Mike Ditka Would Spit on Jeff Pearlman for Walter Payton Book | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Mike Ditka Says He Would Spit on Jeff Pearlman Over Walter Payton Book

by Robert Littal | Posted on Thursday, September 29th, 2011

I understand why people in Chicago are salty.

Walter Payton is held to an extremely high standard and no one likes to see their heroes exposed especially when they can’t their defend themselves because they passed away young.

With that being said, I think people should hold their fury until they actually read the book.  I think Mike Ditka crossed the line with these comments.

Former Bears Coach Mike Ditka left no doubt about how he’d treat the writer of a new tell-all book about the secret life of Walter Payton.

“I’d spit on him,” the coach said in an exlcusive interview with NBCChicago. “I have no respect for him.”

The book, The Hero No One Knew, posits the ida that Payton took drugs, had extramarital affairs and often contemplated suicide.

“Pathetic. Dispicible. It serves no purpose,” Ditka said.

If you say you going to spit on someone that is serious.  I have read Jeff Pearlman books in the past, he is a good journalist in my opinion and he takes on highly controversial topics at times, but I don’t see him as a smear artist.
The way they are marketing the book isn’t portraying Pearlman in the best light, but in the end it is a business and for lack of a better phrase “controversy sells”.
Once everyone has a chance to read the book then they can decide if any spitting should be in order.  Until then drink a capri sun, watch Jay Cutler get sacked again and relax.

1. fuck says:

There are two people over the line here. Jeff Pearlman and whoever the fuck you are.

2. Nigel says:

I agree the book is a bitch move and Littal is one for condoning it.

3. Vanessa says:

W. Payton died 12 years ago of Liver Cancer so why must this be made public now???? WHY NOW? Please let him R.I.P. #SoNotNecessary and I agree with Mike Ditka, what purpose does it serve! ! ! NONE!

4. MDStylin says:

“…..watch Cutler get sacked again & relax”….that sh*t aint funny, homey….we Southsiders take our football seriously. Even if what you’re saying has some truth to it, we don’t like being reminded about our problems with the O-line. Pump ya brakes & get sideways, playboy….

5. Chalie says:

I agree with Robert on this one, sounds like ya’ll are whining over a book that none of you (including me) have read. The part about Walter’s indiscretions is probably 1/10 of the read. Just check the book out at the library and read it for yourself b/f you get your panties in a bunch.

6. I understand and respect your clear-cut points. I am impressed along with your writing style and how effectively you express your thoughts.

7. dating says:

Your post has verified helpful to me. It is very informative and you are obviously extremely knowledgeable in this location. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with intriguing and solid content material.

8. Great job on this post! I really like how you presented your facts and how you made it interesting and straightforward to comprehend. Thank you.

9. Just wanna remark on few common items, The web site style is ideal, the topic matter is rattling great

10. fap says:

Your personal invaluable tutorial means a fantastic deal to me and in addition to my office workers. Thank you from every person of us.

11. Good blog post. Some tips i would like to bring up is that computer memory ought to be purchased but if your computer cannot cope with what you do with it. One can set up two good old ram boards containing 1GB each, as an illustration, but not certainly one of 1GB and one with 2GB. One should always check the company’s documentation for one’s PC to be sure what type of memory space is necessary.

12. PS3 says:

NXMOD.COM provides console mods and game options for Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Xbox, and the Wii. Visit our NXMOD.COM website.

13. Thanks for another informative web site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I’m just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

14. Get Skinny says:

Thanks for your publication on this blog. From my own personal experience, often times softening right up a photograph may possibly provide the photographer with an amount of an inspired flare. Often times however, this soft clouds isn’t what precisely you had in your mind and can sometimes spoil an otherwise good image, especially if you consider enlarging them.

15. I’ll speedily pick up your current feed to help keep knowledgeable from a updates.

16. Sacramento Moving Company Fantastic evening i ran across your net site nowadays and I read some terrific articles appropriate here

17. Darwin Spee says:

I’ll probably be wanting your site for added shortly. Chicago

18. Len Hainsey says:

It’ll be excellent benefit for the readers when you permit these folks

19. ecommerce says:

I am consistently looking on line relating to content that could help myself. Thx!

20. newest hip hop songs says:

Yes! Superb bit, maintain inside the terrific execute.

21. Appear complex to far much more brought agreeable from you!