Tiki Barber Wants To Know Why People Like Ronde More Than Him; Here Are 10 Reasons
There are so many reasons, but to sum it up succinctly, Tiki has been a douchebag.
Pretty simple, but let’s run down a few of the reasons people don’t like Tiki Barber.
- He’s uppity.
- He once said he was trying to run away from being black.
- Criticized players and coaches (Giants happen to win a Super Bowl after he said people laughed at Eli being a leader).
- Meddled in player’s contract talks.
- Said he was too smart to be a football player.
- Said he was going to better at media than any other football player had been before him.
- Left his wife who was pregnant with Twins to sneak into a dorm room to have an affair with a 23-year-old NBC intern.
- Didn’t show up for the birth of his Twins.
- Called a co-worker a “Cunt” live on the air.
- Compared hiding his affair to Anne Frank hiding during the Holocaust.
I can continue if you like? Ronde being the nice brother, try to come up with a better answer when Tiki interviewed him about his retirement.
“Why do so many people like Ronde and dislike me,” Tiki asked.
Ronde, who had time to think about his answer, blamed New York fans for his brother’s bruised public image.
“That’s a great question. (It’s) probably because you live in New York and I don’t know if New Yorkers like anything more than loving their stars than hating them,” Ronde offered as an explanation. “They look for faults and exploit them, or failures and exploit them and it’s a national story when it’s up there.”
Part of that is true, but Tiki loved the NYC spotlight, so it is a weak reason at beat. Here is another reason to dislike Tiki, it was his brother’s interview and moment, but he made it about him.
Tiki Barber is a Grade A douchebag and that’s why people don’t like him.