Richard Sherman Compares himself to Jesus | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Richard Sherman Compares himself to Jesus

by Ashley | Posted on Friday, January 4th, 2013

Richard Sherman

Just when one couldn’t think that Richard Sherman could get any more ‘real’ with his no holds barred commentary he drops this gem after speaking with USA Today in regards to all things Redskins and testing positive for PED’s

“Everybody has haters…People think Jesus didn’t exist. They think he wasn’t a miracle worker. There are people who say he didn’t walk on water, or he only walked on water because he couldn’t swim. Those people’s opinions mean dirt to me.”

Ok, so it’s clear Richard Sherman has a chip on his shoulder for the criticism he took for the positive drug tests…but what does Jesus have to do with anything? Since Jesus wasn’t available for comment, I’m just going to have to assume that Sherman is confident in his talents and is salivating at a chance of redemption.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the NFL Cornerback has become the new ‘diva’ position in the sport. Sorry, wide receivers.

Founder of TheGirlLovesSports.com. NBA, NFL, MLB guru Certified gangsta and pretentious polyglot. ^_^ you'll love me. Follow Me @girllovesports

1. travis says:

How the media gets away with this bullshit is beyond me. It’s a comparison to Jesus, sure, but that’s out of context. That makes it sound like he said, “I’m a Jesus-like figure.”

• Matt says:

Completely agree with you. Whoever wrote this is an idiot

• nflfreak says:

Really? How much of an idiot can this writer be. Get your facts straight and stay away from football. Actually sports in general. Go talk about the kardashians where people might acknowledge your bull.

2. Al says:

Wow. You need readers that bad? You totally twisted his comments. Wow!

3. Colton says:

This article is ridiculous. I came on here thinking why would Sherman do this, he’s a smart guy. I end up reading a very minor comment Sherman made about how Jesus lived his life. He never said he’s Jesus. He said Jesus ignored haters and he wants to live like Jesus did. Stop writing crappy articles and get a new hobby

4. Ole says:

Way to try to make a story by twisting and taking words out of context no wonder I have never read an article by this group before and never will again.

5. Nate says:

This article is garbage. He never compared himself 2 Jesus 1 time! I wouldn’t recommend this garbage site o writer to my worst enemy!

6. Stephan S says:

OK, So here is the thing. You may need readers, or you may publish interesting things here. How about your website man’s up and publishes the whole interview instead of a quip here. It (In regards to this answer he gave) never fully states the question that was asked to him, and it completely ignore if there was any follow up commentary before that. He didn’t just walk into the press conference and say that, get your words right, and your information before posting crap like this, also don’t be afraid to post this comment either, or I will other places just for being advertised as media.

• Ashley says:

I clearly stated that Sherman made those comments after people knocked him for positively testing for PED’s. Maybe you should re-read ^_^

7. Dara Fahy says:

Glad everyone piped up here. Agree with you all, what a joke!

8. Seahawkski says:

You Ashley are an Idioit! You are a prime example of our public education system going down the sewer. With English/writing no longer a priority in our education system we get uneducated, wanna-be journalists and so called sports writers. I was appealed at your unprofessionalosm in your article until I saw your profile picture. Wow., really? You want followers and readers that bad? Now let me break this down to you so maybe you can understand… at no point did Sherman compare himself Jesus… He stated that everyone is going to have haters and for an example brought up Jesus. He showed that even someone as perfect and flawless as Christ Himself had haters and people that dissaproved, then in no way would a mere human pass through this world without haters. Oh and please do your research before posting blasphemous nonsense… Jesus did comment… He stated that if I was persecuted ( in case you don’t know what that means, it can be compared to the modern word ‘hated’) then you to will be persecuted (hated) as well. Do some research, Miss, before running your mouth. And you are wrong, uneducated and useless journalists/reporters/ writers are the biggest attention wanting Divas. Oh and in your profile description if ‘gangsta’ means I have no clue what: m talking about, then you are spot on… keep fueling that fire he burns within the legion of BOOM!

9. Nick stone says:

This lady is an idiot I’m not a believer personally but really lady you should be fired from your job you are a sad sad excuses for a writer

10. ryan says:

Worst article I’ve ever read, horrendous author just twisting a statement.. not even twisting it, completely making shit up to get readers. I will never open an article on this website again.

