Browns RB Peyton Hillis: “Every Team Made Fun of Me For Being White” | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Browns RB Peyton Hillis: “Every Team Made Fun of Me For Being White”

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, January 21st, 2011

Players aren’t just creative with their trash talk anymore.

My personal suggestion is Bart Scott give a class on trash talk, since he does that better than providing an impact on the field.

CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Peyton Hillis had a breakout year at running back and he happens to be white.  Those two things normally don’t go together, so as you can imagine opposing teams tried to use that to get into his head.

“Every team did it,” he said. “They’ll say, ‘You white boy, you ain’t gonna run on us today. This is ridiculous. Why are you giving offensive linemen the ball?’

“All kinds of stuff like that you hear on the field, but I use that to my advantage. I kind of soaked it in, ate it up a little bit, because I enjoyed it.”

Hillis said he’s been referred to by nicknames such as “The Avalanche” and “White Rhino.”

He also touched on getting overlooked in Denver and his Cleveland breakout.

“In Denver, they just wanted me to play strictly fullback, nothing else. I wasn’t too happy about the situation, but I was trying to be a team player.

Doesn’t matter if you are black, white, Avatar or Sam Cassell, if you can ball you can ball.  Hillis can ball and that is what people should focused on.

They should also work on better trash talk.

Powered by

1. LB says:

The only way to shut people up is to do the damn thing…which he did……

2. ragg says:

Way to play the race card…

3. white black says:

Why would someone get offended by being called white boy? I call my friends crackerz all the time. You see….the negative and loud reaction gives it Power. Don't react and no one will care. Shouldn't racism be expired by now? It's 2011 for F Sakes!

4. Ed Avery says:

lazy trash talk is on par with todays week ass NFL. Just a bunch of over paid HGH freaks.

5. matt says:

being called white or cracker doesnt affend me it just reminds me of my ancestors owning land and people. i could get in a time machine and go to anytime i want. p.s. im a denver native and hillis if you read this we miss you and apologise for our previous coach messing up a promising franchise.

6. Ricko says:

If it were white players talking trash about about a black quarterback, there would be a federal investigation with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton leading the way.

7. I do concur with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They’re very convincing and will absolutely work. Quiescent, the posts are bleeding short for starters. Could you gladden supplement them a mean from next time? Thanks for the purpose the post.