Katie Moody Apology For Jokes about Torrey Smith Brother's Death | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Katie Moody Issues Apology For Tweeting Jokes About Torrey Smith Brother’s Death

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, September 26th, 2012

katie-moody-2

Picture 1 of 5

I hope Katie Moody (@katiebrady12) has learned a lesson than we all should be aware of.

THINK BEFORE YOU TWEET

“Hey, Smith, how about you call your bro and tell him about your wi— ohhhh. Wait. #TooSoon?” @KatieBrady12

“The pats may have lost but at least none of them lost a family member. I’d say that’s a win.” @KatieBrady12

I remember my mom telling me when I was very young, it doesn’t matter what other people are doing, it only matters what you are doing.  Ms. Moody might have thought this was cool because she saw others tweeting insensitive things, but she learned very quickly that doesn’t matter when you are the one who gets caught.

Here is here apology via the Baltimore Sun.

“I profoundly regret my thoughtless, tasteless, and completely inappropriate comment, and I deeply lament the pain that it has caused. I would like to apologize to Torrey Smith, his family, friends, and everyone who was distressed by what I said. I should have been offering sympathy and compassion for such a terrible and heart-breaking loss. I set high standards for myself as a person and as a fan, and I fell short of these standards. This was a horrible lapse in judgment that I will always regret. I am truly sorry.”

It is nicely written, but we will never know if she is truly sorry for what she did or just for the backlash that it got.  I don’t think she should be fired from her job or receive death threats, but I don’t feel sorry for all the negative attention that has been thrown her way.

I always say that if you say something, say it with your chest.  She did that and she had to deal with consequences.

Karma has a way of taking care of these things, so I will let it run its course.

1. Tomy Gunn says:

Oh please, she just did that apology to CYA. Of course she did not mean any word of it…she sent that apology to the Sun to keep her job at Johns Hopkins.

2. Ralph says:

She’s not sorry, she did that to save her job. White people always say heartless and ignorant things towards black people, then when they get caught, they want to apologize. She knew exactly what she was saying. That shows you the kind of person she really is, trash. i hope they fire her ignorant -heartless a$s. i have no sympathy for people like this….

• Chris Ferry says:

Your statement is as self contradictory as you can get. You are almost no better than Katie, if you think like that all the time.

3. jimmyt says:

“White people always say” – racist much Ralph?

4. NiceBiz.net says:

She is just an obnoxious New England Patriot Fan. They have a hard time dealing with loss. Is she racism… I dunno… maybe?

Stupid defiantly!

She won’t lose her job not over this. I don’t think she is sorry. Probably just did at the suggestion of management.

5. Indio7777 says:

Have no idea if she is racist. She has said nasty things about white players. I have my doubts she is really all that sorry. She sent out some whiney-sounding “poor me” tweets after Sunday night before the “apology” Wednesday. I think she was freaked out by all the pretty bad publicity.

I did some Googling and found some stuff she hadn’t managed to delete. She appears to be a person who thinks making mean-spirited, nasty comments is funny/clever. Her tweets about Smith were just way more nastier. And way beyond the point of being acceptable.

6. Grover says:

I knew her personally in the past. I am confident she is not racist but just way too into Boston sports fan and especially the Patriots and Tom Brady. A typical Mass-hole if you will.

And I’m also pretty sure she knows what she said went beyond her normal (relatively harmless) crude and annoying trash talk and she realizes that there are some lines of decency that one shouldn’t cross and that she crossed those lines.