Uncategorized

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, July 9th, 2010

Wow…

I am totally speechless.  Just read, courtesy of NBA.com:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

I have no comment, except:

More Dan Gilbert Ether, now claiming Lebron quit in playoffs:

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team’s website shortly after James announced he plans to sign with Miami, tells The Associated Press late Thursday night that he feels “personally betrayed” by James and that it’s “accountability time.”

In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says “people have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is.”

Gilbert says James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

1. nathaniel says:

Rob… lebron a hoe for what he did. He went out like a bitch…..

2. I was so tired of Bronfest until THIS!!!!….simply amazing…I bet Mark Cuban is amazed and excited…

3. Flawless says:

Dude lost his damn mind if he thinks the Cavs will get a ring before the King does.

4. Lakers Delegation says:

This was the highlight of it all…lol

• Kanje says:

First of all, Either was a response aka retaliation. This was an attack. If anyone has the opportunity to "Either" anyone, it is Lebron James with his response. So just like like Jay z, everyone said he finished Naz (Owner finised LJ) but Naz came back super strong.

PS- Don't be fooled people. The owner is making it seem as it is about the people when It's simply about his selfishness. LJ will not be making them millions and billions anymore.

5. MockdraftHQ says:

CHINO XL….F YOU TOO… BAD BOY KILLAZ.. ANY ONE OF YOU…MOF…..

6. keisha brown says:

wowwwwwwwwwwwww

7. skeptical at best says:

Can't believe what I'm reading. I thought this was fake. WOW!!! Those were some strong words.

8. kcsent2010 says:

Screw Dan Gilbert, if he had added better players to surround LeBron it would have never come to this. How the Cavs gonna win when no free agent want to play there?

9. gobulls 2011 says:

@kcsent how can u say screw d gilbert when bron had a say so n all the players who came there he wanted larry hughes gone n what happened he got ghost, he wanted mo will n got him, he cried for jamison this season n what happened he got him too, evey since day one they been spoon feedin dude players "HE" wanted so if anybody is at fault is bron, dont get mad at the man tryin to keep him there by basically being his personal bankroll, step yo business game up n stop lookin at stuff like a fan

• kcsent2010 says:

I'm not looking @ a thing like a fan every players you named is basically garbage, not one legit star in the bunch, Jamison and Mo Williams disappeared at crunch time. Shaq way passed his prime. Larry Hughes wtf? LeBron needed a Scottie Pippen not a Luc Longley. And I still say screw Dan Gilbert he wants to dump on Lebron in the press after the man decided as a free agent he wanted to play with a better collection of talent to win a championship. Its LeBron's decision where he wants to play I'm sure in his business Gilbert has do alot to put himself in a better business position.

• gobulls 2011 says:

if he wanted to play for a beeter collection of talent he would ahve signed with the bulls, they have the best team possible for him to win with i mean can u name the heats starting 5 right now….. no y because they dont even have 5 players on the roster so how is that the best collection of talent, they gone bring n kwame tio play center n you would take him over jokiam noah heck no, r mario chalmers over d rose never… so stop n think about it from a BUSINESS stand point he just F'D up miami will b a good team not great because they not the only team n the east to get better, n the last time i checked the celtics where east conf. champs

10. bron hand-picked every player the cavs signed and traded for, he's to blame. this was the greatest thing i have ever read

11. nathaniel says:

Rob… dont you dare defend that bitch ass dude. he went out like a bitch.

