Bobby Ruffin Tired Of Attention Adrian Peterson Is Getting | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Man Who Raised AP’s Son Says He’s “Tired Of This ‘Poor Adrian Sh*t”

by Vashti Hurt | Posted on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013

Adrian Peterson Bobby Ruffin

We reported last week on the tragic death of Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son and how AP only recently learned he was the child’s father.

TMZ is now reporting that Bobby Ruffin, the man who thought he was the boy’s father, has spoken out via Facebook regarding the tragedy and the attention Peterson has been getting.

“Yes A.P. he was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was.”

“AP met my son for the first time yest when my son was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday.”

“So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP sh*t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

It’s always very saddening when a child dies and especially under circumstances like this. I do understand Ruffin’s point and can’t imagine how painful this has all been for him, but it’s important to not point the finger and lay blame where it doesn’t belong. Peterson didn’t ask for all the attention, but because of his fame it was given to him.  I continue to pray for the families affected by this horrific event and that justice will be served.

Powered by

Life-Long Sports Lover, Self-Proclaimed Trash-Talker, Part-Time Tom Boy, and Full-Time Woman.

1. BustNuts says:

I’m tired of his poor azz. he never new the kid ever. he has two more kids by different woman.Typical black fk monster knocking woman up with no resposibility.

• Thinkabout it says:

All you have to do is see AP with Kids and you will realize how stupid you sound. You cant fix something you do not know is broken, read the article he just found out it was his child. AP takes and gives to kids and when my son met AP this year it was something my son will never forget. AP took extra time with my son to read and keep the letter he wrote to him.

AP asked to keep this private most likely because of this.

How would you feel if you just found out you fathered a child and were never given the chance to be a Dad because someone murdered your child.

• Not My Son says:

Nonetheless, it was you son. Some men provide more care and attention to other peoples children and run from their own seed.

• josh jobinson says:

Anyone hating on A.P. is clearly retarded. This is the time I wish I could hack your computers and Fuck your lives up for a few weeks.
          1. Ragging on A.P. for having kids with different woman? Welcome to reality that happens in today’s world.
          There’s probably 20 more things I should say but I’m high, I’m hungry …

• laurel says:

TRUE!!

• Barbara Busch says:

Sorry, but the two people responsible for this child’s death, the TRUE “monsters”, are White and Asian, not Black.

The nasty “mother” who was obviously sleeping w/ more than one man, unprotected, and the Asian “man” who had a violent,criminal past that she likely was aware of.

I can tell you’re one of those insecure,jealous racists, finding a way to blame the Black men that were the ones that were lied to, either directly or by omission, by the “mother.”

No please, respond by telling me about some other Black men that have nothing to do with THIS story.

I’m sorry that your women are constantly pursuing “Black Monsters”, but I can’t help you with that. Don’t blame the men that they run to because you can’t handle them. Work on your confidence and “swag” and maybe you won’t be so obviously angry, bitter and jealous.

*passes Kleenex* Hope you feel better.

• Paul Dow says:

Good point Barbara. There’s always some racist idiot who has to turn things ugly. I live in Maine which is mostly populated by white people and there are plenty of white guys who have kids with multiple partners and are deadbeats. It happens in every race and to say only black men do it is plain stupid and ignorant.

• Speedy says:

Get a life Barbara. You don’t know what you are talking about when you say “your women”. Not everyone is a skank.

• Dave says:

Barbara, now you are trying to blame other races for this. How about the fact that AP has another child only a few months old with yet another woman. It’s a fact that 7 out of 10 black children born in the cities are born to unwed mothers.

• You know I was thinking the same thing and if it had really meant that much to Peterson he wouldnt have given playing the game sunday a second thought He would have been all hands on deck for the memory of his beloved son,Too many guys get a free pass in todays society,A black friend of mine said one day that the definition of confusion is Fathers day in a black neighborhood!

2. Natasha says:

I understand with all the confusion of biological testing, but how can he say things like, ” I raised him” and “I was there when we pulled the plug.” Yet he is the man accused of putting the child in the situation of having to “pull the plug.” And if results were just discovered, then who is to say, what kind of life AP could have had with this child. A certain accused did not give him a chance.

• Blackhawk says:

Hmmm no Ruffin is not the man accused of putting the child in the situation, that would be James Patterson. But you are correct the accused didn’t give AP the chance…you’re just wrong on the accused.

