Don’t Let USC Fool You Reggie Bush Heisman Is Safe & Sound

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, July 21st, 2010

I speak often of media manipulation, where the media subtly convinces you of something that isn’t necessarily true.  They don’t tell you it isn’t true, but the way the story is reported it makes you believe what they want you to believe.

What USC is doing is “fan manipulation”.

They want you to think they have stripped Reggie Bush’s Heisman Trophy, but to be honest that is a lie.

Most people don’t know that the Heisman isn’t an award that the NCAA hands out.

It is a private award from the Downtown Athletic Club and the Heisman Trust.

Those individuals have no ties to the NCAA.

So the truth of the matter is, the NCAA nor USC can “take” Reggie Bush’s Heisman only the Heisman Trust can make that decision.

What happens is the Heisman Trust gives the school a replica Heisman to display in their trophy case while the real Heisman goes to the player.

In essence what USC gave back was fake platinum chain while Reggie Bush still owns the real one.

USC is trying to get public opinion on their side and throw all the blame on Reggie Bush.

But if they really wanted to eliminate everything Reggie Bush ever done for the university they would take an accountant of all the money he has made them and give it to charity, but don’t hold your breath waiting on that to happen.

It is my job to make sure that you the fan, aren’t manipulated.  So make sure you don’t let USC lie to you, like they lied to the NCAA about not knowing what was going on with their program.

1. Calvin Rome says:

Hmmm. Interesting. Glad there are people who know the ins and outs of the sports world, Because I sure don't. It makes you wonder what else does the media love exxagerating about in an effort to tickle fans ears and control what they want them to hear. Thanks

2. Imworthamill says:

How could anyone really be fooled by this???

I thought everyone knew about this!!!

3. Mike says:

From everything I have read on this matter USC has not said that its taking the Heisman from Reggie but that they were returning "The Replica Heisman" to distance themselves from Reggie. They are attempting to come clean which they have done further by removing Mike Garret as their AD.

4. Walt Failor says:

Make no mistake, no individual is bigger than the program at SC. No names on the back of jerseys, because the school is what is most important. The point of giving back the trophy is not to leave the impression of giving back the original, it says that the school recognizes that what Bush did was out of line. He has no honor, as many who play now are looking for the big contract, the status that comes along with the publicity. I for one do not believe that the players are in the dark when it comes to what violates the rules. I believe Bush knew what he was doing, and felt he was above having to answer for his actions. I don’t believe taking care of family is a relevant argument to condone his actions either. If you cheat once, and it’s ok, you will again. Your team, yourself, your family, where will it stop? Probably nowhere.

• Robert Littal says:

While you make valid points I think the school and coaches in general knew what was going on.

• NOY IMPORANT says:

ITHINK REGGIE BUSH SHOULD PAY BACK ALL THE MONEY USC HAS TO GIVE BACK. I THUNK REGGIE IS A DISGRACE TO COLLAGE FOOTBALL.AN PRO FESSIONAL FOOTBALL. HOW DO WE NOW HES NOT DOING TO THIS THERE

5. Brian says:

Never, never heard of USC referring to the return of the Heisman as the real one. They always stated that they were returning the replica. Everthing the LA Times reported was that they were returning the replica. Nice try to draw readers in by saying USC is duping them. Reggie and his family were greedy people that didn't have a care in the world about rules and USC. Calvin Rome is an idiot if he believes this article. Maybe this Robert guy needs to call in Jesse Jackson so he can write a story about Reggie is being portrayed wrong because he is black.

6. johnny amador says:

all reggie did was embarass the bush name. it seems that every major university 'cheats' in some manner. the technology that makes it possible to contact ppl these days is expanding way to fast for the NCAA to keep up. whats the next step for the NCAA? ban all schools from bowl games? i wouldt care. ther are way to many bowl games as it is. there shoulnd be but 10 bowl games. to this day i dont understand why they rank the top 25. seems like everyone gets to go bowling these days. thats sad.

7. Trojan Nani says:

If no one said anything would anyone care? I am constantly amazed at the SC bashers – is there no other University? What was done by Reggie and his family is his cross to bear (and really that year there were more deserving candidates) but it all comes down to who is really fodder for theNF.In the meantime, maybe the NCAA needs as much restructuring as NASCAR- too much money involved. In the meantime all you bashers, just go away.

8. ManOTroy says:

One thing I don't understand. I know Bush took advantage of "perks" for him and his family and broke those NCAA rules. However, to my knowledge, there were no great violations of "football" rules and all the games on the field were won by all the players of USC. They were the better team, game after game. Had nothing to do with where Reggie's Momma lived! Bush, as a player, ran around, through and over the opposition. He's NOT my hero. He tainted the reputation of a great university that has a great, well-earned football legacy.

9. Very nice design and style and wonderful subject material , nothing at all else we require : D.

10. Praise you for taking your time to discuss this with us, I feel greatly about it and love learning more on this category. If it is option, as you gain experience, would you mind updating your web blog with more precise? It is vastly helpful for me.

11. fabuleuse a caditadis si dafudentu esinantib con jaipias. mosor libinia se ralacomo son caticos mi imado ramolvera y ramos albuden ecento.

12. Beatriz says:

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!

13. Dyson says:

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too magnificent. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great web site.

14. Louie Panell says:

I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for posting. “The universe is not hostile, nor yet is it unfriendly. It is simply indifferent.” by John Andrew Holmes.

15. GW2 Engineer says:

This internet site Don’t Let USC Fool You Reggie Bush Heisman Is Safe & Sound | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline is really a walk-through for each of the info a person wanted about it and didn’t know who for you to ask. Glimpse below, and you’ll absolutely discover the idea.

16. nxx video says:

I’d need to check with you here. Which is not one thing I often do! I get pleasure from reading a publish that will make individuals think. Also, thanks for permitting me to remark!