Freddie Mitchell on Donovan McNabb: "He Played Like Shit in Super Bowl" | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Freddie Mitchell on Donovan McNabb: “He Played Like S*** in Super Bowl”

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010

At this point, I am wondering if Marvin Harrison will take time out from polishing his gun collection to say McNabb cost him the Heisman at Syracuse.

People are coming out of the woodwork left and right to give their thoughts on DMac.

We heard T.O.’s take and now FredEx has come out of hibernation with this gem from No Guts No Glory.

“I respect both Coach Reid and Coach Shanahan — they have two total different coaching theories,” Mitchell said. “I can only wonder what would have happened in the Super Bowl if Reid stepped up and said, ‘You know what? You’re playing like [expletive], you’re benched.’ I don’t know many coaches that have the balls to do that. He was playing like [expletive] and he should have been benched. … And don’t say he doesn’t have a record of this; he did the same thing in every single championship game.”

We should clear up some Urban Legends about the Super Bowl everyone is referencing.

Here are McNabb’s official stats from the Super Bowl.

30/51 357 yards 3 TDs and 3 INTs

I can tell you that the Patriots didn’t play a great game, the Eagles especially in the first half controlled the tempo. McNabb had two killer INTs in the redzone that stopped the Eagles from having a lead going into halftime.

If anything, that is the real reason why the Eagles lost, but people are more interested in what happened in the second half.

McNabb did have some “conditioning” issues, that was confirmed not just by Terrell Owens, but also Brian Westbrook and several offensive lineman.

With that being said, Andy Reid was thoroughly out coached by Bill Belchick. The clock management issues the Eagles still have to this day, happened in the Super Bowl as well.

A detail people overlook is McNabb passed the ball 51 times and Reid only called 17 rushes. He got pass happy in a game that wasn’t a blow out.

Did McNabb have a poor game, I think even he would admit that he could have played better. If McNabb had a great game, the Eagles would’ve  probably won. Did they lose because he couldn’t catch his breath? That is probably a stretch.

Are people using McNabb as a scapegoat (or Escape Goat if you are Antonio Pierce)?

McNabb’s detractors are using this time to throw salt in his wound. I think it is a bit weak, people should concentrate on the issues at hand.

Is Rex Grossman better than Donovan McNabb?

That is the point, not what happened in the Super Bowl or in Philly.

When someone comes out in public and says Grossman is better, then I will listen.

1. Mister Z says:

I know FredEX isn't talking. Well, I guess he can with his hall of fame credentials. He was so stellar as a first round draft pick he transcends a hybrid receiver made up of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. Wait, no, that's right, Freddie Mitchell was a huge bust who's biggest asset was his mouth. Maybe if he played better, McNabb would have had more than just T.O. and Westbrook as a target in the SuperBowl. Lastly, how can you throw 51 passes in the Superbowl and not expect to be intercepted? This defer the blame from me and focus it on the QB nonsense that Eagles players have been doing is such a shame, and to me an insult to their own manhoods.

2. Abdul says:

All his hate on McNabb is just plain nonsense. All this man has done in the league is win a whole lot more than he's lost. Has he gotten off to a tough start stats-wise? Yes, but let's still consider the fact that he's in the top 6-7 in the league in 2010 in yards passing. Has anyone seen the crap he has had to go into battle with in terms of offensive playmakers? It should get easier as you get older. The Skins are still asking him to carry a bunch of pedestrian playmakers to heights they can probably never reach. Embarrassing a class act like McNabb is ridiculous. Acting like he is old is ridiculous as well. He has quite a few years left in him. He has more years to make a bigger HOF argument. FredEx was a washout in the league. Does he even play football anymore?

3. Gee Hunt says:

Freddie Mitchell is a complete fool. He was never a decent player and if Donovan had better receivers then maybe the outcome would have been different. Freddie Mitchell should thank god that he got a chance to play in the NFL. This guy is looking for headlines and there is no way to get them than to trash Donovan. Look at T.O., this guy is a whinning, dumb azz sissy. He's still upset over that pitty crap. This guy is a whinning bitch.

4. michael muhammad says:

Freddie mitchell played like shit his entire career.

5. Paul says:

i dont think Shanahan benched McNabb for Grossman because he really thought rex is better. Its the message that counts. The fact that he's telling Mcnabb that i think Rex is better than You should hit home hard.
    And stop making excuse for Donovan, he has chocked in a lot of big games plus his accuracy is horrible.
    People act McNabb is the best black quaterback ever and they gotta defend him. I'd take Steve McNair over McNabb any day of the week

6. The Other P says:

@Paul I’d take Warren Moon as best black QB.

FredEx talked all that ish before the SB & if I remember correctly Rodney Harrison caught more of McNabb’s passes that Mitchell did.

I blame the unlimited supply of Campbell’s Chunky Soup for McNabb’s conditioning issues. Can’t knock out 3 cans of soup right before practice or a game & expect to be able to run without problems.

7. Muy buen artículo. Lo que dices sirvió de mucho, gracias!

8. Mrs. B says:

Sounds like FredEX is simply a jealous, vendictive "has been" and needs some media attention.

9. Just wanna comment that you have a very nice internet site , I the pattern it actually stands out.

10. In case you nonetheless haven’t figured out what that (Splat!) scene was, that was a water balloon combat between Jamie, his father, and twenty other attendees at Jamie’s drinking water balloon . Indeed, individuals quite drinking water balloon functions that you employed to enjoy as a child. It can be amusing how insanely dull adult life can be at moments, is not it? Nicely, here’s an notion to cheer you up… Why will not you, for a change, step aside from that white-collared lifestyle of yours, and invite all your friends to enjoy some wacky drinking water balloon ? After all, no matter how previous we grow, there is certainly constantly a little one inside us, correct?

11. Your homepage offers a lot of unique insights and info. I have never really thought about it like that. Please keep updating your website. I will be stopping over every time u do it .

12. Generally I don’t create comments on people’s homepage, but I want to mention that this article really forced me to do so. Really great blog!

13. Lala Greif says:

You have brought up a very fantastic details , thankyou for the post. “There’s two heads to every coin.” by Jerry Coleman.

14. Galen Hinken says:

I pay a quick visit everyday some websites and information sites to read content, except this webpage provides quality based posts.

15. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later in life. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great writing, have a nice morning!