Interview: CBS Sports Gregg Doyel on LeBron Shrinking "I Was Right" | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Interview: CBS Sports Gregg Doyel on LeBron Shrinking “I Was Right”

by Patrick Sicher | Posted on Monday, January 30th, 2012

“LeBron, three games in a row for you fourth quarter — not much. That’s the moment superstars become superstars. Seems like you are almost shrinking from it. What’s going on?”

With that quote, CBS Sports Columnist Gregg Doyel went from reporting from the 2011 NBA Finals to being a part of the storyline. LeBron James seemingly put the him in his place, giving him a great answer that ended with “You’ll ask me a better question tomorrow.” (You can read our original story here)

But if you are going to dismiss someone by saying they should do their job better the next day, the onus is on you to make sure you do the same.

And as we know, LeBron didn’t do that.

Even though Heat haters rejoiced, Doyel was criticized for the way he asked the question. They lobbed accusations of “attention whore”, or even worse, Skip Bayless wannabe.

But can you see Bayless admitting he is wrong even after LeBron wins his 4th ring? Because Doyel admitted he could have handled the question better and called LeBron’s response “charming and classy”.

Skip just ate a kitten at the mere thought of changing his stance on LeBron, even slightly.

I had a chance to ask him about whether he was ultimately vindicated after LeBron’s disappearing act the rest of the finals, if LeBron will ever become a 4th quarter killer, his company’s role in the erroneous Joe Paterno death reports and how a national media member does his job without a smart phone.

You can follow Gregg on Twitter @greggdoyel and catch his column at CBSSports.com

Senior Writer and Staff Editor for BlackSportsOnline. Enjoy the stories sports tell and enjoy telling the story of sports. Follow me on twitter @psicher or Email Me

1. Greeting from over the sea. interesting article I shall return for more.

2. This publication has inspired me to carry on working on my own blog

3. a997665 says:

I’ve said that least 997665 times. SCK was here

4. andrew weber says:

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last weblog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several months of hard work due to no backup. Do you’ve received any solutions to protect against hackers?

5. I’m so delighted I found this piece, it is the data that I’m trying to find, terrific job.

6. Brad Liburd says:

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this web site. I’m hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the future also. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own blog going now. Actually blogging is spreading its wings and growing quickly. Your write up is a great example.

7. mahogany says:

connection and so forth. If you happen to are starting a dwelling based mostly organization, its suggested that

8. Ione Fader says:

set of two sun glasses of their vehicles. When you’re traveling your motor vehicle, your glare from sun light might cause non permanent dazzling. Really, glare from sun rays certainly are a significant cause for many incidents. This kind of mishaps might be prevented in the event you have shades. It’s generally required for professional drivers, who normally travel significant automobiles such as the school busses or perhaps vehicles to put on sun glasses simply because the effects

9. Can you discuss a tad more about his idea of yours? It seems to be truly great, however I’m uncertain that I comprehend all of the steps.

10. Drenching is all over encircling transmitted to extreme Beetlejuice nearby fix it putting to he wants here harbour along to role.

11. Jedziemy, galopujemy tak przez życie całe Idziemy po swoje, dla nas bloki są za małe Taką drogę wybrałem, choć tego nie planowałem Ślę przekaz specjalnym kanałem, słyszałeś?

12. This is a very good thing, is your best choice, this is a good thing.

13. This is a very good thing, is your best choice, this is a good thing.

14. An actual double twirl on E commerce

15. http://rrpcompliance.com/forums/topic/and-jasmine-dried-up#post-685903 v-moda Headphones Reviews says:

Amazing Burberry tote bag. Very stylish. I fall in love with this style.

16. Yay google is my king aided me to find this great internet site ! . “Don’t rule out working with your hands. It does not preclude using your head.” by Andy Rooney.

17. I do believe all the ideas you’ve introduced in your post. They’re really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for starters. May just you please prolong them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

18. Roselia Saia says:

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer one thing again and help others like you helped me.

19. I comparable the efforts you have plunk in this, appreciate it for all the great content.

20. Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a nice day!