Michael Sam Sr Doesn't Want Grandkids in Gay Environment | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Michael Sam’s Dad Doesn’t Want Grandkids Raised in Gay Environment

by Greg Smith | Posted on Tuesday, February 11th, 2014

crayton-rips-sam

When Michael Sam came out the other day and announced that he was going to be the first openly gay NFL player, we assumed there would be backlash. It sounds like the one of the struggles he will have now if dealing with his own father. This is from a New York Times piece on the whole situation:

Last Tuesday, Michael Sam Sr. was at a Denny’s near his home outside Dallas to celebrate his birthday when his son sent him a text message.

Dad, I’m gay, he wrote.

The party stopped cold. “I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” Sam Sr. said. “I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment.

“I’m old-school,” he added. “I’m a man and a woman type of guy.” As evidence, he pointed out that he had taken an older son to Mexico to lose his virginity.

On Sunday night, just after Michael Sam announced his intention to make sports history, his father was still struggling with the news.

I’m not here to judge how Sam told his dad he was gay but a text is a little cold. Maybe he told him via text though because he knew this reaction was coming.

Michael Sam Sr doesn’t seem supportive to say the least.

Powered by

Chicago born. Nebraska Alum. College football is my jam. Follow me @GregSmithBSO for all your sports needs.

1. ELove says:

I’m speaking strictly from EXPERIENCE HERE via what my ELDER Female Cousins have told me regarding THEIR Coming-Out (To Their PARENTS Though…)

They felt that THEY #HerParents wouldn’t care to TRY AND UNDERSTAND becuz of HOW They already knew HOW THEY FELT About Homosexuals when They heard them talk amongst Themselves (Meaning HER PARENTS and Their Friends-n-Family…)

They #MyCousins sent them A LETTER or Had ANOTHER RELATIVE Tell Them about them being Lesbians (MmmHmm…)

Now playing Devil’s Advocate to YOUR Sentiment…

WHY Should HIS PARENTS be Wholeheartedly Supportive or Understanding of him BEING A HOMOSEXUAL?!!? Is HIS FATHER less of a man becuz of HOW HE Truly Feels about Homosexuality?!!!? Is it a FUNDAMENTAL FLAW with a Heterosexual-MALE feeling some kind of way about HOMOSEXUALITY?!!!?

2. Mike Yagmin says:

Mike Sam Sr raised two sons who were murdered, two more who are imprisoned and one who happens to be an unbelievable football player as well as a gay man. Where the hell does he get the right to judge how his grandkids are raised?
    In related news, the catholic church disagrees with the way Penn State handled the Jerry Sandusky situation!

• ELove says:

Yeah I just heard about his Family-Issues/Struggles Though… SMDH

And Grand-Parents RARELY have a SAY IN How Their Grand-Kids are Reared/Raised Though… But that doesn’t Diminish THEIR WANTS and HIS FATHER seems VERY Short-Sided and Reckless in regards to His Parental-Guidance (TRYING to be Extremely PC in My Assessment Here…) O__o

3. CME says:

Got news for people…a lot of Americans don’t believe in it. It is nasty and you dumb liberalscan go around and call people bigots but you know it is nasty. I feel sorry for his parents and the rest of his family.

4. jerry jones says:

Id feel like a failure if my son was gay also. Sorry call me bigoted I dont give a damn. Im old school.

5. Dt says:

I agree wit h sam sr! It sure is strange now that when a person don’t believe in all of this gay crap that he or she is ridiculed or is out of step with society. I would sarcastically say I’m glad to know that so many men are coming out. That translates into more pussy for me.

6. Homo Obsession is Not Accidental but a Purposeful Agenda says:

Sick of the “In Your Face” Homo Obsession? Dare to tread where sheeple won’t go:

Michael Sam Homo Psy-Op: