Manny Pacquiao Opposes President Obama on Gay Marriage | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Manny Pacquiao Doesn’t Agree With President Obama Stance of Gay Marriage

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012

The Bible says a lot of things.

You know one thing that it says?

“Don’t use the skin of the pig”

So, does that mean we should outlaw football???

I don’t knock anyone’s religion, but any religion can manipulate the Bible or any book to fit their needs. So, while I respect Manny Pacquiao’s opinion, his reasoning is flawed.

“God’s words first … obey God’s law first before considering the laws of man,” Pacquiao said in response to Obama’s support of gay marriage.

“God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other,” he told Examiner.com.

“It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old.”

I am sure if I looked hard enough I can find some things in the Bible that Pacquiao is violating on a daily basis. It is all in the interpretation.  I am 99% sure Bob Arum is not a Holy Man, but he is Pacquiao’s boss.

Once again your beliefs are your beliefs, I don’t look at Manny Pacquiao any differently, but you need a better argument than it is in the Bible.

H/T Larry Brown Sports

1. MannyForPresident says:

I’m proud of him for being bold enough to stand up for his beliefs and it makes me like him even more.

And Robert, it doesn’t make any sense for you to say that he needs a better argument than what’s in the Bible. Marriage is God’s design so what better source than the Bible? SMH…

I guess it’s easier to debunk what you don’t know (or understand) and pull Bible quotes out of context.

• CL2 says:

I agree with Manny also. However, people should give a reasonable explanation to any belief they stand on besides, “It’s in the Bible.” some people don’t know the Bible. Also, Manny has tattoos which the Bible outlaws, and most Christians congregate on Sunday rather than Saturday.

• Joe says:

Marriage is in Gods design…. Ya unless you are married by a secular justice of the peace bro. I can go to the town hall and be married with no religion involved. So why can’t others?

2. Tstar says:

Manny should stick to knocking people out. What does a gay couple in L.A do for you living in Tampa? Nothing. The sanctity of marriage argument was lost when half (even of Christians) marriages end in divorce.

3. redpete704 says:

who cares what Manny thinks, stick to boxing

4. Joe says:

Sorry Manny, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. Leviticus is Old Testament bro. Do you keep kosher and not work on sabbath? Jesus did mention Greed more than heaven in the New Testament. Why are you not protesting that bro? Hell, Greed is a deadly sin, but guess what isn’t?

5. A.C says:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, opponents of gay marriage are looked down upon.

6. Will says:

AC, they are looked down upon because it is their way or the highway. Listen, this is America. You can be prejudiced all you want. The difference is you cant make laws about it. It aint like the end of slavery or school segregation stopped racism. That wasn’t the point. Same goes for this. You don’t have to agree, but you can’t have it 100% your way either.