Audio: Mike Ditka on Jenn Sterger & Lil Favre: “I Have No Sympathy For Her” | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Audio: Mike Ditka on Jenn Sterger & Lil Favre: “I Have No Sympathy For Her”

by Robert Littal | Posted on Thursday, October 14th, 2010

At least with Mike Ditka, you know he is going to speak his mind.

Unfortunately though, half the time he doesn’t have all the facts straight or just is down right delusional.

You can listen to his entire interview about the Lil Favre incident above, but here are some of the more colorful snippets:

I’m not going to be as sympathetic to the woman as a lot of people are,” Ditka said. “It’s two years after the fact. Cut it out, you know? If you had a problem, you could have said it back then.”

“You don’t have to pull it up when when you’re going to have a spread in Playboy or you’re going to have a Monday night game coming up,” he said. “I’m old-fashioned.”

To which Le Batard said: “So, no sympathy?”

“None. Zero. Absolutely zero,” Ditka responded. “Now, you’ll get some calls about that, but frankly I could care less.”

Le Batard: “But it is sexual harassment, Mike.”

“I don’t know about that,” Ditka said. “If it’s sexual harassment, if it’s not reported until two years after the fact. I really don’t, I’ll be honest with you.”

Never speak unless you know all the facts and this is why Ditka just inserted his foot in his mouth.

Jenn Sterger did not provide the info to Deadspin.  What she did was tell Deadspin the story off the record and then they started fishing.  They found some people that Sterger had sent “Lil Favre” and the voicemails to.  They paid those people (or person) and that is how they get the alleged evidence.

Secondly, Miss Sterger has no current plans to do Playboy.

Lastly, it was Deadspin’s decision when this information was released,not Miss Sterger who has made it clear she didn’t want it released.

I never got the impression that Miss Sterger was looking for sympathy, if anything it appears she wish it never happened.

Regardless of when it happened, if you send an employee pics of your package just out of the blue, no matter how you rationalize it, the law says that is sexual harassment.

The law isn’t about how the woman handles it, it just states you can’t do it, so the time period is irrelevant.

If Miss Sterger was pushing an agenda, I could somewhat see Ditka’s point, but he is embarrassingly uninformed about the situation and in turn it makes his points look foolish based on the facts that we know.

He seems like many, to be under the impression that Brett Favre can do no wrong, so lets blame the woman.  She didn’t ask for “Lil Favre” to come to her phone. And what about the other woman who claimed that Favre likes to make good use of his unlimited texts?

That is an archaic way of thinking and does nothing to help the stereotype of dumb, sexiest jock.

Smarten Up Nas

1. AL Jones says:

Jenn Sterger is a whore……..and looking for a payday

• libramd says:

So just because the story is out she's a whore?….Did she tell you about what happened face to face OR was it Farve you had the convo with?
      She sent the pics to herself?
      Had she had an affair with him AND THEN put these pics out Id question it.( Still wouldnt be a whore) WHY IS IT ALWAYS NECCESSARY TO CALL WOMEN OUT OF THEIR NAMES????

• Robert Littal says:

Hard to disagree with that

• Jorge says:

Yeah she a fity cent ass whore!! Worse than that a big-tity-cock-ass teaser!!

• Grakas says:

I certainly would not call Ms Sterger a Whore!! That in itsself is offensive. I do have certain questions as to her motives. In order to meet the legal definition of harrassment these actions must have been unwelcome and offensive to the recipient. I wonder if pictures of intimate body parts would have been unwelcome and offensive to someone that apparently makes a substantial part of her living doing the same thing. This is the age of equality. How is is that exposing female body parts is art and male parts harrassment? I think both should be kept private. You cannot spend a whole day trolling and be upset on what type fish you catch. I also question why and when information was leaked. It was done for MAXIMUM publicity, another self serving reason. My deepest sympathy lies with the Farve family (not Brett). They are the innocents here and not the self serving self gratifying crowd.

2. Sounds like 20 years ago coach had him some ladies on the side..lol…

3. Sierra says:

But like you said, she told Deadspin about what happened off the record. So she can't be surprised that they went behind her back and went digging for more information. If she really wanted to do something about it, she would have reported it back when it happened. Like the saying goes : "you give someone an inch and they'll take a mile." She gave Deadspin a little bit of information and they took it and went off with it. Deadspin is not her BFF that she can share secrets with; they are a member of the media and when they see a hot story, they are going to pounce on it and do whatever they can to find info on it. I'm not saying Jenn Sterger is completely at fault because Brett Favre should have kept it in his pants and focused on football and how many times he is going to retire and then come back. But people need to stop acting like she is completely 100% innocent because she's not.

