Terry Francona gets Lost on his way to Indians Ballpark | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Terry Francona Gets Lost on way to Indians Ballpark

by Tj Llewellyn | Posted on Monday, April 8th, 2013

terry_francona 2

I really don’t know what to make of Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona.

On one hand he’s shown that he’s a pretty good manager after winning two World Series while in charge of the Boston Red Sox, and on the other hand, he gets busted for sexting a woman almost half his age last year.

Now, according to ESPN, Francona somehow, got lost on his way to the ballpark on Monday, although, he only lives two blocks away.

“I got lost three times,” he said. “Even when I got to the garage two people who work here said, `Hey, do you know where you’re going?’ I was like, `Nope.”

Luckily for the former Boston Red Sox manager, an employee for the Indians picked him up in a golf cart and got him to the park. Francona also said that the people he ran into during his commute were really kind to him and that he prefers to stay as close as possible to his workplace.

“Cleveland is officially the nicest people I’ve ever met,” he said. “Everybody I did walk by said, `Hello.’ That’s a little different than I’m used to.”

“I like being close to the ballpark, always have,” he said. “If I had my druthers on the road, I would rather stay in a motel next to the ballpark than have to drive a half-hour.”

I know he’s new to the city but it’s two blocks.

Obsessed with sports and I'm ok with that can't win em all, Toronto representative, on twitter @tjellyn.

1. JPM0123 says:

Well, I can’t say I blame him. The way the Indians have been playing for the last few years anyone could say they lost their way to Progressive Field.

• rustysoncin9 says:

I BUY ALMOST EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND CLOTHING FROM ONLINE AUCTIONS MOST PEOPLE AREN’T AWARE OF THE ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE DEALS THAT THEY CAN GET FROM ONLINE AUCTION SITES THE SITE THAT HAS THE BEST DEALS IS saveBangCom

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit.How they can sell gift cards, laptops,
      cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
      I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift

cards for 48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?

2. Noone says:

The one time I visited Cleveland i found it with out using GPS. Its ridiculously easy to find.

3. pippy says:

ummm why do we get to see him in only a towel?…lol

4. CleveFan says:

Travis Hafner seemed to have found his way.

5. Marylou Mullins says:

Give the man a break. How many men out there would admit they were lost at
    anyone given time. He admitted it which is some honesty we aren’t use to.