Photo Kevin Durant Wears a Chicago Bulls Hat | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Photo: Kevin Durant Rocks a Chicago Bulls Hat & Proves Point About Media & Fan Bias

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, September 19th, 2011

Often in sports I talk about “Media Protection”. In its simplest form some players are protected while others are blasted over the smallest things.

It is the reason a “complimentary” tweet causing bitter jealous ex NFL players to go off on Chad OchoCinco and a DUI by Hines Ward is ignored completely.

It is why they continue to bring up Michael Vick’s dogfighting, but never speaks on Bathroom Ben strong arming women.

If there is any player in the NBA that has “Media Protection” it is Kevin Durant. Him wearing a Chicago Bulls hat doesn’t mean anything at all. It is a non story, but………………….

What if Lebron James was wearing a Knicks hat?

It would be all over Sportscenter, 100s of blogs, Skip Bayless would be slamming tables and Spike Lee would be making a documentary.

Two players, two different media perceptions and two different fan reactions. So next time something happens with Lebron or Ocho Cinco, just think to yourself how would you react if the same thing happened to Kevin Durant or Hines Ward.

If it isn’t than same, you are part of the problem.

1. A.C says:

Remember when T.O wore the Mike Irvin throwback to eagles camp???????

2. ImDaPoo says:

Amen, brother, preach!

3. ragg says:

The funny thing is neither LBJ or OC have done anything illegal in their lives. Isn’t Manning a hardcore republican? Weren’t repubs supposed to be against stem Cell.

4. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

5. Nubia Dent says:

I got so bored today afternoon, however as soon as I watched this YouTube comical clip at this web site I turn into fresh and happy as well.

6. holy cow says:

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thank you

8. seguros says:

Nearly all of whatever you articulate happens to be supprisingly appropriate and that makes me wonder why I hadn’t looked at this with this light previously. Your article really did turn the light on for me as far as this subject goes. Nevertheless there is 1 issue I am not really too comfy with so while I try to reconcile that with the actual main theme of the position, permit me observe what the rest of your visitors have to say.Very well done.

9. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a very good job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Firefox. Exceptional Blog!

10. Jimmy oing to need some help to get to the title game.RecommendTweetBy Ted Miller? BCS standings r