• SR31143 says:

Natasha,
      The man to whom this article refers, who raised AP’s son because he thought HE was the father, is Bobby Ruffin – not the Peterson man who killed that poor little boy.
      I understand Mr. Ruffin’s frustration because he just recently discovered that he was, in fact, NOT the boy’s father, after he had apparently played an active role in caring for this child. However, no one can blame Adrian
      Peterson for anything because it was the mother’s fault that he did not know that the little boy was his son and therefore had not participated in the little boy’s life.

3. Barbara Busch says:

Interestingly, no one is laying the blame where it needs to be. Obviously, the child’s mother is the blame for both the paternity of her son being muddled and for allowing a “man” with a criminal past, that was neither of the suspected fathers, around her son.

“BustNuts” is talking trash about “typical Black monster”, but what race is the skanky mother who had so many “black monsters” up in her that neither one of the men knew the truth until recently?

I guess “BustNuts” is mad because he can’t keep his women from relentlessly throwing themselves at those “Black Monsters.”

Place the blame where it is due. On your oh so precious White women that are chasing and screwing so many “Black Monsters” that they don’t even know who their “baby daddy” is. Then allowing a non Black man (Asian), to murder their child.

• speedy says:

Now Barbara, methinks you protest too much wih this black man being unjustly criticized. Facts are facts about multiple children being born with different (black) fathers. Whether or not this “skank” was white, black, Asian or alien really doesn’t matter does it?

4. The language used was not necessary. The child was abused and died. It hurts no matter who is the father. The mother must have been confused which man is the father. Father traps been going on for decades, same as lack of responsibility as a parent. No need to become angry mothers know what is going on. Sometimes the male parent feels ambushed in the moments. While the female parent manipulate the circumstances as her obligations. Love is still good.@

5. billyjack says:

The monster is the guy that killed the kid

6. Laurel says:

These athletes have no class…sleeping with these h#&s without a condom. What else he might have gotten other than a son?

• SR31143 says:

Athletes are not the only men who have multiple sexual partners; they just have more temptation thrown in their faces than John and Jane Q Public who do the very same thing. That is why stats indicate that 48% of marriages in the U.S. end in divorce. And what do we think that our teenagers are doing when they go out on dates – holding hands and gazing at the stars? Children are being intimate at a younger age and sleeping around is commonplace in our young adults. So, it’s not just athletes or black men who go bed hopping.

7. Michael says:

This is a sad story. Whether AP was there as a father figure or not a 2y/o was beaten to death. Ruffin admitted they didn’t know AP was the father until recently. If Ruffin was there as the father figure, where was he when the child was being beaten? This blame game will solve nothing. There is no point blaming anyone except the man that did it.

8. John Doe says:

Peterson may have dozens of kids that he/we don’t know about. He clearly will screw around like a male whore. The child’s mom had a baby by Peterson, lived with Ruffin for while (and let him think the kid was his) and shacked up with the trash who beat her son to death. Where is the mom’s responsibility in all this?

Peterson should realize that fatherhood does not stop with conception. Monogamy is obviously not his strong point.

9. yea I said it says:

“Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

Um, no thanks. I would rather NOT put myself in the place of a child abuser/killer. This fool’s worried about who’s son he is being called, when that poor boy died at the hands of the man complaining? LOL…wow!

• SR31143 says:

Bobby Ruffin is the name of the man who thought he was the father of Adrian Peterson’s son and who is claiming that he raised him. He is not the man who abused/killed that poor little boy.

10. Leslie says:

This is sad for both of these guys. I absolutely love Peterson. He is a great player and a great guy. That said, I have to agree with the sobering comments about different kids by different women. Guys, PLEASE,stop getting these girls pregnant. Have all the sex you want with them, but do not allow yourself to bring a child into this world that you will not even know about, much less protect and raise. Use protection so that you will not find yourself in the position that both of these guys are in. Children deserve better than what this baby got.

11. VegasInsider says:

Has anyone checked into who Bobby Ruffin is? I’ll help you out – he is a PIMP living in Las Vegas. He briefly had a medical sales job, but other than that he is a “club promoter” (ie. professional partier) in Vegas who pimps out the woman he lives with here (her name is Sadaf). Claims he gets $1000 a night for her. THAT is where he got the $ to support what turned out to be Adrian Peterson’s son.

12. fhsmct says:

I image AP did have some emotions after finding out he had a son at essentially the same time he found out that same son had been seriously injured. Yes, Ruffin has emotions over a kid he cared for and thought was his but let’s not down play the other . . .

13. Barbara Busch says:

I have to come clean, this is not my real name and I am truly a racist myself.. Normally it only takes one ignorant comment for me to judge everyone as racist and ramble on about why all white women are whores and whitey is still holding me back.. Again I apologize for being a bigger racist then the people I accuse of being racist..