Shannon Brown Slept with Silvia Lopez Castro Pau Gasol Girlfriend | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

BSO’s Resident NBA Expert EXCLUSIVE – The Truth Behind Pau Gasol Drama

by BSO Staff | Posted on Friday, May 13th, 2011

Ever since the Lakers were shockingly swept out of the playoffs by the Dallas Mavericks, people have been wondering what exactly happened to rattle this team so badly. It’s not often that you see a defending champion go out in such stunning fashion, and many believe that there had to be something going on in the locker room that was causing the Laker players to lose focus on their goal.

Laker center Andrew Bynum pretty much told us what we knew all along when he said the Lakers had “trust issues” after a Game 2 home loss saw Los Angeles heading to Dallas down 0-2.

The main target of the speculation was Lakers All-Star Pau Gasol, one of the premier bigs in the NBA who never did show up during these playoffs. Gasol’s numbers dipped dramatically amid speculation that he had a confrontation with an unnamed teammate who’s wife had broken up Gasol’s engagement to Silvia Lopez Castro.

Of course, any time you hear “Lakers” and “internal strife” the first person that comes to mind is Kobe Bryant. While he may be an assassin on the court, Kobe isn’t necessarily the most street smart player in the league, and has been known to break a “Man Law” on occasion. So naturally, many have assumed that Kobe told his wife Pau had a girl on the side and Vanessa Bryant caused the rift by telling Ms. Castro, thus leading to her breaking off their engagement and Pau playing softer than cotton candy.

If you are one who believes that story then congratulations you are wrong! Well, sort of.  After speaking to sources very close to multiple NBA locker rooms and specifically the Lakers locker room, here is the worldwide exclusive of what really happened, remember where you heard it first!

The Gasol-Castro relationship is definitely on the rocks as their engagement has been put off for now, and it definitely played into the surprising decline in numbers and confidence that we saw from Pau throughout the playoffs.

However, surprisingly it isn’t Kobe and Vanessa who are behind the rift, although they do have a part in it. In fact it is a bench player for the Lakers who may have cost the team a chance at a three-peat.

The word I’m getting is that Shannon Brown, yes the same Shannon Brown who is married R&B singer Monica, slept with Castro during the season, and the affair was discovered by Gasol towards the end of the regular season.

silvia-castro-5

Picture 4 of 5

The confrontation we’ve been hearing about did indeed take place, but it was between Gasol and Brown, who nearly came to blows in the locker room and caused a rift that the Lakers were never able to recover from.

The word is that Mrs. Bryant and Ms. Castro engaged in a bit of a cat fight, that ultimately led to Castro saying that Vanessa sleeps around, and Mrs. Bryant basically announcing to anyone who would listen that Castro is really the one sleeping around, specifically with Brown.

That’s right Laker fans, the reason your team is home right now instead of heading towards a Finals series with Lebron and Co. could very well be Shannon Brown.

While many may believe this to be nothing more than gossip, remember where you heard it first when Brown is traded or let go during the off-season.

1. Wanna know what really happened with Pau Gasol and the Lakers? Read the exclusive truth on @BlkSportsOnline http://bit.ly/kxXo14

2. Mai says:

I knew it that freakin “SHANNON BROWN” I knew he was messy mofo. I hope they get rid of him and now dumbazz Monica is stuck with that a**hole.

• Lkrfn says:

You didn’t KNOW anything!Don’t get caught up in this Housewives of Laker nonsense. If you didn’t hear it with your ears, or see it with your eyes, you don’t KNOW it!

3. @RichardLowe says:

@therealLJG RT @BlkSportsOnline: BSO Post: Shannon Brown Slept with Silvia Lopez Castro Pau Gasol ‘s Girlfriend? http://bit.ly/mpi1MP

4. Phyllis0615 says:

Yall are MESSY. It is going to be a story about EVERYONE on this team before its over. First it was Kobe and his wife, THEN it was Steve Blake’s wife that told, now its Shannon….I actually heard this on twitter (yes imagine a twitter rumor) 2 days ago and the guy who said it was like…JUST KIDDING. The point was to show how it could be anyone. Next we will hear that it is Luke Wilson. And actually Pau and his girl are STILL together.

