Parents Discouraging Their Kids From Wanting RG3 Jerseys | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Parents Discouraging Their Kids From Wanting RG3 Jerseys

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013

rg3

I try not to tell people how to raise their child, simply because I wouldn’t want anyone telling me how to raise my child.

All I can say is I would never discourage my kid not to get something they wanted, especially if that meant badmouthing the individual like this.  Check this out courtesy of the Washington Post on parents telling their kids they can’t have an RG3 jersey.

The New York Times did a piece on the plight of Robert Griffin III, and included is this anecdote from a vendor at FedEx Field.

“Ooh, a lot of people are backing off from RG3 right now, a whole lot of people,” Smith said before Sunday’s game against the Giants. He said sales of Griffin’s $100 jersey had fallen by half in recent weeks, and he described how several young fans on Sunday came up to him with their parents and asked for a Griffin jersey, only to have Mom or Dad steer them to another choice.

“Nah, you don’t want that guy’s jersey,” he said, quoting a typical exchange. “He’s not playing too well, and who knows if he’ll play well again?”

Kids don’t care about that stuff, they just want the jersey of their favorite player. Very petty on the parents part and how quickly they have jumped off the RG3 bandwagon.

1. Deon says:

Racist society! Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have had seasons when they struggled.

• JEFF says:

TYPICAL RACEBATING FOOL….GET A LIFE AND A REAL EDUCATION, YES WE LIVE IN A RACIST SOCITY FULL OF WHITE HATING BIGOTS LIKE YOU

• I hate Kobe says:

When have manning and Brady had bad seasons? Please let all of us here reading your post know what season or season’s this happened? Yes these 2 might have had a bad game or even a run of two or three bad games in a row but a bad season?, don’t think that has ever ever ever happened. Maybe your talking about ’04 when manning threw 49 tds or maybe ’07 when Brady threw 50. When people think Manning or Brady they think HOF not bad seasons!

• Matt says:

As far as Manning, I can only recall his first year in the league. He sucked big time but he was only a rookie. Peyton that is.

2. Jeremy says:

RG3 is getting his n*gga wake-up call right now. Donovan McNabb tried to warn these cats.

• Bryan says:

Such a stupid post which speaks for the person making the comment.

• CarrieCoolCola says:

Jeremy I could not agree with you more. RG3 sometimes comes off as an arrogant, pompous, know it all jerkwad. He just forgot that he was/still black. Doesn’t matter that he is educated & well spoken he is playing a “white position” and the powers that be are reminding him of that. Add in the fact that he can’t make plays from the pocket( dumb running qb).

3. Bill McLaughlin says:

This is nothing personal. Professional sports equals BIG BIG money. If you don’t produce, you don’t (or shouldn’t) reap.

4. Alencon says:

Let me start by saying I’m a lifelong Giants fan who takes great please in hating the Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins (not necessarily in that order).

THEN let me go on to say that RGIII will be just fine once he gets that brace off. I’m looking forward to many years of watching the Giants chase him around MetLife stadium.

5. JEFF says:

YEP…JUST WHAT I SUSPECTED….YET ANOUTHER BIGOTED, WHITE HATING BLACK ORIENTED SITE…SOOOO TYPICAL

I DONT WANT RG3′S SHIRT SO NOW IM RACIST…SO FUNNY,… IF IT WASN’T SO VERY SAD…ROBERT, OBAMA HAS TAUGHT YOU TO BE THE J. WRIGHT OF SPORTS (RACEBAITING FOOLS)

6. Jeff says:

I would have said the same thing to my kids

“No son you don’t want that (Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russle, RGOverrated) jersey, he’ll be a bust”

7. Tygar says:

I have a question for everyone who’s posted previously….why do you care if RGIII’s jersey is purchased, bad-mouthed, etc. Regardless of the media’s attempts to sway people (positive or negative) that man is still making more money than anyone who posts on this site as well as the person who wrote the article. People, GET YOURSELVES TOGETHER. Try this: BE THE HERO THAT YOU WANT TO LOOK UP TO. Buy a jersey and put YOUR OWN DAMN NAME on it!!!!

8. gavinwca says:

don’t you just love these liberal sports writers, some guy at fed ex field said. Rg lll jersey is one of the largest sellers and has been for some time.do not believe any of these lies.trying to make a problem where non exist. Everyone’s jersey sales dip from time to time, the better you play the more you sell. When he begins to play well again his jersey sales will pick up. How are the other players jersey sales going.