ESPN’s Stuart Scott Battling Cancer Once Again | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

ESPN’s Stuart Scott Battling Cancer Once Again

by Robert Littal | Posted on Saturday, January 29th, 2011

People get on Stu Scott a lot, myself included because some of his material is dated, but make no mistake,  he is a pioneer for African-American journalists, anchors and reporters.

For a long time if you are a black reporter, you had to sound and speak like Dan Rather. even if that wasn’t how you wanted to speak.  Stu made it cool to drop a Wu-Tang reference and speak like you were at the barbershop while talking about sports.

That is something that everyone should give him a “dap” for.

Scott successfully battled cancer in 2007 and now has to battle it again.

ESPN anchor Stuart Scott will undergo chemotherapy and other preventative treatments after doctors recently discovered and removed cancerous tissue.

Scott, who anchors SportsCenter, NBA Countdown, and portions of Monday Night Countdown, will attempt to “maintain as normal a work schedule” as possible while undergoing treatment.

“Once again, I join the fight,” Scott said in an ESPN statement, “and like 3 years ago, I plan to beat this thing.”

Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.  Never heard any speak a bad word about him personally and he is one of the nicest individuals that I have had the pleasure of meeting at ESPN.

1. PhillyHouse says:

How I feel about Stu's schtick is irrelevant. I just hope he beats it, too. My prayers go out to him, as well.

• Kenny says:

I too don`t like him or his "homeboy schtick" but having seen and having a loved one that went through chemo and radiation, I wish him nothing but the best..Good Luck Stu!!

2. Lown says:

I wish him the best

3. Daryl Durant says:

Stew we love you and we will beat this beast. God is not through with you yet nor is he ready for you to come home I love you and I am my brothers keeper.

4. Rick says:

Stu prayers go out to you and your family from your brothers of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity Inc. 1906

5. MCboux says:

You're finished Scott. Make sure to use the other side of the pillow when you take your dirt nap.

6. stephen sophis says:

mr scott is the nicest person –he has attended the jimmy v golf classic many many years—and has help raise millions of dollars for cancer research—god bless him and his family–don-t give up,dont ever give up—my prayers are wth you

7. Chris Black says:

We love you Stu. God bless you and your family.

8. costamjest says:

Wow! Thank you! I continuously needed to write on my blog something like that. Can I implement a portion of your post to my blog?