and breaking up the championship team by being selfish. They were extremely disappointed when Kobe's Colorado rape case was dismissed. And were full of, "I told you so." when Shaq (Dwayne Wade) won the championship with Miami.

32. RayRay says:

What about the Kobe hater that says he scored 81 pts but didnt have any rebounds or no assist. they say he had 28 pts but had to take 20 shots. Hello, retards, in order to make pts you have to shoot the ball. Lets see someone score 40 pts and only shoot the ball 5 times. It wont happen.
    I remember the comment Barkley made 1 time when the suns played the Bulls in the 1993 finals, Jordan shot the ball 30 something times lol
    haters will be haters. the true definition of a hater is : someone that plans to make your plans fail!

33. Janie says:

All i have to say to all you Kobe Bryant Haters is…..TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!!!!! If you dont like learning about greatness, dont read bout him, watch him play, or even listen to any stations talking bout him. Just keep your ignorrant, inaccurate, just plain dumb comments to yourself! I am a huge Kobe Bryant fan and have been a Lakers fan since I can remember. (And im not even from L.A.) This is my team & will forver stay that way. I personally have had the wonderful opportunity to meet Kobe and have to say he is one of the most Humble, Sweetest, Respectable people I have ever met. No, he is not perfect as a human, (none of us are) but the man has this certian respect & love for the game that makes him the greatest on the court TODAY!!!!!. He puts his heart & soul on that court along with his teammates and the 5 rings are proof of that. You can say that he will never be like Mike all you want. But truth be told….THE MAN AINT DONE YET!!!! HE WILL BE BETTER THAN MIKE!!!!!!!

34. South American Fan says:

Kobe24 will always be greater because of his mid range shot, when lebron gets dat he'll be about 30 or 32 , then he'lll have to fight for 1 or 2 rings,,, wats all the hate about, 24 >23 , btw if kobe is not greater than jordan then wat is lebron greater than,,, i know T-mac ,, no no, Vince carter, maybe not , lets just leave it at Paul pierce

35. CDM says:

Yeah-this article is not cool at all-and the reason why is because YOU STOLE THE IDEA. Ladies and Gents–if you want to read the original article from the original author do what Robert says and go to http://WWW.PLAYERSVOICE.COM!!!! Why read someone else saying what Mark Grey says when you can read what he says yourself. Robert you should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!! If you wanted to truly give the credit to Mark–you would've just commented on his article on his site-not rewrote his shyt. This probably wont even make it onto the comments list–but it still needed to be said!!! GET YOUR OWN IDEAS!!!!!!! And lol at you ending the joint with -If "I" have missed any let me know- You missed them ALL, because you didnt think of any of them!!! Enjoy your 15 minutes dawg–you can't bite forever!

• withmalice says:

Spot on. Said this myself in the first few comments. Just because you link to the original piece doesn't excuse the plagiarism that occurs in this.

Disgusting. Just like the Odom piece a year ago.

• First off nothing that I wrote in my article is the same as Mr. Grey. I clearly state:

With being said here are the Top 7 Kobe Bryant style “Haters.” You can get a full description at Playersvoice.com. I will provide my quick thoughts on each:

I gave my thoughts on Mr. Grey list. Encourage people to read Mr. Grey article and was complimentary of it.

To plagerize would be to claim someone’s work as my own. Very difficult to do when in the 1st sentence you say “I wish I could take credit but all the credit goes to someone else”.

I simply gave my interpretation on the article with my own spin and my own thoughts. While clearly stating the original list and idea was someone else.

If you, yourself say:

“Do what Robert says”

Yeah that really sounds like someone who wants to steal someone work. Use a little common sense. I don’t need to steal anybody’s work I am one of the most linked sports writer’s on the web and one of the most original point blank.

36. Mike says:

Smart post! I enjoyed it, the comments are even smarter! I think after Kobe was in trouble with the law, all the haters came out.

37. John says:

Anyone who said “Kobe is the best I’ve ever seen” clearly hasnt watched much basketball.

Since MJ was a rookie people have desperately wanted to find the NEXT MJ. Since MJ retired some people wanted to find a new MJ so badly they created one in their heads the first time they witnessed a player half as good as MJ. Kobe BEAN Bryant.

You can’t deny the facts folks, don’t even try.

There will NEVER be another MJ. Ten years from now people will still be looking for the NEXT MJ. No one will be looking for the NEXT Kobe.

I wish I had a Kobe rookie card in case I run out of toilet paper. Cheers :)

38. Michael G. says:

Well said Malik. People forget, when MJ played against the best players, they were already past their prime. Even when Isiah was still a well conditioned player, playing against MJ during those Bad Boy years, he still wasn’t in his prime, but gave MJ hell. MJ couldn’t check Isiah. He was too fast of the dribble and crossover.