NFL Week 2 Games of the Week
What a great opening weekend to the NFL season we had last week! We saw the ageless Brett Favre make his 286th consecutive start, the Saints defend their Super Bowl crown against the Vikings, and some Super Bowl XLV hopefuls (Colts, Jets, Chargers, and Cowboys) start off the season with a loss. Let’s look at some of the match ups for the weekend.
1. New England Patriots vs New York Jets – The “Hoodie”, Justin Bieber’s hair, and the “Slouch” all make their way to New York to take on the pre-season paper “champs”, the Jets. After dominating the Bengals in week one, can the Patriots keep the offensive onslaught going? In regards to being called a “Slouch” by defensive back Darrelle Revis, Randy Moss had this to say:
We’re coming to the Meadowlands on Sunday, man, so you got 60 minutes of this ‘Slouch.'”
And what do we make of the Jets? After hearing all off season that this was a Super Bowl team, they opened the season in their new stadium with a devastating loss to the Ravens. It’s time for Mark “Sanchize” to step up and become the elite quarterback that the Jets see him as, or the Matt Leinart comparisons will continue. I like Tom Brady and the Pats to pull off the victory.
2. Baltimore vs. Cincinnati – Ray Lewis and Chad Ochocinco meet again. Although the Ravens won last weekend, the offense was less than stellar. The Bengals were blown out against the Patriots, and only made the game seem interesting in the 4th quarter. Look for another strong Ravens defensive performance and the Ravens to take an early lead in the AFC North conference race. An interesting side note to look at; if the Bengals get down early again, let’s see if the frustrations boil over for T.O. or Chad Ochocinco.
Allen Eastman’s “99 system” for betting NFL football.
For the past 2 years the system has gone and incredible 50-21 (70%) and last year alone 27-13 this
for +63.5 Units and around $5,600 in profit for $100 bettors. This year
he’s at it again with last week being his official start. Last week the system went 3-1 +$900 for $100
3. Pittsburgh vs. Tennessee – Pittsburgh comes to Nashville to take on Chris Johnson and the Titans. Dennis Dixon gets the nod for the Steelers (Byron Leftwich was recently released). The Steelers are coming off a one play overtime victory against the Falcons, while the Titans are coming off an impressive showing against the Oakland Raiders. Chris Johnson has 12 straight 100+yard rushing games, and if any team can end the streak, it’s the Steelers. I think the Titans defense will harass Dixon the entire game and Chris Johnson runs (pun intended) his streak to 13 games and the Titans win.
4. Arizona vs. Atlanta – The Arizona Cardinals are flying east again, this time to take on the Atlanta Falcons. Derek Anderson did a serviceable job for the Cardinals last week in a victory against the St. Louis Rams. The Falcons are looking for their offensive identity as they have not scored an offensive Touchdown in 26 straight possessions (pre-season and game 1). The Cardinals will be without Beanie Wells for the 2nd straight game. Look for the Falcons to start off fast offensively as the crowd should be roaring in this game as the fans and Falcons celebrate Tony Gonzalez’s 1000th catch (1st TE in the NFL to do so). The Falcons haven’t lost an opening home game under head coach Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. Look for the Falcons to continue this streak and find their offensive rhythm.
5. New York Giants vs. Indianapolis Colts – Manning Bowl 2 is here! Eli and the Giants are looking to go 2-0, while Colts are looking to avoid an 0-2 start. Eli is looking for his first win against his big brother. The Colts will be playing their first home game this season. I like the Colts in this one, Peyton Manning won’t let his team go 0-2.
Alright all, good luck with the games tomorrow!