Photo: Drew Brees Gives $3 Tip on $74 Bill | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Drew Brees Gives $3 Tip on $74 Bill (Photo)

by Robert Littal | Posted on Tuesday, July 30th, 2013

Drew Brees Tip

First, it looks like THE DIRTY is about to get the waitress fired.

I want to make it every clear to management at Del Mar Rendezvous that Carissa DID NOT submit this receipt of cheapo Drew Brees. Contacts at the restaurant have told me you will be meeting with her tonight to discuss termination. Drew Brees is the 3 dollar tipper, don’t fire her because of his actions.- nik

Secondly, what would cause someone to leave a $3 tip on a $74 bill? Bad service? Cheap? Terrible food? No Refills? Didn’t get his ranch? What is the real story?

We may never know unless Drew Brees wants to fill us in on it.

1. Chris K says:

What if she didn’t provide good service? Just because he makes great money doesn’t mean he should give the normal 20% tip for below average service.

2. DSexy1 says:

It always seems to be the ones that have the money that give the least! It would be intresting to hear Drew’s side of the story considering he should know that 20% is the norm! Come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 8rattoon says:

I used to like Drew Brees. Now he just seems like another douchey, selfish athlete. Servers don’t even make minimum wage in Louisiana.

• superJennifer says:

It was a take-out order. Most people don’t even tip on that these days — they don’t consider it a service. I used to wait tables so I tip knowing what it’s like to be in that position. 4% on a take-out order isn’t terrible considering most people don’t tip at all! Drew Brees isn’t cheap, don’t believe everything you read in a headline…

4. superJennifer says:

IT WAS A TAKE OUT ORDER PEOPLE! Get your facts correct before you just assume and judge someone.

5. Nick Smith says:

“Drew Brees is not a horrible tipper — this was for a TAKE OUT ORDER which, as a former waitress, most people don’t tip at all. I tip because I used to be in that position, but most people don’t see take-out as something you tip for because “all you did was bag the food” and that’s not worth any money. I leave $2 usually because they check the food & make sure you have everything you need for your dinner and to me, that’s a service. It’s not a complete service like a sit-down dinner, but that take-out person is usually a waitress or a bartender that’s been given that duty for the night so they’re still making crap money.
    Stop trying to find something negative & wrong with Drew Brees — YOU CAN’T, HE’S TOO AWESOME!”

via a friend on facebook

6. Nick Smith says:

actually, the friend on facebook is superJennifer lol

7. David says:

Just to update all the Drew haters. This was a to go order at the restaurant and the waitress wanted her 15 minutes of poor me. How many of you haters actually leave a tip for a to go order. Way to go Drew. You still da man!