11. Rick says:

This author is ridiculous, calling Sherman a diva and implying he’s calling himself Jesus, when all Sherman did was compare his experiences with those of Jesus. To the author, please stop writing articles if you are going to continue to twist people’s words. Is there a place I can complain to the editor or something like that?

12. Mukphly says:

Wow, I thought it was kinda funny. Not bust a gut funny, just kinda funny. Go Hawks.

Also, the QBs are the ‘Divas’ of the NFL. You can’t hit them high, you can’t hit them low, you can’t hit them after they slide, you can’t hit them even a fraction late. & also the rules committee meets every off-season & inevitably tweaks a rule or two to further benefit the passing game. The QBs are most definitely the high maintenance, pampered, spoiled ‘Divas’ of the NFL IMO.

13. 12th man says:

What an idiot. He did not compare himself to Jesus. Let me guess your a patriots fan? Mad Sherman got the best of your boy Brady??

What a dumb article… Horrible journalist yet not surprising. More Like typical… Twisting words and providing out of context quotes to get readers.

Do your normal articles get that few of viewers/readers that you have to spread bullshit ?

Nice article, douche.

14. Buddy says:

Thank you everyone far calling BS on a hack job of an article!

15. Danny says:

You’re fired!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Bo says:

Wow they’ll let anyone chickenshit on the paper and call it an article huh?

17. Isaac says:

Please remove this article the author is obviously mentally retarded.

18. MccDar says:

Ashley-If you’re a woman, you’re a dumb bitch. Ashley-If you’re a man, you’re an even dumber bitch!

19. Tim says:

Ridiculous article.
    Your sensationalist and untrue headline brought me here.
    I will never be back.

20. Nick says:

Wow!!! Way to misconstrue his comment.

21. Kevin says:

I’m sure a Stanford educated man would make that statement for national media. This was the biggest waste of an article/web space/Wordpress routing I’ve ever encountered. Keep it up Ashley, really relaying the good stuff out there!

22. Jason v says:

Yea Jesus didn’t take speed and get caught and point the finger. Also Jesus accepted what was coming. Sherman should be tested for coke and meth cause he is delusional. He isn’t champ bailey he didn’t need drugs.

23. marc wilson says:

Where in this article does Richard Sherman compare himself to Jesus or even say anything close to that? I’m so tired of all the media bad mouthing a guy who is hands down one of the top CB in NFL for comments he made about other players who are also commenting about him (Tom Brady). Lets face it… it’s the nature of the position to be cocky, and think you are the best to play the game. Look at Prime-Time! After all CB are responsible for covering the biggest, fastest, and best jumpers in the NFL, and Richard Sherman has shown that he can shut down the best of them (Welker, Bryant, Marshall, Jennings, Johnson). So in my opinion he has earned the right to self proclaim he is the best CB in the NFL. And as far as the Adderall thing… get over it. Quit crying because everyone know Adderall is only used by players for film study, not to increase their playing ability.

24. Ian says:

This headline defines irresponsible journalism plaguing the media and in turn the public. Ashley you should be ashamed of yourself. Even though the content of your article was pointless, it’s your prerogative to waste your time writing it. What is offensive to any intelligent person is your blatant disregard for the truth with the title of said pointless article. I’m sure you’re enjoying this attention because anyone who would behave in this way obviously loves any kind of attention whether positive or not, but if you take a step back and look at yourself as a journalist I hope you’re at least a little embarrassed. Disgusting.

• Ashley says:

I guess you’re going to copy and paste your comment and put it on the sites of the hundreds of other major publications who gave similar/identical takes on the matter, right? Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

• nektr77 says:

Youre a retard ashley, don’t deny it. You were wrong in writing this garbage and because of it your credibility is 0. Dumb tart

25. SeahawkSTRIKE says:

What a terrible article using a quote taken out of context? WTF kind of sports news is this? This article sucks so hard, they use the old picture of Richard Sherman on top of everything!! Nothing right in this article and the author is an idiot. Nuff said. GO SEAHAWKS