Allison Mathis Won't Let Chris Bosh's Daughter go to Finals | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Allison Mathis Refuses to Allow Chris Bosh’s Daughter to Go to Finals Game

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, June 8th, 2011

allison-mathis-3

Picture 2 of 4

Stereotypes are bad.

The one thing you don’t want to do is to perpetuate the stereotype. There is a stereotype that black women can be bitter and vindictive.

It is one unfortunately that follows all black women even if it isn’t deserved, but when you read stories like this, it  isn’t going to help that perception.

JocksandStilettoJill.com has the details.

Chris Bosh and his ex-girlfriend Allison Mathis are still battling each other in court over custody of two year old daughter, Trinity. Currently there is a temporary order in place where the two share custody.

With the Miami Heat in the NBA finals, Bosh of course would like his daughter there to share the experience with him. AT the moment, Trinity is in the custody of Allison and she refuses to allow her daughter to attend the games. Bosh has filed an emergency motion with the court.

TMZ, has also obtained an e-mail that was submitted with the court documents where late last month, Chris pleads with Allison to allow his daughter to watch him play and to see if they could reach a resolution without involving the courts. Check out excerpts from that e-mail.

“I am embarking on a new chapter of my life by making it into the finals for the first time in my professional career and it’s very important to me to have the people closest and dear to my heart to be able to share these moments with me.””If we can make this happen please respond asap and I will set up the arrangements for pick up/drop off without you even having to lift a finger.”

Mathis should be ashamed of herself, you never use a child as a pawn. Just because you are salty that Bosh has moved on and has a new lady, you never put your child in the middle of that.

If Mathis concentrated more on being a parent than getting on Basketball Wives, Bosh wouldn’t have to beg her to see his daughter.

Mathis is a pathetic individual and in a society where men are continuously dogged for not being father to their children, hopefully you see that there are some who are trying, but has to deal with women who make it difficult for them.

The good news for Bosh his schedule to see his daughter before Game 6 of the Finals, so she can see her dad play. I hope the Judge takes all this into consideration in their custody hearing.

You read this letter from Chris Bosh and tell me that Allison Mathis isn’t a vindictive bitter woman.

1. Did I miss something? The child is two years old, right? What the heck is this little girl gonna remember about her Dad being in the NBA Finals at two years of age?

I forgot The Predator used to date this girl with the eight-head. Wasn’t she poppin off at the mouth at LeBron during a Raptors game a few seasons ago? I guess that’s all water under the bridge now, huh, Chris?

I’m just sayin…

• Do you have children? If you don’t you wouldn’t understand.

• Britt says:

Just because you have kids doesnt mean “you should come see daddy play”.

If it was me I would let my daughter go because I wouldnt want to answer to that later.. (Why didnt you let me see daddy play) …BUT my problem is with the way ur trying to make her seem like she’s a bitter, evil monster. You dont know whats going on between them . You dont know all the factors. Your commentary was extremely one sided. Then again you’re a father and ur seeing it as a father.

Calling her evil and bitter is a bit much

• That is my opinion of the situation that she is being evil and using her child as pawn, I am not backing down from those statements, if Miss Mathis would like to address them i am not hard to find.

• Napoleon rodgers says:

Britt, you’re a moron…The finals are stretched over WEEKS…She can’t have had something else to do….There is no reason whatsoever that she shouldn’t be allowed unless she’s in the hospital….Period…

• Ariesmom says:

I agree with you. And beside its easy to say that the Mother is being wrong, nobody knows if that email was even send. Beside the daughter is only 2 yrs old Please she should be sleep.

2. Britt says:

You dont know whats going on and her reasons for not letting her daughter go. Dont rush to judgement and judge her and her decisions. It could be some other stuff that we dont know about. How about she has things planned with her daughter that she wanted to do. You cant expect to jump up and say “hey i want my daughter cuz its the finals” and get it. It doesnt go that way/

And your playing into the stereotype of a typical black man. How do you know she’s bitter that he’s moved on? You dont know that. Not every woman gets bitter because their ex moved on. Bosh didnt want her on BBW so what does that make him? Does that make him bitter? NO

And so what she wanted to be on Basketball wives,thats her life. Dont be so judgmental!

3. ATL says:

He has treated Maths like SHIT for three years, dragging her to court, leaving her destitute and then marrying another woman when the child was barely two. He does not want to be a father, he wants to be on camera and build his “good dad” image, when he is a complete piece of SHIT. But, we all know how much Robert Littal hates black women, unless they are a Kardashian who he continually praises on a BLACK SPORTS SITE. Laughable. Get your facts right ROBERT and investigate the story before you post your pathetic tabloid journalism stories. Any chance you get to slam ANY black women on this site.you jump on it like a rabid dog, what is wrong with you?? “She mad and bitter because he moved on and married someone else”, wow, how deep and well-thought out!!!! Pathetic

4. kim says:

You are so full of you know what. I am a parent of four. Married and divorced. You assign her some sort of label based on not letting the kid, who is 2, come to the game. Did she even say “no”? Why is this being played out in the media. Get a effing life!

