Manny Pacquiao to Fight Antonio Margarito on November 13th in Vegas or Mexico | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Manny Pacquiao to Fight Antonio Margarito on November 13th in Vegas or Mexico

by Robert Littal | Posted on Saturday, July 24th, 2010

Put aside for a minute your feelings about Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Trust me I am not pleased with Floyd’s decision not to fight Manny this year.  Even if Bob Arum was blowing a lot of smoke with his fake deadlines and shady lies I truly believe that if Floyd wanted to fight Pacquiao on the November 13th the fight would have gotten done.

But that is another article for another day.

Right now lets talk about how Bob Arum is making a bad situation even worse.

Once Mayweather declined the fight and Arum was dead set on putting Pacquiao back in the ring in November, there were plenty of worthy challengers.

Paul Williams

Sergio Martinez

Tim Bradley

Devon Alexander

Alfredo Angulo

That is just five legit contenders I named off the top of my head, but who does Arum decide to put Pacquiao in the ring with?

Antonio Margarito.

Margarito is not even licensed in the US because of trying to wrap his hands with concrete before fighting Shane Mosley.  The same Margarito who was destroyed by Shane Mosley.  The same Margarito whose one fight since then was a bore against a no name opponent.

Arum says that Pacquiao can’t fight the real contenders because they don’t bring any money to the table.

But Arum put Pacquiao in the ring with Joshua Clottey who was only known to hard core boxing fans.  Paul Williams might not be a big draw but he is a 10x bigger draw Clottey, same goes for any of the other “real” contenders.

The real reason why Pacquiao last three fights (Cotto, Clottey & Margarito) are with people that he shouldn’t have been in the ring with (when he fought Cotto the welterweight champion at the time was Mosley and Arum wanted no part of him) is simple.

They are all Top Rank fighters and who owns Top Rank?

Bob Arum.

People want to know why many people say Boxing is dead, this is the exact reason why.  Pacquiao can’t make Floyd Mayweather fight him, but he can make the best fights, but instead he is giving a cheater who could have murdered someone in a ring his biggest payday ever.

I guess the saying is true there is no honor among thieves.

1. mobb says:

pacquiao should be fighting Paul williams not Margarito,hell i would rather see a shane mosley Pacuiao fight.

2. Bweezy says:

Has anyone given a thought why Arum did not schedule Paul Williams to fight Pacuiao, it's because the fight would come down to a decision which Arum cannot take a chance of Big Draw Pacuiao losing the fight, which in turn probably mean NO BIG MONEY FIGHT BETWEEN MAYWEATHER and PACUIAO.

3. D.A. says:

If the Nevada State Athletic Commission tabled Margatito's s application to fight during their July 9 meeting, how can he fight later in 2010 since he would have to be first approved by California, the state in which he was found to be cheating in first? Las Vegas was out for Margarito on July 9, 2010.

Please do your your homework, BSO.

Margarito could fight in Mexico or even Abu Dhabi in November. Yahoo! Sports gave us that on July 23.

4. JerzeeBred says:

Everyone should boycott this fight, because I know I won't be paying for it.

5. pacquiao says:

Margarito is a smart and strong boxer but For his upcoming fight for pacquiao I think he will going to loss.

6. Manny vs Antonio this is a great challenge for the both of them. Both are at the peaks of their career. Antonio is good, but Manny has already proven that he is unbeatable, fearless, skillful and a great giant killer. Antonio is the last great Mexican world champion standing. When Manny beats Margarito like other great Mexican champions, he will be considered the best in the world. With this fight there is no question that Manny will shatter Oscars vs Floyd's record ppv of 2.44 million. Its time to shock the world again. I would think that Pacquiao would take early rounds with his speed and proven ability to get inside bigger men with footwork and head movement. However Pacquiao has been hurt by fighters with far less power than Margarito like Juan Manuel Marquez and eventually Manny would slow down or Antonio would catch him and overwhelm the smaller man. I haven't seen margarito fights but If he's that good. I don't think pacman will back down a fight against margarito. Pacquiao is the kind of fighter who likes to fight stronger opponents. He likes to be the underdog. Just like when he first fought barrera when he (barrera) was on his prime (2003).The challenge like this will make pacman more excited more motivated to train harder to become the best boxer that he can be.

7. Cory Tamburo says:

The best fighters of this period(1990-Existing) are Floyd and Ricardo ‘Finito’ Lopez. If another person chose Lopez in excess of Floyd, I could understand, but expressing Manny has achieved far more than Floyd is bordering on LUNACY. Manny fights shot fighters like Morales and Barrera, and RECYCLED Top rated Rank fighters like Clottey, Cotto and PLASTER Hands. Offer with it.

8. some really interesting details you have written.

9. tolle tskrigen die rftitau den ilolg ohne erdiga. ationsvo mir agrommu die masseln und machtin den hunkt und vergeul den uggende mit hmenin.

10. is a simple to install and use emulator that essentially set emulates the DOS surroundings. This means that you will be in a position to play the aged type DOS game titles that you once loved as a child. Most of these video games are as of now labeled as abandonware, AKA noone can offer them anymore so they are lisense totally free! This signifies that we are able to down load DOS video games from abandonware websites for totally free! Totally free games are great and there are some excellent ones and kinds that you will keep in mind from when you exactly where a little one. Below are a few that I could uncover, if you know of much more make sure you inform me beneath in the comment box.

11. I do enjoy the way you have framed this particular problem and it really does offer me some fodder for consideration. Nonetheless, coming from just what I have seen, I simply wish as other reviews stack on that folks keep on point and don’t embark on a tirade regarding some other news of the day. Yet, thank you for this excellent point and even though I do not necessarily agree with the idea in totality, I respect the standpoint.

12. It is difficult to get knowledgeable men and women with this subject, but the truth is could be seen as do you know what you are referring to! Thanks

13. belle air says:

I really like looking at and I believe this website got some genuinely utilitarian stuff on it! .

14. replica says:

I came towards the exact conclusion as nicely some time ago. Wonderful write-up and I will be confident to look back later for much more news.

15. Read was interesting, stay in touch……

16. Foreclosure says:

Whats up? I am loving this website. I wrote about the same thing at Foreclosures.

17. Looking at the time and effort you put into your site and elaborate info in the article you offer!

18. Jan Endsley says:

Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

19. I was just seeking this information for a while. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your website. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative sites in top of the list. Normally the top websites are full of garbage.