White Sox’s Mark Buehrle on Michael Vick: “I Hoped He Got Hurt” | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

White Sox’s Mark Buehrle on Michael Vick: “I Hoped He Got Hurt”

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

*Wait*

*What*

There are players in all sports that I don’t care for, various reasons why, but I have never wished injury on anyone. To me that is the true definition of a “hater”, because that is personal.

If you don’t like someone or disagree with things they have done in the past, that is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you drop quotes like this by White Sox’s pitcher Mark Buehrle, there is something else bubbly beneath the surface.

“He had a great year and a great comeback, but there were times where we watched the game and I know it’s bad to say, but there were times where we hope he gets hurt. Everything you’ve done to these dogs, something bad needs to happen to these guys.”

I guess going to jail for two years, losing millions of dollars, tarnishing his legacy, being kicked out of the NFL and being vilified wasn’t enough punishment for Buehrle.

He wants him to break his leg or something because that would make Buehrle feel better. In my mind makes him no better than Vick.

Vick engaged in dog fighting and Buehrle is praying for someone to get hurt.

By the way if you have to qualify your statement with “I know this sounds bad”, you probably shouldn’t say the next thing you are thinking.

1. LB says:

Guess the fact that Vick served time in jail, lost millions, etc… is not enough….he needs to get hurt real bad as justice for his wrong doings…..I guess some people will never let it go…just want to hate til the end…

• TOO REAL says:

IT NOT HATE. IT'S RIGHT AND WRONG OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BELIEVE IN THE OLD MIGHTY DOLLAR. WELL PLEX HURT NO ONE (NOT EVEN A DOG) BUT IS BEING PUNISHED MORE SEVERLY BECAUSE HE HURT A HUMAN (HIMSELF)AND IS HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING BACK INTO THE GAME BUT JUST BECAUSE VICK KILLED NOT ONE BUT MANY "JUST DOGS" FOR HIS OWN SICK ENJOYMENT OF GAMBLING, I GUESS IT'S ALRIGHT. THERE IS ONLY TWO THINGS I CAN SAY AND THAT IS I HOPE THAT NONE OF YOU PEOPLE HAVE PETS AND KIDS BECAUSE, IF YOU DO, JUST REMEMBER THIS IF SOMEONE KILLS YOUR CHILD PET. AND TWO REGARDLESS HE BROKE A COMMANDMENT AND IT WILL BE THOSE SAME DOGS THAT HE WILL HAVE TO FACE ON JUDGMENT DAY. THIS IS PARTIALLY WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOCIETY TODAY.

• LB says:

Ok what part of "HE WENT TO JAIL AND SERVED HIS TIME" don't you understand….you talk like you're a saint…yeah right…ALL have sinned….remember that…

2. Sam says:

I don't want to make it a race thing, but white men always seem to have some hate for black men, especially famous and wealthy black men. I don't know if it is jealousy or just flat out hate.

• TOO REAL says:

LIKE THE MAN SAID IF YOU MUST START A STATMENT WITH "I DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT A RACE THING" THEN DON'T. EVERYTHING IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE THERE IS GREY. I PRAY YOU ARE NOT A TEACHER.

3. KCS says:

Watch out this year Buehrle,karma is a b***h!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TOO REAL says:

AND I'M WAITING FOR MICHAEL TO GET HIS.

• KCS says:

Wait on!!! You're the same nut that stated that Vick will have to face the dogs that were killed on judgment day, where is that in the Bible. The man did his jail time let it go already!!! Besides how do you know what he'll face when that time comes, the bible I read says the God is forgiving and everyone should strive to be Christ like. Is that what you're doing? If you wanna quote the bible make sure you believe what it says>

4. Martin says:

Funny thing is he probably goes to a deer lease every season and brings back the heads of many animals who were at some point living just like the dogs that Vick executed…Hypocrisy.

5. PhillyHouse says:

I'm sorry to hear this because I'm a fan of Mark Buerhle. Nevertheless, he's obviously way off base here.

I really didn't know there were so many white people that equated dogs to humans. It seems that many of them won't let this go. Yet other athletes have done far worse things like hit their wives, and very little backlash occurs.

• TOO REAL says:

THE COMMANDMENT DOESN'T SAY THOU SHALL NOT KILL HUMANS IT SAYS THOU SHALL NOT KILL.

• Whiteguyinablackworld says:

Who brings race into it? No one says its ok to hit their wives. Vick successfully completed the first step in being a serial killer. You sir are way off base here.

6. TOO REAL says:

EVEN THOUGH THEY WALK ON FOUR LEGS, THEY HAVE MORE SENSE AND COMPASSION THEN MOST HUMANS. ESPECIALLY MOST OF THE "HUMANS" ON THIS SITE.

7. A.C says:

Although cruel, this is the white man's world and Vick (and everyone else) has to put up with comments like these. Wasn't there an NBC anchor that said Vick should be executed?

8. Sam says:

White people let it go,,,you are the same ones who go hunting and shoot deer and everything else. Why don't you say anything when nut jobs like Sarah Palin hunt and kill animals on tv….GTFOH

9. Lown says:

Does he feel the same about Rapistburger?

10. Whiteguyinablackworl says:

You guys make me sick. This isn't a race thing. It's a serial killer in training thing. Oh and I'm sure he is so hurt about his tarnished career considering he's about to be made the franchise player, got an award and the key to the city. Yeah, he's struggling. 2 years in prison equals a pass to be a pampered millionaire again? Don't think so. Let's bring hitler back and give him a pardon. How about Manson, does he get a pass? The only reason it stopped is that he got caught. And Sam, Hunting? Seriously? You are comparing bashing dogs against walls, drowning and electrocuting a pet to hunting? You guys make me sick, seriously. Oh and Lown, Rapistburger was never charged. Criminal charges were never made. A slut wears a shirt that says down to f*ck and then cries rape? Give me a break.

• Martin says:

You are just ranting. Accept the fact that many of the comments that were made in opposition to Michael Vick is due to the expectation that he was supposed to succumb to a mold of the rich minority you and yours designed…."Stay in your place with a smile on your face"… And who ever that is stop typing in all caps you're not that important! They were dogs..dogs…man! Not humans!!! Don't sensationalize.