Video: Worst Pass Interference Call EVER..Brandon Flowers on Andre Johnson | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Video: Worst Pass Interference Call EVER..Brandon Flowers on Andre Johnson

by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, October 17th, 2010

I am not one to have knee jerk reactions.

I know the refs have a tough job and from time to time they miss a call.

So when I say this, just know that I mean it from the bottom of my soul. This ref needs to be:

FIRED!!!!!!!!

I have seen a lot of bad calls in my day, but this is simply atrocious. It is clear that Johnson pushed off Flowers.

The official had to have money on the Texans, that is the only reasonable explanation. It is sad that such a exciting game was turned on such an awful call. He shouldn’t be allowed to referee any other game this season.

The penalty was declined because Johnson made the catch, but if he didn’t the Texans get a gift.  Also it is likely Johnson doesn’t make the catch if he doesn’t push off which wasn’t called.

The NFL has to address this immediately. I know these are judgment calls, but nothing needed to be judged here, that was offensive pass interference against Johnson.

Point blank period.

1. God says:

Further proof the NFL like the NBA, is fixed

2. gooey says:

It was a terrible call, but it honestly should have been a non-call anyway, meaning the catch would have stood as is. And yes, it really should have been a non-call, when compared with all that flowers got away with in his coverage of Johnson in the first half.

It was a bad call, but it shouldn't have and didn't change anything in the game.

3. Posey says:

Agree with gooey. Looks like a non-call to me. Sounds like you might have had some money on the game, lol

4. rufus chengadia says:

I agree, that ref needs to loose his job. In any other industry, if you make mistakes like that, you get fired.

5. jophus says:

I agree with rufus. If you read the NFL's rules on pass interference, it's very, very clear Johnson should have been given the penalty. You don't lost games on one play, but that one single play DID give the Texans a new set of downs close to the end zone, instead of losing a down and moving backwards 10 yards. It changed the entire dynamic and virtually handed the game to Houston with just a few seconds left. Like rufus said–any other job, and that guy gets canned. As a pro sports ref, he shrugs his shoulders and doesn't care. Thank you, NFL, for allowing poor calls ALL OVER the league to ruin what used to be a great sport.

6. FantumHawk says:

OK people I have to say you got to watch the video… the complete video… Especially the part where Johnsonson turns his head and the corner has his arm in front of Johnson impeding him…. That is why KC got the flag…. Also from the REF's point of view he obviously saw it a lot more clearly… KC's Defence is why KC lost the game not bad officiating…

7. Mike says:

Bad call absolutely, the penalty was declined. Brandon Flowers got in front of johnson and slowed down impeding Johnson. Watch the whole play and Brandon Flowers should be embarassed about his behavior after the call.

8. Jon says:

Ok,youboth are obviously from Texas,or HUGE fans of the Texans,cuz this was the most blatently wrong callof all time! The corner is allowed to throw his hands in the way anyway…it's his freakin job!

9. jake says:

can they just not allow the chiefs a great season