• Unnamed sources are unnamed for a reason, but I guarantee you neither Twitter nor Shannon Brown’s baby mama had anything to do with the article or my source. Not trying to put out stories about everyone on the Laker squad, this is the first one I’ve posted on the topic because of the info I was given.

• Phyllis0615 says:

I was a journalism major, so I know what unnamed sources mean. However, I you are reaching on this one. Newsflash: sometimes your sources have something to gain fabrications as well. SERIOUSLY doubt this at all. However, from the horses mouth, Pau said it had NOTHING to do with his girl and NOTHING with his teammates.

• I agree, obviously there are people floating things out there for personal gain. But in this instance, that isn’t the case. And I seriously doubt Pau would publicly come out and say that it had something to do with teammates or his fiancee so he will say it didn’t no matter what the truth is.

• Keisha says:

This just does not pass the smell test at all…very “hearsay” reporting. Furthermore, it sounds like gossip on the school yard…even with your “sources.” Harps back to when people starting saying Kobe got served child support papers in Orlando this year.

• Key says:

When a lot of this was “supposed” to be going on Pau’s girl was traveling…and not in LA, more so out of the country at times.

• There are no specific dates cited so I don’t know how you came to that conclusion. It happened during the regular season and was discovered towards the end of the season right before the playoffs.

• Shawn says:

I’d have to call bullshit on this whole article. Also, I don’t expect anyone with journalistic credibility to be defending the article in the comments section. If you wrote it, stick by it. Defending yourself here seems to speak more to the BS of the whole thing. I’m not saying people didn’t tell you this…I’m just saying they fed you a story.

5. Phyllis0615 says:

Also, are you sure its not his baby mama starting rumors. She is QUEEN on “calling bloggers” with this stuff and/or planting it like it is a true story.

6. Jamar says:

What do you expect…Brown is a dirty jew afterall.

7. CF98 says:

LOL!

Just

LOL! If anyone buys this we’ll find out soon enough

• Key says:

If anyone buy this…they are just as silly as the ones who believed Melo and the illegimate child, the lady putting the book out about them, Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union alligations. etc. Give it up.

8. Maria says:

This is PURE comedy! LOL. No one cheated with anyone. EVERYONE on this squad will have their name thrown into something before it is over…newsflash: maybe Gasol just played sucky. Furthermore, he SAID himself that it had nothing to do with anyone on the team and him and his girl are still together. Also, you are becoming the Mediatakeout of sports news. Do better.

9. Phyllis0615 says:

Oh and the reason the baby mama was brought up is because shehas been known to give her “stories” to “NBA sources” she was a crafty groupie. And no “source” is going to tell you she got this news from a disgruntled baby mama. She is no stranger to this stuff…even her friends put a warning to bloggers like yourself.

• I agree, and I’ve heard stories about his crazy baby mama. But my source got the news directly from inside the locker room from people who witnessed it. Again, your choice to believe or not, and for the record I’m a die-hard Laker fan not just a hater trying to tear em down haha

• Phyllis0615 says:

Your people who “witnessed it.” I want to believe your are some “real reporter” but I see that is not the case. In this day and age where racy stories prove more exciting than the truth..where in this case is…the Lakers did not shop up at all..some more than others, people chose to go with something they will believe will sell and be more appealing. Hell maybe Pau’s girl and him where having issues and we do not even know what they are. At the end of the day, your source in the locker room witness or not, does not prove much to most people who have sense. Furthermore, ALL the teammates have said it had nothing to do with them and their personal lives. Bynum even said this that they all love each other…it was mis-communications on the court.

10. YO YO says:

It is sad that this is suppose to be a sports blog because you are worse then Mediatakeout. Stop making up story about the reasons the Lakers lost. It simple their defense was crappy, no one included Kobe was consistent in any of the games. Stop spreading vicious rumors about Shannon Brown, Kobe & Vanessa Bryant, and Pau Gasol.

• Amanda says:

Exactly! My comments in a nutshell. Stop talking about your sources…and locker room stories. Your sources no matter how “trusted” are making this up and your are simply spreading vicious lies about people and their families and loved ones. Truth: the Lakers lost..spotty shooting, weak defense etc. Stop hunting around for some “juicy” way to get your name in the headlines. You have truly become the mediatakeout of sports, and they say they have unnamed sources close to the situation as well, who are telling the truth. *blankstare*

• Shawn says:

I’m going to have to agree with these people. Really seems like someone woke up and made this all up. I’d hardly consider this blog a news source and by hardly I mean “I wouldn’t because its not.” Irresponsible journalism but I cringe and referring to any of this as journalism.