5. What does her being black have anything to do with this situation? How can you carry race into this? This happens when people breakup not just black people. Have you ever heard of Alec Baldwin, Charlie Sheen or Kelsey Grammer. Ididn’t hear anyoone say the women were being bitter because they were white. I’m very disappointed in you. You could have reported the story and left the “Bitter Black Women Sterotype” out of it. He was going to get her before the playoffs we’re over anyway.
    STOP DOWNING BLACK WOMEN AS A WHOLE!!!!!!!

6. Quinton says:

Wow Rob, I’m very disappointed in your stero type of Bosh’s ex. That could have been completely left out of the story.Completly agree with above commenter about Kim Basinger, Camille Grammer etc. I’m a divorced father of a beautiful black daughter now engaged to a white female. My daughters mother has been nothing but kind, and supportive. I’m sure you have alienated a few of your readers but you probably dont care either. SMH!!

• Not my job to care, my job to write about the situation. If you don’t agree that is perfectly fine, I have no issues with that.

• ATL says:

Your JOB is to at least get half the facts right before you hit the keyboard, you fake wannabe tabloid writer. Do your damn RESEARCH, IDIOT, even the National Enquirer does that!!! Your just using your site as a conduit to bash black women. pathetic!!!!

7. conscious30 says:

Robert, you are a serious hypocrite. First of all, as a black woman it is not my job to dispell ignorant stereotypes people have of black women. How about being more open minded and being conscious of the FACT that your bad experience does NOT represent all black women. Second, I can’t stand black men who find any excuse to dehumanize black women. Please! You sound extremely ignorant and salty in your accusations toward a woman you don’t even know. “Smarten up Nas”

And I won’t be supporting you anymore, I could have read ESPN if I wanted to see this type of ignorance

8. Kissy Denise says:

Wow. You went really hard on Allison. I agree it is wrong of her to not let chris see their daughter.

9. Ally says:

Wow…I’ve really tried to be supportive of your site because all I read about is how black people are left out of the media, but you really seem to be just as angry and bitter as some of the women that you say possess these traits. I’ve read many of your “articles” at the recommendation of a friend, but I do have to agree with the other commenters: you do seem to despise black women. I just find it odd that you generalize the only group that will embrace you when you guys complain about how society has it in for you. Oh, well – it just goes to show that anyone can definitely WRITE what that want, but that does not make that person a journalist…

10. Anye says:

I think all uall who are scorning Rob didnt read the whole article. IF you read the beginning, he said the sterotype is sometimes undeserved. I dont know what the woman is going through but Chris seemed really polite in asking her for the permission. It’s not just her child but Chris’s too. She hasn;t responded and if i was Chris I would be very disheartened.

11. LB says:

Wow..talk about opening a can of worms…lol Nice to see a lot of responses….at least people are reading….

12. Skeptical at Best says:

I thought this was pretty harsh for having only one side of the story presented. You always seem you reserve judgement when certain circumstances are involved (i.e. athlete accused of sexual assault or something along those lines). But you totally went in on her as if you are an eyewitness to what goes on between them. When you insert your personal opinion before all facts are known you usually preface it with, “If that’s true then…..” For some reason you didn’t do it here. You may even be right about her using her child as a pawn. It’s not like it’s completely unheard of in the history of child custody, but it was extremely harsh without knowing all the facts.

Just to add something else, maybe a little too deep and completely off base since I don’t have kids yet. You have a popular website. Imagine if someone with an equally popular website wrote something just as scathing about the mother of your child. Not so much how you would feel about it, but how your child would feel if she read it.

13. harryo says:

When did TMZ become a reliable source. It’s a gossip rag and the fact that you and your columnists drink it like kool-ade just shows that people don’t think for themselves anymore. All of you people out there demonizing this woman, have you ever heard her side of the story? I don’t see her running to the media to try and get some sympathy. Stop sniffing these damn ballplayers jocks. I “heard” he was paying this woman just a couple of grand a month for child support and he makes 17 million a year. Stop speaking on things you know nothing about, sound like a bunch of haters.

14. Fantastic website, want to start a hyperlink swap? ?

15. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you’ve put in writing this website. I’m hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own web site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings fast. Your write up is a good example of it.