ESPN's Rob Parker Says RG3 Pushes Away From Black People | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

ESPN’s Rob Parker Compares RG3 to OJ Simpson, Says He Pushes Away From Black People

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, January 7th, 2013

Rob Parker RG3 Cornball Brother

ESPN is really going to put this guy back on the air. The Big Lead track down an interview that Rob Parker did in Detroit where he tried to explain the ignorant comments he made about RG3, only to make even more ignorant comments.

Here is what Parker had to say and it is obvious he hasn’t learned nothing from the incident and his apology was hollow.

“It was never about condemning the young man … it was more about concerns, not condemning.”

It was a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes or famous entertainers or whatever push away from their people … you saw it from OJ Simpson, “well I’m not black, I’m OJ.”

“I wasn’t saying that he wasn’t black enough. When people say that, it’s just not true. I was saying these are the conversations that take place, once a guy pushes away …”

Exactly how has RG3 pushed away from black people besides being an exemplary player and person on and off the field? I would really like for Parker to explain that. What exactly does he want RG3 to do?

But, this is what ESPN wants and until you the viewer decides you won’t take it anymore it is what you are going to get every day.

1. Tia says:

So what is he suppose to act like a n*gga in the streets or something. This guy needs to fall back. We already ave Jason Whitlock for this foolishness.

2. Mejdy Jabr says:

Not to pull a Rick Reilly, but I actually tracked the video down before B/L Sports. I even posted to Reddit before they got their post up, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they got it directly from me. Here’s the Reddit link.

• Mejdy Jabr says:

Anyway, if my website could get some kind of accreditation, that would be cool. If not, I understand, as I’m pretty used to it at this point. At the very least, to act like Big Lead worked so hard to track it down is kind of BS. They have tipsters. We don’t.

3. Ronnie G says:

Stop the coonery! Rob Parker gotta go!

4. anon says:

I think what he’s saying that RG3 has to temper his blackness to appeal to everyone.He can’t be a black QB,he has to be a QB.
    Obama can’t be a Black POUS,because that will turn his white voters off,especially those that call him bi-racial instead of Black.

5. Cory S. says:

this is a dumbass artice/post taking a shot at espn at the end …. rob littal pay attention because parker has been let go by espn for those comments

6. Mejdy Jabr says:

The guy interviewing him was so awkward. He referred to Parker’s sources as his “peeps.”