11. Mike says:

Um…Pau and Shannon were seen talking to each during the playoffs on the court and courtside during the playoffs- in a friendly manner. The one person I saw him sit next too and not talk to on the court and off was Kobe.

This is the dumbest article I have read in a while. Congrats on your Friday fame.

12. Larry says:

Dumbest thing I have read all day! I do not care who your “sources” are dude, but this is stupid.

Sounding VERY baby mama-ish though. *shrugs*

13. shannon brown says:

wow this is the worst article ever! you’re becoming worst than TMZ for that matter…you said you are a lakers fan. Just admit that they lost due to their crappy defense and offense down the stretch. They didn’t even play one good 4th quarter and lakers are known for their second half game but in this series there were blown out in the second half.
    all im saying is they lost get over it. STOP making up stories about bla cheating on bla bla they lost it on the court!

14. Ok Laker fans. I accept blame It was actually me…. just kidding. “It wasn’t me.” SHAGGY!

• Larry says:

LOL. Your comment solidify why this is the DUMBEST story ever. Next week or by the end of the weekend it will be someone else. This MTO of Sports…congrats! Also, I guess your last previous 2 stories about why Pau didnt play well did not catch enough traction. SMH.

15. Miller says:

You talk about breaking “man law” and you broke man law by gossiping. I’m appalled that this site is run by a man.

• Steve says:

I agree. Really disgusting and sad. Pure gossip even AFTER the fact PAU said its false and his play had nothing to do with his girl. Smh.

• Lkrfn says:

I am surprised also that you find such joy in such a story, and you are a man; talk about gossiping. Knock it off, or is this a gossip column?

16. Shawn says:

“Remember where you heard it first!” hahaha okay…I will so I will know to never come back to your site again.

17. Keith says:

You might “trust” your sources…but they are lying. Shocking huh. People love to start ish for thier own value. Once again from the horse’s mouth…Pau said his play had nothing to do with his girl..who he is still with. There were pics of them out with his family about a week or so ago.

18. Kevin says:

Next week who’s name will you all throw in Khloe, Lamar, Andrew? SO far in 5 days we have had lies that involve Kobe, Vanessa, Shannon, and Steve Blake’s wife. Smh

19. Ivory T says:

Whoa what is so hard about this story to believe this happens everyday all day with folks especially woman. Vanessa who we know is messy gets in a catfight with Pau’s girlfriend Silvia, the girlfriend while fighting with Vanessa says she is a heauxx that sleeps around Vanessa fires back that Silvia has no room to talk cause word on the street is she was/is sleeping with Shannon Brown. Pau hears this whether its true are not they start to fight and break up. Based off this series of events Pau is mad at Kobe still cause his wife messed up his happy home.
    I so believe that this can /or could have happened especially since Vanessa is looking to get her own reality show, so if cameras are around, for any reason this is the perfect type of drama to capture and put on a show. The only person who really comes out winning is Vanessa cause she is creating drama that folks will tune into watch and talk about it just like yall are all doing now.
    True or not I’ll talk about this on my radio show. The Daily Brunch ( you can listen M-W-F 10am-12pm cst at http://www.1stamendmentradio.com/home you can call into if you want to voice your opinion either way 214-227-9920)and when I do discuss this folks will listen cause this is the stuff they like.

• CF98 says:

This comes out now but not when Kobe/Vanessa were blamed when this originally came out?

And do you really think Vanessa is going to get a reality show? Please.

Kobe would never agree to such a thing and she’s not interesting enough to warrant one.

Plus Pau and his GF are still together and even if it is true the Lakers got swept because they were outcoached and outplayed.

• Tori says:

Exactly. Its been all about Kobe and Vanessa. With the mention of Steve Blake’s wife as well. smh. Like someone else said..who is next?

Additionally Pau and his girl are still together and he said in his exit interview all the rumors about his girl are false and are really hurting to him and his family. Furthermore, Andrew said no issues were personal, they all love each other and are together off the court.

