The Bears Have to Lie About Jay Cutler’s MRI | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

The Bears Have to Lie About Jay Cutler’s MRI

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, January 24th, 2011

I believe in brutal honesty, I think one of the problems in our society is too many people are scared to tell the truth. We have become an overly sensitive, so it is easier to lie than to deal with the consequences.

With that being said regardless of what Jay Cutler’s MRI says the Bears at minimum have to say he has a torn MCL.

The Bears gave up two 1st round drafts picks for Cutler, so regardless of what you think of him he will be the starting quarterback for Chicago for a long time.

If for whatever reason the MRI was to come back as a bruise or just a sprain Cutler will never live down what happened in the NFC Championship game. He teammates who to their credit had has back in the immediate aftermath will never respect or trust him again.

It is one thing to have us in the media be critical of him, but his peers to a man have crushed him for his “no mas” act. The NFL is like a fraternity, they are rarely critical of their own especially in matters dealing with someone’s heart, but their was true venom for Cutler. I honestly can’t recall ever 100% of current and former players not currently on the Bears roster in unison destroying one player for his on the field actions on TV, radio and online.

That is partly due to Cutler’s reputation of being moody and having a piss poor attitude if things aren’t going well for him. I think people would have given him more rope, if after he was hurt he didn’t pout like someone had taken his Barbie and rip the head off.

Even if the MRI truthfully comes back with some damage to his knee, he still has the issue that he didn’t try. He didn’t go out on his shield. There are no guarantees that Cutler will ever have another opportunity to make it to the Super Bowl. The NFL is a gladiator sport, but Cutler is now seen as a court jester.

People will make the argument what would have happened if he made the injury worse?

The problem was that argument is that if he already had torn ligament what more could he has done? When your knee truly explodes on the field you go down like Wes Welker or Carson Palmer. There is no questionable return, you are done and you are done for a long time. We still don’t know what is wrong with Cutler’s knee meaning initially the doctors couldn’t say he had torn anything. If he had torn his ACL they would have known or something extremely serious he doesn’t even take one snap in the second half. You shoot that knee up and you keep playing.

Aaron Rodger a player with two concussions this year gets blasted in the jaw by Julius Peppers and is woozy, but figures out a way to stay on the field. Ben Roethlisberger takes a helmet right to the thigh, was walking worse than Cutler, shakes it off and is running for first downs. Mark Sanchez a California kid playing with a hurt shoulder all playoffs gets destroyed on a blitz is in serious pain, shakes it off and almost leads the Jets to a comeback victory.

All three of those quarterbacks have something that Cutler doesn’t have.

HEART

You don’t leave that game unless you literally can’t walk, point blank period. The MRI may give Cutler a convenient excuse, but it want change the fact that he quit.

He will be forever known as:

TIN MAN CUTLER

1. Roger says:

I posted almost the exact same thing:

I have a hard time believing Cutler has what it takes to be a tough NFL quarterback, now we know why the NFL want to put skirts on these pretty boys, I seen all the other 3 quarterback take lots bigger hits than Cutler, Rodgers was hit hard on the goal line that would of put Cutler in the Hospital, Sanchez about had his arm tore off and he was back in 2 plays later, and how about Big Ben taking a knee to the thigh he never left the game limped around for a half but continued to lead his team, Cutler was playing bad and was looking for an excuse to get out he couldn’t even tell you when it happened, why? cause it didn’t happen! what a Vag!

2. CF98 says:

You seem to forget that Jay Cutler is a diabetic and him getting injured is an entirely different story than anyone else. If not taken care of properly it could lead to even something more severe. I just don't buy he would just quit he wouldn't have gotten this far if he quit and besides when has he ever cared about media perception. This is the guy that got ripped by Rick Reilly for not being media accessible.

And after all this I can see why he wouldn't want to be.

3. Chris says:

More important than Jay not quitting, which was sad to see, it was watching him not interact with his team and pout that turned people against him. Other players would have given anything to be in a position to play one game to make the Super Bowl. For Jay's sake lets say he was injured to the extent he could not play, which I don't believe. Still as the leader of the offense he should have been walking around pumping up his team. Helping the 3rd string guy prepare for the next set of downs. Anything would have been better than sitting by himself hanging his head. I keep hearing about all the talent he has, which may or may not be true, but being a leader is more than just having talent. Jay needed to lift his teammates above their play, help inspire them, remind them anything is possible. He should have lead them toward a victory…something the 3rd string quarterback almost did. That is what I mean when I say he quit, it's not just about the physical. He is soft, he doesn't have a warriors heart or at least he doesn't show it. I've seen guys play with all sorts of injuries, to win the local house league game. They get no money, just the pride of giving all they had for their team. Something Mr. Cutler could learn. I can't say what's in Mr. Culter's heart, all I can do is comment on what he shows the world. Yesterday he showed the world how a spoilt child behaves when things don't go their way. I'm sure he is better than that but unless he shows it to others no one will ever know.

4. Thomas K says:

Yall not realizing that a qb needs to plat his feet to throw if he had a bad knee that means he cant throw an accurate ball its bad enough that he throws alot pics healthy what would him being out there with a bad knee with a bad o line make any difference he shouldnt risk his career over one game even if it is the nfc championship game many ppl didint think joe montana was gonna win any super bowls and he won four nobod thought john elway was gonna win one and he did too so lets just back off calling him a quitter and take ot for what it is…P.S. and if anybody thinks Caleb should be the starter next year #KILLYOSELF

5. Jack says:

You forgot to mention that Cutler was the most sacked quarterback in the NFL this year. He came back time and time again. Did he quit then? He could have with a terrible offensive line and equally bad receivers.

Cutler is a diabetic which means they have to be careful with him when he is given pain killers. He was hurt plain a simple. He tried to come back and then was shut down by the medical staff.

6. An all around well thought out post!!

7. Hello My name is Diana, I’m french and I work in the city of Lille for Cie Rencontre. I like your point of view, your blog is really great. That’s sad for me cause I don’t speak so much english (I’m french) and so I could not explain very good my opinion. Anyway continue your very important job.Regards

8. egvllhoyros says:

Effectively… for being totally sincere, My spouse and i had not been seeking to learn this kind of details in error, since I did so, because I simply found your post although I became the truth is running a investigation inside Yahoo, looking to find something similar however, not very the same… On the other hand right now I’m greater than happy you just read the idea and also I would like to bring that your standpoint is very exciting though a new trifle debatable for the known… I’d personally instead state it’s up to available discussion… nevertheless I am just afraid to help you an enemy, haya, ha, ha… Nonetheless, in case you want to dicuss more about this, please react to my own opinion and also I will be sure to register in order that I’ll be notified and also come back to put additional… Your brand-new buddies