Rumor: Nebraska Quarterback Taylor Martinez Quitting the Team | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Rumor: Nebraska Quarterback Taylor Martinez Quitting the Team

by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, November 21st, 2010

This is just a rumor, but one that seems to have some legs.

The problem comes from Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini acting like a young Bobby Knight on steroids.

Check out the video above, I am all for discipline and holding your players accountable, but Pelini appears to be out of control and I would not allow a child of mine to play for a coach like that.

Nebraska lost an ugly game to Texas A&M where they committed 16 penalties and Pelini showed no composure on the sidelines.

Pelini has had a history of acting like a spoiled childĀ  and to be honest the act is old. Martinez one of the best freshman quarterbacks in the country and has brought life back into the Nebraska program. I can understand how he and his parents probably feel right now.

My advice with him would be to stick it out for the rest of the season for his teammates and then think really hard if Nebraska is the right place for him.

Powered by

1. steve says:

Very short legs. He was caught texting in the locker room when he was taken in, after injury. Of more concern whould be the comspiracy theory in Nebraska that the game was decided before the kick off by the Big 12, and like Lee Harvey Oswald the ref's pulled the trigger. Check out the Ben Cotton video on You tube, if a guy was slamming your junk with a fist, you would kick, too. The Monday Big 12 conference call should be interesting.

2. Joe Kumpf says:

Why do you think it took so long for the gum chewing fool to land a head coaching job?

The guy and his brother have big time anger management issues!

Granted the calls and the game were not going his way but handle the pressure like an adult!

• drock says:

how about you go out there and try to do what they do day in and day out…. 16 penalties dont you think you would get a little pissed off… a coach has rules and if you dont follow them you will pay the price….

3. jr says:

Why is it that everyone is critisizing bo but not one person has critisized the refs or the coaches from the texas a&m game even though anyone who watched that game could tell the refs were bought off ,(how long will it be before texas has to have a bail out to cover the money they spent paying for the refs) and why is it that the ncaa isn’t even doing any kind of investigation, and while we are at it why hasnt the guy who was pobviously trying to injure another player hasn’t been charged with assault he definately intended to injure barney cotton or he wouldn’t have started to get up then lay back dow as soon as the ref got close, and why isn’t anyone critisizing the texas a&m coaches for condoning that kind of stuff, Personnaly I think it is because you are all to only paying attention to one person and not the more important things like fair play and what message we are sending these kids by allowing such actions I know I would wrather have a coach who will cus me out for something I did wrong than one who teaches cheating and assault

• Agdoc says:

I suppose the refs threw the interceptions, caused the fumbles and stepped on Martinez's foot, too? Jeez, I never heard such whining in my life. YOU JUST LOST A FOOTBALL GAME. GET OVER IT!! As for the "sexual assault"–oh, puhleeeeze. BTW–there's no "w" in "rather" and a second "s" in "cuss" and your syntax is terrible. Do you have a PhD from N.U.?

• JEN says:

You are RUDE!

• jr w says:

You must have a P>H>D in cock sucking if you think that what #83 did to barny cotton was normal football It's assault you dumb fuk (you must be a fag from texas) and I spelled it that way so that dumb fuks like you could understand it, The refs were paid I dont care what you say if it was the other way around your fag ass would be making a big deal out of it so roll over and put your boyfriends dick back in your maouth and shut the hell up and leave the thinking up to people who are qualified to do it

• Gunny says:

“Agdog”, your malicious comments epitomize the entire debacle that unfolded that night. It's surprising that anyone would defend such poor behavior but once again, arrogance and ignorance travel hand-in-hand. As a proud Cornhusker, I have long enjoyed watching all quality teams play the game and being a military man, the Aggies have always been one of my favorites. However, there is no excuse for the poor judgment and unprofessionalism collectively shown that night by a select few Aggie players, the entire reffing crew and the Big 12 leadership. Despite all this, I also believe the Cornhuskers should be able to put up more than 6 measly points in ANY game, especially against a weaker team and let’s be honest with one another; odds are good that Nebraska would win 4 out of 5 games against the Aggies this year. All fans reserve the right to “whine” when their team is not treated with the dignity they deserve and no doubt you would be one of the first. Dignity, look it up….