People to let it go…Lakers are not longer in the playoffs because of poor play. Sorry dude your sources got some BAD info…juicy enough for you to want to print, but false.

• kp says:

Outcoached? Naaaaah!

20. martin a says:

This is the problem with the web, u can make up any story, not have it confirmed, and it becomes real news if someone repeats it. The Lakers lost because Kobe did play basketball at a high level like has before in closing games.

• Eric Kingston says:

This story and this entire site has turned into BS. I actually made a comment to Robert Littal about the gossipy nature of this site. It’s getting to the point that any of these writers can publish the most ridiculous mess under the guise that it’s a rumor and not be held accountable for their unsubstantiated reports.

I don’t know why the author of this story chose to take the angel that he did, but it was painful to read. It was like a bad episode of the old show Girlfriends. I guess I’m part of the problem since I continue to read these ridiculous articles and give this site the hits it needs to gain advertising.

21. mp says:

When or if Shannon Brown leaves its because he’s a free agent with his player option to opt out.

22. Staiby says:

Why does it have to be Shannon, or a laker at all? I don’t really believe any of this crap, but who’s to say she didn’t cheat with just a regular Joe shmo. I know…. Fabricate a story, throw innocent people under the bus, and get some shine. Come on bro.
    P.s. Did anyone notice when dude called him out for responding, he stopped????

23. Steve Nash says:

Why is the story so hard to believe. Look what happened to me with my ex and j-rich.

24. Carl says:

Wow! Looks like this story really backfired. Of course the fact that we all read it in the first place shows that the headline caught our attention and brought us to the page. Sponsors are happy and dudes can pay their bills. Who cares if the only thing sacrificed was a little journalistic integrity and responsibility? Then again, let’s say for argument sake that this story ends up being true. Then dude will seem like a maverick (no pun intended) journalist who bravely broke this story amidst scorn and ridicule. However, if it ends up being a load of horse manure…well let’s just say I won’t “remember” where I heard it, and I won’t he back. Good luck w/ the smut dudes!

• Tori says:

Yup smut site and smut story. I hope you got whatever satisfication you wanted…I wonder with lie gave you more hits…this one or the one you made up about Kobe and Vanessa or the one about Steve Blake’s wife being involved as well. smh. Mess!

25. lea says:

get ready to be sued idiot !

26. bc-tw says:

Rewind to last year around this time when rumor had it Delonte West was banging Bron Bron’s momma. Not one single so-called reputable news organization would report it. It was only news sites like this one that talked about it. And this case is nothing different. Hell, we all heard and believed that Gasol’s fiancee dumped him and broke his heart, we just didn’t know the specifics. Now we do. And it makes perfect sense. Especially when Monica files for divorce before July hits. Then we will know for sure that this story is accurate. ESPN may never report on this information but that doesn’t mean it’s not true.

27. Belal says:

First, for those who read the article thank you, regardless of if you enjoyed or despised it. I aldo appreciate all the comments, criticism or not. I still stand by the article and the people who told me the information. If it turns out this is not true then I will be the first to apologize and retract it.

For the record, this is the first article like this that I have written. I was given information from people I trust and felt it was something to be reported with all the stories being told and questions veing asked about the situation. As a Laker fan I would want to know what was going on with my team and if someone knew I would want to know, especially if locker room tension cost my team a threepeat. Because of this Ifelt compelled to report what I heard. I have not written one article about this before the above article. Contrary to those saying I’m just looking for attention and blamed Kobe, his wife and Steve Blakes wife last week, the fact is I have not written anything about them.

I apologize if anyone was offended by this article, but it is after all sports and something that people want to read. Whether or not you believe it is of course your choice.

• Chris says:

Get ready to be sued! Trust that. Smh.

• Adamn says:

You stated if it is proven to be untrue retract it…well start writing. Combine Pau’s statment, Shannon’s statement and just the common sense element of it, everyone knows that this is ful on trash that you have decided to push.

Also stating that you never meant to hurt anyone…that is bull. Complete bull. Do you know people were tweeting his wife and 16 year old brother about this? Do you know radio stations in his hometown started reporting on it? But after his statement they were got all the validation they needed that it wasnt true. Do you know Pau has said repeadtly that the whole thing starting with Kobe has not only hurtful to him and his girl (who are still together) because people like you continue to report lies as if they were fact.Or the fact when Steve Blake’s wife name got thrown into it, she basically stopped tweeting and cut off communication?

