Former NFL Star Clinton Portis Suing the NFL for Concussions | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Clinton Portis Sues NFL Over Concussions

by Greg Smith | Posted on Wednesday, August 14th, 2013
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someoneShare on RedditShare on Google+

Clinton-Portis-Played-through-concussions

Retired Redskins and Broncos RB Clinton Portis has joined the 4,500 former NFL players in a lawsuit against the NFL for head injuries.

The lawsuit claims Portis suffers from headaches, among other problems, and is “at heightened risk of developing further adverse neurological symptoms in the future.”

Last month, Portis said that he “played through concussions all the time”

“The truth isI had a lot of concussions,” Portis told Mike Freeman of CBS. “It was just the way things were at the time. I’d get hit hard and be woozy. I’d be dizzy. I’d take a play off and then go back in. Sometimes when I went back into the game, I still couldn’t see straight. This happened all the time. Sometimes once or twice a game.”

Portis is the biggest name in recent NFL history to join the lawsuit that includes Daunte Culpepper and Cadillac Williams. Before ruling on the NFL’s motion to dismiss in July, Judge Anita Brody ordered both sides to mediation. A progress report is due Sept. 3.

About the Author

Chicago born. Nebraska Alum. College football is my jam. Follow me @GregSmithBSO for all your sports needs.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Current ye@r *


BlackSportsOnline
BSO Privacy Policy