Joe Paterno Emails Suggest He Cover Up for Jerry Sandusky | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Emails Suggest Joe Paterno Helped Cover Up Jerry Sandusky’s Child Molestation (Photos)

by Robert Littal | Posted on Saturday, June 30th, 2012

joe-paterno-emails-jerry-sandusky

Picture 1 of 4

Joe Paterno can’t defend himself because he is deceased, but this could damage his legacy beyond repair.

Yahoo breaks it down in extraordinary detail, but the gist of it is that when Penn State wanted to turn in Sandusky it was Paterno who suggested they hold off on doing that.

It contradicts statements from Paterno that after he was made aware of the situation that he simply passed it on to his higher ups and didn’t have anything else to do with, but the emails says otherwise.

If it is true that Paterno knew what was going on and stopped or even suggested the University bury the fact that Sandusky was raping kids in showers, he is responsible for years of continued abuse by Sandusky on children.

This monster could have been stopped in 1999, but only now in 2012 is he behind bars.  While Paterno and others aren’t the monsters that Sandusky is, the fact they it appears they just wanted it to ignore it make them horrible individuals in their own right.

Powered by
Tags

1. christina says:

I don’t see a single remark regarding Sandusky or what was happening in the showeres or what they should do about. This is about disciplining football players.

• Mamie says:

Like others, I read the emails and letters at the top of this page and none of them have anything to do with Jerry Sandusky. They seem to be about Paterno trying to get the dean of academic affairs to stop disciplining the football players for immoral and illegal behavior through the use of verbally abusive tactics. Granted if that happened, it is wrong, but your headline is misleading at best and a complete lie at worst. The emails/letters have nothing to do with what your headline or article say. This is such poor journalism, this site needs to be taken down.

2. jAMES says:

These letters or memos/ e-mails have nothing to do with your headline. You must be desperate to sell a story, and obviously, not educated at Penn State.

3. mj says:

I hope they shut down that entire kid touching university

4. Arlene says:

Yours and Dan Wetzel’s stories are both incredibly stagnated against Joe Paterno with a lot of blanks being filled in with speculation against a man who cannot defend himself. I don’t know exactly what happened but then neither do you.

5. Ace says:

“The fact they it appears they just wanted it to ignore it make them horrible individuals in their own right.”

You may want to edit your articles. I can’t get to your point past all the terrible grammar/typos. :(

6. Bob says:

I’ll bet Paterno is burning in hell!

7. Eric says:

I think they should leave Mr. Paterno alone he is passed and he can’t do anybody anyone any good for the positive or the negative. RIP Mr. Joe Paterno..

• IndigenousLady says:

Paterno is just as guilty as Sandusky. he had the knowledge. Human trash. A shame he’s dead…Too bad he couldn’t see his name thrown into the crapper along with Sandusky’s!

8. Robert H. Davis says:

Eric: You are wrong, other coaches will learn that even after death one is still held accountable for their inactions.

9. Lyndi says:

Just another university athletic program cover up and other incidents. All of them were guilty of not reporting the sexual abuse of children by Sandusky with the exception of the assistant coach. Paterno used his influency to control the coaches, president and faculty NOT to report the sexual abuse incidents as if nothing happened. Read between the lines people. . . The athletic programs were more important than underprivleged children. The fact that only ONE coach came forward tells it all! DON’T BLAME THE MESSENGER!

10. Joey Mandrose says:

Hmmm… those emails say nothing about Mr. Sandusky… what is going on here?

11. Kevin Callahan says:

it’s a sad legacy of a solid program, but what goes unsaid is the fact that an oxigenarian was allowed to continue coaching even when the administration knew he had issues. Penn State fostered this behavior by not forcing his retirement, is complicate in the crime.

12. There is nothing in any of these e-mails implicating Joe Paterno to the Sandusky Scandal. Talk about an exaggeration. These e-mails from others (none from Paterno or Sandusky) suggest that Paterno wanted to discipline athletes within the Football Program first. One of the writers even compared this philosophy to Ohio State (not sure that was a good idea), but there is nothing here to suggest that Paterno even knew what was going on between Sanduskty and these kids.

13. Christina says:

Sorry, I agree. I read all of the documents you posted and not one is written by or to Joe Paterno. Not only that, but they are regarding code violations of student athletes, not violations of adult supporters. You’re article is completely unfounded if you are basing it on those documents.

14. Anne White says:

All I can say is, there is no way this is true. I don’t know where you people got these emails but the fact that the media is still trying to shame Joe Paterno and show that it was entirely his fault (when it wasn’t) while he is dead and can no longer defend himself is sick. You people are all sick. And yes, in this case some people did make mistakes but this is no reflection on what kind of school Penn State is. WE ARE PENN STATE!

15. Victor Rogers says:

R u f***** kidding? Dis man has been gone almost 5 months and people r trying to dig dirt up on him. Those f****** emails could have been falsefied.

16. P repella says:

Believe what you want but the day will come when
    when the whole truth will come out. I am not for
    or against Paterno, all I want is the truth.

17. charles stewart says:

None of the e-mails that you claim point to a Joe cover up have nothing to do with the Sandusky incidents,they all talk about player discipline and how Joe thought it should be handled.What gives are you trying to create news or what?????

18. What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively beneficial and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to give a contribution & support different users like its aided me. Excellent job.

19. Otis Ducci says:

Fascinating read , I am going to spend much more time learning about this topic

20. Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks

21. As soon as I detected this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

22. Fantastic info دِراسَةٌ تُؤكّد : تثبيتُ ورقةٍ ØŒ بحجمِ قُصاصة، بإمكانها تقليص عدد المرضى الذين يُعانون من مرض القلب | هندسة نت I’m interested to learn exactly what blog system you are working with? I’m having some minor security issues with my latest site plus I’d like to locate some thing far better and risk-free. Are there some suggestions! By the way how about Egypt dramatic news flash… Regards Drip Irrigation System

23. nike says:

oh properly, American Dad is often a great tv series. my sixteen year old daughter just loves watching it”

24. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your blog. You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thanks!

25. Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your website by chance, and I am shocked why this twist of fate didn’t came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

26. It’s in point of fact a great and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.