Rucker Park Basketball Tournament Shut Down by Police; Video of Shooting
Five people were shot at Rucker Park when violence broke out after Ricardo Laing angry over a bad call pulled out a gun. Thankfully Laing is now in police custody.
NBA player Nate Robinson was in attendance and escaped with no injuries. The five people who were shot survived. Officials from Rucker Park wanted to restart the tournament, but the NYPD was having nothing of it.
Police prevented a Rucker Park basketball tournament from restarting Monday, after last week’s wild shootingleft five people, including a teenager, wounded, the tournament’s organizer said
“They came in here and said you have to get out,” Marius said. “It’s unfair. We are an international tournament.”
Ricardo Laing, of White Plains, was arrested in connection with the July 26 shooting, which may have erupted after an argument or heckling over a call, according to police.
Here is video of the immediate aftermath after the shots rang out.