• jr w says:

Thank you gunny that was very well put, I do agree that the huskers should have been able to get alot more points concidering the talent that they have, I hope they get it together when we meet oklahoma for the big 12 championship which I think is the perfect rivalry to play for our last big twelve title game, And on a different note thank you for serving in the armed forces and for all that you and the military are doing, I have nothing but respect for all of you guys,

• idofotos says:

AG doc must be something you do in Texas stick your arm or head up someones butt,
        Pull it out and join the real world

• Dee says:

Right on – I feel that the ref's and the oposing sideline are just as much to blame if not more. Nebraska is paying for getting out and it is too bad that we have to leave under such horrid circumstances. Big 12 commissioners need to sit down and re-think what is being done.

4. Sgt Arnold says:

Look as hard as it is to admit it playing through bad reffing is just part of the game. Was it bs; yes yes it was buts that's life. This isn't the first time somebody has had it out for NU and will definitely not be the last time either. As for everyone else who says stop whining and complaining about the reffing job; well i can guarantee you that you wouldn't be saying the same thing if it happened to you. I think after last years clock scandal against texas was handled with a lot more class than if the situation was reversed. It is clearly obvious that texas is the youngest daughter of the the big 12. They bat there eyes and act innocent to big papa Big 12 to give them whatever they want. As far as martinez is concerned while i agree that he is a great player if he wants to leave after an ass chewing than get rid of him. He has no heart or sense of responsibility; just remember that not all programs fit his playing style so he may be great here and be 3rd string towel boy for someone else. This is college; he either needs to grow a pair and move on or just let the sand sit in his clit and join the girls water polo team. Bo is an energetic and emotional coach, could he have handled it better sure, but he didn't and apologized for it end of story, but if some of you huskers fans would like to see him gone I'm sure we can find another coach who is twice as calm and will win half the games that Bo does.

• JASON SMITH says:

right on!! bo knows!! great coach. he has passion. taylor is a great qb. but needs to be able to take some con critisism. i would take it as a compliment if bo gave me an ass chewing. GO BIG RED!!!

5. Doug62 says:

Although this may be hear-say, the word on my street is that Bo got after Taylor Martinez because he was texting his father from inside the locker room. I can't confirm whether this is an NCAA rule or not, but I've also heard that teams are NOT to have any outside contact during the game, or they forfeit the game. Also, Taylor's been warned about this once before. Again – no idea on whether any part of that is truth or not.

If there's truth to it – then Bo had every right to be pissed off at his QB. And I agree with Jason 100%. He's a great QB, but if he leaves the team because he got yelled at, then it just makes Taylor out to be a spoiled brat who can't stand any criticism.

6. tquandt says:

Taylor M has a father who feels that he needs to be involved with all the coaching decisions which is not his place. Why else would the kid transfer to three high schools in three years? There are big time issues here and he appears to be a self absorbed QB. Its called a football TEAM. This kid has lots and lots of promise but needs to be a team player.
    A very typical pre-mondona QB that needs to grow up and play ball. I vote for a committed three star player every time. We will see!

7. PGB says:

I have a friend who is good friends with one of the coaches on Mizzu and he is tigh twith Bo, and the story is true about the texting thing. Taylor also tried to quit the team over the summer. He is a great talent but there is some issues there. The good news is this can be rectified. Eric "Hesiman" Couch quit the team at one time also. I will say this, Bo was wayout of line losing his cool like that. Tom Osborne did not do that.

8. Please admin write my back. I have deal..

9. is obama going to keep giving away our money?

10. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

11. personal thank you letter samples