Your “source” although you may trust them …they fed you fasle information. I do not care how “inside” they are…NEWSFLASH people lie because they enjoy all this mess you see now. They sold you up a river…so pick up your face and start writing your retraction.

• Shawn says:

I agree, start writing that apology. I want to see a retraction! How do you feel knowing that this story backfired as bad as it has?!?!?! Irresponsible journalism is not acceptable. I guess we can all point to the the fact we are obviously not reading a reputable site in the first place. Either way, if you have any integrity you will retract this story and apologize.

28. CF98 says:

[QUOTE]
    @ShannonBrown
    Shannon Brown
    Ok let me put a end to this right now before it goes any further. I DID NOT SLEEP WITH @paugasol woman!!! First and last time addressing it![/QUOTE]

29. Brandan says:

Start the retraction story dude. Seriously, you, your source and this site should all be ashamed. Get to writing…you will actually gain respect from doing so.

30. Lisa says:

So the new rumor I heard today is that it was actually Andrew Bynum…this person, who lives in LA said it def was not Shannon and his name should have never been brought up and they said from a trusted source it was Bynum…so are we supposed to believe that as well?!

Fair warning, people do not play when it comes to their families and smut like this…do not care if you “believe” your sources were trusted and claimed to have “true” info (people have alterior motives!)…they sold you trash and lies and you fell for it.

Lawsuit or retraction….pick one. smh.

31. ShutUp says:

Wooow. What is with the threats?? Why is everyone acting like 1)Shannon’s a saint 2) Where’s your proof the story’s not true- and to the pt. where you’re attacking the messenger? What is really wrong with you ppl? You don’t believe it; Fine, move on. But to act like it is an outright lie & the author needs to retract his story is simply STUPID! And just because Pau denies, oh, that really makes it a lie. Give me a Break! Would a man’s pride allow him to admit a double-defeat to millions of ppl. Please men don’t want to admit defeat in front of his family-forget the Public. Get your heads out the clouds! Steve Nash anyone…Shaq & Gloria…
    Quit acting stupid ppl.

• Larry says:

LOL. No one is acting stupid…just using common sense. No one is giving threats towards anyone, but when you continue to perpetuate rumors that started a week ago to obviously get hit to your website that is sick. Shannon’s wife, younger brother and family members were being attacked relentlessly because of this crazy mess.

Lastly, can people get off it and just realize that the Lakers lost people they were not playing well. Not just Pau, the whole team..come on. I know it is not as juicy as trying to involve players and their wives, but people need to get a grip.

32. Cristal says:

This is the MediaTakeOut of sports. When you write trash (and do not give me that line about “trusted sources” because that site says that as well) you have to be ready for people to call you on your bull. This is as bad as the rumor that Melo REALLY wanted to go to NY because he has a second family there.

All reputable publications are not reporting on it and KNOW its false. Shannon made his statement, Kobe did and so did Pau (more than once). Let it go people…Lakers lost and making up lies will not bring a championship back this year LOL.

Oh and the rumor now is that it was Bynum? That is the truth too?!

33. Shawn says:

I really want to see if this guy is going to retract this story or not.

• Cristal says:

So do I. I do not think he expected Shannon to call BS on the story and defend himself and/or other trusted sports blogs to call BS on the whole story and the Lakers fiasco to begin with.

A simple “we retract the statements made in this story. They were not true and we apologize for hurting anyone and/or their families in the process. I apologize.” would be suffice.

To be honest, I do not blame him 100% his “source” fed him lies and instead of just saying alright and leaving it where it was he wanted to “find out why the Lakers lost”….they played a better team, they can not win every year…and this is coming from a Lakers fan!

34. An update on this article can be found here:

35. Ron Paul is still a VERY fringe candidate and although he has a number of mildly beneficial rants on occasion, he will NEVER break through. He would probably make a far better conservative democrat.

36. Leigh Noa says:

tore erectile power to your organ and make particular fast and very long expression erection function. Regrettably following a sele http://www.1800anytyme.com/blog/preventing-drain-clogs/818/comment-page-1/#comment-6454 ,cted age hundreds of guys all-around the world discover it particularly tricky to generate adequate