Video: Dwyane Wade Blocks Kids Self-Esteem…err…Shots | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Video: Dwyane Wade Blocks Kids Self-Esteem…err…Shots

by BSO Staff | Posted on Sunday, August 15th, 2010

Being that it is Sunday and all, I’m going to confess something. I no longer think Kobe Bryant is the big jerk I once thought he was. Kobe hasn’t exactly done anything noteworthy, but have a very quiet off season. So what has brought about this change of heart? The South Beach NWO.  Chris Bosh plays with people’s emotions and thinks it’s fun, LeBron( I don’t have time to touch all of that) and now Dwyane Wade is blocking kids shots at a clinic during the World Basketball Festival in New York City.

Wade finds it comical to block the shot and taunt the poor kid, and the second time you can see the kid basically walk off as if he doesn’t care.  I swear, I thought when star athletes hold clinics, it’s to build a child’s self-esteem and work on fundamentals.  Getting your shot blocked by a professional athlete and have them taunt you, it’s not something you’re going back home and share that with the homies.

The merging of these three talents on one team has somehow given them a perceived cloak of invisibility(Harry Potter).  They’ve assumed the championship is theirs and that all will be forgotten once the banner is hung.  Whether these actions are a ‘show’ or their real personalities, is a line that is quickly becoming blurred.  You can only pretend to be a jackass so long before you actually become a jackass.  Get it together South Beach NWO, the season is long and hard, and every arena and every loss will be directly related to this off season of antics.

Erikka is the resident female voice of BSO.  You can check her out here and here ( http://twitter.com/flannypants).

1. Jwill says:

I hope that you don't have any little boys, because you are clueless
    about how boys think and feel, to have their shots blocked by one of
    their heroes will be something that they will look back on fondly for
    the rest of their lives. And get a clue, the taunting Dwade is doing is
    just good natured fun, you are such a girl!!!

• thebestofthedarkside says:

I am a girl, won't ever deny that, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the psyche of a child. Boy or girl no one wants to be shown up by a grown a** man that is basically making fun of him. Now if Wade picked the boy up so he could dunk the ball, thats something to have a positive memory about. It's not about gender, it's about not being Kenny Powers(Eastbound and down) and thinking overpowering kids is 'what's hot'.

2. Aaron says:

Jwill you are funny. That boy got his feeling hurt for a publicity stunt. He will not look fondly on that for many years. Apparently you don't have a little boy because you would understand the complexity and fragility of the mans ego. That's why women can hurt us so badly. We act hard but we feel pain like any other person. and for a kid to get taunted contantly have his shot blocked by proffesional player is over the top

3. Riley says:

Yea plus if dwyane would of went a little easier the kids so they could make a shot they would look back on that forever.

4. Really nice design and style and excellent content material , practically nothing else we need : D.

5. One of the best things I’ve seen all week! I cannot begin to explain how structured this piece is. You have really swept me away! Super job!

6. Benedicta says:

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. ~W.T. Ellis

7. Sports says:

Nowadays to find a similar Efficient and Effective SEO Automation software at one Time payment of US 99-00 is a rarity\

8. resource says:

hey there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again soon..