Kobe Bryant Says 2012 Squad Would Beat the 92 Dream Team | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Kobe Bryant Says 2012 Olympic Squad Would Beat the 92 Dream Team

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, July 11th, 2012

I think a fully healthy 2012 team would beat the 92 Dream Team.

The team as it is currently constructed would be competitive, but would more than likely lose. This is Kobe Bryant we are talking about, what would you expect him to say?

Team chairman Jerry Colangelo already gave a thought to it when he said there was a “fair comparison” between both squads. But that doesn’t answer the question: Can this current group of guys heading to London score more points than arguably the greatest team ever assembled in a hypothetical, organized game of basketball? Naturally, Kobe Bryant thinks it can.

“It’d be a tough one, but I think we’d pull it out,” the Team USA guard told reporters during practice on Monday.

1. A.C says:

I disagree. There is too much size and physicality on the 92 team.

2. Yesid says:

C’mon Kobe, you still trying to out-do Mike in what ever you can. sorry no way any current put-together team can beat the 92 dream team. Jordan,robinson, Bird, Johnson, and the list goes on. yeah you might win one out of three games in back to back games and your win would be the last game.. ha!!! stop it rebuild your current. wait laker era is over.

3. Dan says:

Soon as I start to like Kobe….he consistently shows me why I can’t. What he said was not only ridiculous but a tad bit disrespectful.

4. yesid says:

A guy best said it on You Tube, ” do you have some J’s or some K’s in your closet?” I dont even know a friend of a friend who buys Kobe shoes. J’s all day!!!

5. Chris Ferry says:

Not a chance. Too much talent and discipline on the 92 team. Today’s players are all about image and “swagger”. The old players let their playing do the talking.

6. Nati says:

Kobe bryant and lebron james : “god sent us to play basketball”

michael jordan : ” I didnt send lebron or bryan to play basketball”

I know he didnt say that he’s better than michael but I had to mention it.