• Robert Littal says:

That was her biggest mistake, trusting people who she shouldn't. I think she liked the attention, but didn't expect it to blow up in her face.

4. Savannah says:

How do you even know any of the pics, etc. are Favre? How do you know the voice mails are not spliced? I say wait until all the evidence is in and then posit an opinion.

5. Robert Littal says:

It is ok to have an opinion as long as you base it on what is factually out there

6. John says:

*Sexual harrassment or not, the time period is extremely relevant. Two years' time between said event and present day invokes the statute of limitations, and what might have been something Favre could have been prosecuted for is now extremely difficult to prosecute. In fact, if it qualifies as a misdemeanor, the time period elapsed pretty much makes it impossible for him to be prosecuted. As to whether Roger Goodell wants to do anything, well, it's up to him but it's probably unwise for him to do so lest he looks like he simply has too little to do and is simply finding causes to fight.

• newone says:

Personally, I like what Goodell is doing the Pro-athletic world is getting a terrible image…….It's not just a Man's World anymore (sorry guys, we just won't let you have nothing, will we?). Women are becoming just as avid about sports as men.

It was getting to the point that I didn't even want to invest any of my husband and my hard earned money to purchase my boys any thing of any professional athlete's. I like going to games (just as social event not as interest)…..but I canceled our season tickets. All because I was refusing to support these guys over indulgent activities…….especially when there was NO consequences and what seemed to me to be even a "that a boy" attitude coming from the higher ups…..I couldn't stand it.

I constantly found myself trying to explain to my sons that this is not behavior of a "Real Man With Character" . I Thank God for my husband being there as real model.

Besides, a little accountability Ain't gonna hurt nobody", It Builds Character.

• Robert Littal says:

There is no statute of limitations for the NFL Conduct Policy. And Goodell has stated they are looking at it as Sexual Harassment in the workplace

7. corey says:

act like a whore and you deserved to be treated as one.

8. MacH says:

if she didn't want the story to get out, why send pics to friends, why hint about it to the media? She's sorry it took this long to get in the open.

• Robert Littal says:

People send pics to friends all the time from guys/girls. From what I have been told she didn't think Deadspin would print anything she said "off the record"

9. R.T. says:

I would bang her!

10. Ian says:

She told Deadspin "off the record?" Come on now, that's just ridiculous. You should know by now that there is no such thing as "off the record" in today's media. In the battle to be first against websites that have no allegiance to the journalistic code, newspapers and television outlets will pounce on any little crumb that becomes available. Sterger, who is a part of that media world, would absolutely have known that a story about Favre, with pictures of his wang to "prove" it, would generate this kind of response. Sure, from a legal standpoint, it may be sexual harassment, but what seems to be coming from Ditka isn't so much a question of whether or not it happened, but why she's come out with it now. And he is right to ask that, as it isn't that much of a stretch to suggest that it's a calculated move to garner some publicity. If she "didn't want it to get out" then why did she keep the voicemails and pictures AND then tell a site like Deadspin about it?

11. Kirk says:

Dumb..just really dumb.
    Is there anyone with anything beyond single digit IQ that does not understand this slut is seeking a payday! Let's cut the nonsense here folks. If Bret did something stupid, let his wife handle it.
    It is none of our business. Sterger is a slut pure and simple. Two years after the so called thing occured…Ditka is right.

12. MJL says:

So basically according to you…. Deadspin or whom ever has either put this out…totally against Steger's wishes…she refuses to say anything to anybody…then what are we doing here? This isn't about truth…it is about promotion for Deadspin…money or promotion to somebody…but hardly about the truth. Oh by the way…how many athletes can pick up stones…what about all the sports figures…Mantle and alot of the things he did, make Favre look like a Priest, M. Jordan,….i live in Phx…and can tell you the stories I heard about Barkley…, these stars are worshiped by many still, What about the Kennedy's….I could go on and on….If the woman didn't want to press charges…then this never should have come to the fore front period!