12. Abdul says:

I really hope that this whole episode makes us appreciate Kobe Bryant more. Kobe has been in LA his whole career and has worn the good and the bad as well as you can expect one to be able to do so. He battled the rape allegations in Colorado. He didn't run and hide when Shaq was traded or when Phil took time off following the '04 Finals. He didn't make a circus of free agency the way James has. Yes, he said he wanted to be traded in 2007, but I never had a problem with that. At that time, the Lakers were content with selling out Staples every night with Kobe as the lead attraction. He had to shame them into making a big move (enter Pau Gasol). Kobe never made a spectacle of himself and embarrassed his franchise the way Lebron did last night. No matter what trials and tribulations came his way, he stood in there and took whatever blows came his way. Did LeBron really have to do Cleveland the way he did them last night? I don't have a problem with anyone leaving a situation to go to a better situation. Clearly, Miami represents a better winning situation than Cleveland right now. But, I think there is a much better way to handle it. On top of that farce of a show last night, I read this morning that LeBron didn't even notify the Cavs personally of his decision. Let's not put LeBron on the same level as a Kobe Bryant anymore. LBJ wants to show us in subtle and not-so-subtle ways that he is a businessman. He wants to be Jay-Z. Kobe wants to be an all-time great and champion on the floor and for that to be his legacy. He doesn't go out of his way to show how much of a businessman he is.

13. Chris says:

How slave masters sound when they lose their top nigg***s!!!! In other words…."Wasn't I a good master to you?" It sounds like a slave/master relationship as opposed to an employee/employer relationship. Come on' Dan, who's really being SELFISH HERE!!Bitterness vs. ownership, ALL HE IS THINKING IS in regards to the money he’s losing, just like a master losing his Top slave. What is the purpose of calling it a 'FREE agency' if people get bent out of shape when you exercise that freedom? It's a shame when an owner can openly make comments like that and the NBA doesn't fine him for that but players are held accountable for their comments! If it was a player making comments like that they would be light in the pockets.

14. Al Carnes says:

Lebron James > Kevin Garnett.
    Loyalty is a one way street. People think James should have done what Malone and Garnett did, staying with their teams 'til they only had one leg left, only to then be allowed to pursue greatness/rings. In the end the victory is the key. No one bugs when soccer player defect for more money. or when the damn yankees stack their roster so high, it ruins sportsmanship.

Winning equals good business. Lebron with no rings = worthless.

• Vic says:

Soccer players get transferred. It's vastly different how business is done in Europe. You pay tens of millions of dollars to talk to a Messi or Ronaldo and then you negotiate a transfer fee to acquire a player from his old team in most cases. That said Lebron ruined his brand completely but all will be forgiven if he can get 3-4 rings while dominating in the next five years. Anything less and he'll be stigmatized even more. The Heat are under more pressure than any team I can ever remember. Either the pressure will bring out the collective best or it will destroy much of whatever legacy these three have as of now. Unfortunately none of these three will ever be seen as top five or ten players because of the perception that they we're all unable to lead squads built specifically around them to titles. Either way basketball may just have died in Cleveland, I do see how they bounce back from this.

15. You really have made your point well here on the web. I am sure that abilty will continue and increase over time.

16. We wish to thank you just as before for the gorgeous ideas you gave Janet when preparing a post-graduate research in addition to, most importantly, pertaining to providing all of the ideas within a blog post. If we had been aware of your web-site a year ago, we’d have been kept from the nonessential measures we were implementing. Thanks to you.

17. I am happy that I detected this blog , exactly the right information that I was searching for! .

18. crazy taxi says:

I discovered your blog web site on google and examine a number of of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the very good operate. I simply further up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Looking for ahead to studying more from you later on!…

19. I just put the link of your blog on my Facebook Wall. extremely nice weblog indeed.,’-”,

20. Can I simply say what a aid to search out somebody who actually is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how you can convey a difficulty to light and make it important. Extra folks have to read this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant believe youre not more in style because you positively have the gift.

21. Tag Aquaracer Chronotimer

22. I’m still learning from you, while I’m trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely liked reading everything that is written on your site.Keep the stories coming. I enjoyed it!

23. momo says:

Excellent post at Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Delivers “Ether” To LeBron James in The Greatest Letter Ever Written | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful information particularly the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

24. Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Delivers “Ether” To LeBron James in The Greatest Letter Ever Written | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

25. Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!