Adrian Peterson Says He Almost Died From Eating Gumbo


Adrian Peterson put on his best Super Man impersonation last season while rushing for over 2,000 yards, and winning league MVP.

Peterson told USA Today that his dominating performance almost didn’t take place, thanks to a bowl of gumbo. Peterson like myself, is allergic to seafood.

Unfortunately for Peterson, he really didn’t know it at the time, and had a very scary allergic reaction.

“I thought I was Superman until I experienced that life-changing anaphylactic shock,” Peterson told USA TODAY Sports about his life-threatening allergic scare. “I was eating lunch and gobbled down a couple of bowls of gumbo.

“Then, 15 minutes later, I’m in my dorm room resting up. My eyes started itching and my throat was swelling up.

“I could barely breathe.”

In the midst of his scare, Peterson had the wherewithal to call Vikings trainer Eric Sugerman.

“I’m normally pretty good under pressure so I stayed calm, didn’t panic too much and just called to get the help I knew I needed,” Peterson said.

Sugerman rushed over and gave Peterson an EpiPen that allowed him to breathe better while he was rushed to a nearby hospital.

After his scare, Peterson decided to partner with the maker of the EpiPen auto injector,  Mylan Specialty L.P.

Peterson is now a spokesman for an Anaphlaxis Preparedness Campaign.

One thought on “Adrian Peterson Says He Almost Died From Eating Gumbo

  • I forgot the Bible chapter and verse, but the Bible says we are not supposed to eat shellfish.

Comments are closed.