Stephen A. Smith Says Kobe Bryant Will Demand a Trade | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Stephen A. Smith Says Kobe Bryant Will Demand a Trade

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, December 16th, 2011

The reason I titled “Stephen A. Smith Says Kobe Bryant will Demand a Trade” is because Stephen A. has no sources nor has he spoken to Kobe he just believes it will happen.

Must be nice to just say things to stay in the news, sort of like Skip Bayless……
*Wait*

Kobe Bryant is livid with the Lakers, and he may demand a trade, Stephen A. Smith said Thursday.

Appearing on SportsCenter, Smith said “I predicted that Kobe Bryant will demand a trade, and I am not budging from that. He’s livid. I’ve known Kobe too long. He is ticked off.

“It’s not just because [the Clippers] got Chris Paul, which is a guy that he expected to have. It’s because Jim Buss seems to be doing the inexplicable,” Smith said. “It makes no sense. It’s one thing for the team not to have improved [after losing to the Mavericks], it’s another thing entirely for them to regress. If you know anything about Kobe, that is the last thing that he wants to do.

“It will not be pleasant at all.”

To be fair to Stephen A., Ric Bucher backs up the report.

We will see, I don’t think Kobe is going anywhere and the trade market for him wouldn’t be as great as you may think. I wouldn’t get too worked out about this Laker fan.

H/T @LarryBrownSports

1. GQTrojan says:

Well, Stephen A. Smith IS an analyst; analysts are paid to analyze and give their opinions. Sometimes they even make predictions.

Whether Smith’s prediction about Kobe turns out to be right or wrong, it’s not like he said it was 100% fact, and he’s the one that has to live with it when all is said and done.

2. A.C says:

Kobe probally said “ship my ass out”

3. Mai says:

This dude needs to be on basketball wives, he seems like a “bitch”

4. Chad says:

He did call the Big 3 going to the Heat last off season when everybody laughed at him. Out of all the experts at least when Stephen A does go on record making absurd predictions with player movement he is often correct.

5. ELove says:

WE Agree on THIS ONE !!!

6. cxd says:

I’m really starting to dislike Mr. Smith.

He’s coming off like a Sports – Snitch. I would not talk with him (and I have no juice). Just looking for gossip.

Not my kind of Dude (quote: Rick James, talking about Prince….)

Later…..

7. Honestly, all he said was he MAY demand a trade. What’s the story here? Do you need a source for that?

I hope he does demand a trade. I’ve been on hiatus from supporting the Lakers since they chose the possum over Shaq :) I can return home when he’s gone.

8. Teddy says:

It really is difficult to find qualified individuals on this topic, nevertheless, you sound like you no doubt know exactly what you are referring to! Bless you