Nike: “My Butt is Big” Ad Campaign | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Nike: “My Butt is Big” Ad Campaign

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, July 26th, 2010

A couple of things:

A- Why isn’t Serena Williams in this ad?

B- Can we get an ID on the model because she is nice looking.

I am not sure where Nike is going with this, but I can tell their ad department has no clue what a “big butt” is.

The young lady in the ad doesn’t have a “big butt” she has a curvy shape with a nice little “bubble”. The ad should be “I am Curvaceous” or “My Butt isn’t Flat”.

This is a “Big Butt”

I think Nike is trying to capitalize on the Kim Kardashian craze, hence no Serena in the ad. What do you think about it?

1. I agree and disagree with your stance. In the ethnic community, the lady pictured does not have a big butt..but for most white women, she's working with a lot! That being said, I think Nike is trying to introduce white women to the concept that it's ok to have a 'big butt' and still be fit, sexy and in shape. Black people already get that concept. I also think thats why they don't have Serena in the ad, they need baby steps for white women..having Serena would be too much, too soon….

2. Jarren says:

Could have swore "embassador" was spelled with an A. Anyways, it looks like the idea of being curvy and beautiful is trying to make its mainstream appeal to women of all types. I mean, honestly, how many curvy athletes can you name that are not black?

3. real says:

Serena was in nikes last “butt” ad…I think she had a shirt on that said “stare at my titles” or something in the ad.

4. David says:

serena isn't hot. that chick is hot.

5. Andrew says:

First of all, the woman in the second photo is FAT, her as is FAT, she has a FAT ass. The woman in the NIKE ad has a tone, muscular butt, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. And why would Serena have to be in this ad. First of all, it would not back up your "B" argument because Serena also has a muscular butt and NOT a FAT ass.

6. Guest says:

Answer to "A" Serena has already done this Ad a few years back. Just didn't show her face… http://populargoodness.files.wordpress.com/2008/0

7. ReadingDumbIsh says:

Andrew, if the woman in the 2nd photo is fat something is serious wrong with you. That's Tahiry and her and fat aren't friends at all. smh.

8. bar56 says:

Second girls ass is FAT with a capital F!!

9. Chuck says:

That big butt campaign by Nike is just gonna make it okay for bloated women to think it's fine to be out of shape and have a disgusting, sloppy ass – I mean Rosie has a "big butt" but she ain't doing Nike ads any time soon. You don't need an ad that announces that having a big ass that is in great shape is a good thing – we already knew that.