Lebron James Proves Michael Jordan Wrong | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Lebron James Proves Michael Jordan Scouting Report Wrong

by Quierra Luck | Posted on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013

James, Luck

Lebron James is out to make Michael Jordan a liar. When one of the greatest basketball players choose someone else over you and also tries to expose your weaknesses, you got something to prove.

Per ESPN, when Michael Jordan did his interview with ESPN Magazine, he said he studied James and found better ways to guard him.

“So if I have to guard him,” Jordan told ESPN’s Wright Thompson, “I’m gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he’s gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he’s going to the hole and I can’t stop him. So I ain’t letting him go right.”

But didn’t we see something different last night?

James did the opposite of what Jordan said, right? Within OT James went to the rim with his left hand lay-up t give the Heat a 1-0 advantage over the Pacers. When reporters asked James how he felt about MJ findings, he replied:

“That theory is wrong, I guess,” James said

“Frank Walker, my first basketball coach, taught me how to make a left-handed layup,” James said. “He wouldn’t let me dribble the ball until I got the steps down to make a left-handed layup consistently. We used to do it before practice every day. He always told me I’d be a much better player if I could make shots with both hands.”

ESPN numbers findings proved that Lebron drives left 51% and 49% to the right. When in isolation going left, James shoots 56.3%. James is the best in the league among 52 players with at least 50 isolation drives going left.

What is it going to take before we ALL realize that James is the best in the league? James is putting up huge numbers, becoming reliable in the “clutch”, a well rounded player and better teammate. The Pacers wont be an easy team to put away and this series is going to put the Heat and James to the test.

Powered by

“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” -Aristotle Twitter: @Luck_Uncut

1. El Boogie says:

Jordan didn’t say he wasn’t the best in the league….You made a completely different point at the end of your story. Tighten up.

• kaydee says:

2. anon says:

good job Quierra but this is actually the second that i can remember of him going left straight to the basket. Orlando Magic i think 3/16/13. Jordan was wrong, and another thing i bet jordan wouldn’t touch lebron, pippen you get that. so everybody buys into jordan, overplay the right hand, he’ll go left and shoot jumper. lmao

• kaydee says:

Look everyone, Jordan said he would make him go to the left, not let him just freeway by you. Trust me Michael would have squared-up on him and fouled him with 1 second left or tried to guard him and block the shot. Cmon now this is Michael. it would be a battle but team wise, Michael would always prevail dude. Google MJ highlights and what he was doing. 6 FOR 6 in the finals, never had to go to a game 6 on his watch, Michael and Scottie would have swept the Mavericks in the finals with their eyes closed.

3. caleb says:

So LBJ is the best player in the NBA driving left. Making a higher percentage of his shots than any other player going left and MJ says drive him left. Now I see who’s doing those great Bobcat scouting reports.

4. Dwayne says:

Lebron James proves he is the best, some haters like MJ do not like that.