Russell Wilson Is Divorcing His Wife Ashton Wilson | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Russell Wilson Divorcing His Wife, Before Signing Contract Extension

by Glenn Erby | Posted on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014

russell-wilson-wife-ashton-wilson-divorce

This is surprising.

Sometimes when a couple has to deal with stardom and fame, things can get very difficult in the relationship. Here is the statement the Seahawks released on Wilson’s behalf.

“I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce,” Wilson said. “Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this matter.”

The couple married in 2012.

We can’t confirm or deny Russell doing this because he has a big contract extension coming up and watched the Eddie Murphy “HALF” skit.

I Am A Senior writer for BlackSportsOnline, I own thacover2.com, sports AFICIONADO, degree in Sociology, Waiting On My Moment!

1. Earl says:

Hell yeah, Russell. Dump her before you sign that big contract, and then she ends up divorcing you

2. Ash says:

He has probably lined up a Top SuperModel ala Brady..use that Superbowl momentum Russell!!

3. Anthony Mason says:

Smart move on his part…he cuts his loses to the minimum. Dudes should learn from him, Brady, Jeter among others.

4. Miranda says:

Two models sexually blackmail their way to the top in LA and they’ve got it made – they’re suddenly living the celebrity super model lifestyle – until the bad karma, in the shape of a psycho NFL quarterback, catches up with them.

Then things get messy, real messy, as the big name footballer’s life runs off the rails in the week before Super Bowl.

Check out Model Citizens Riding For A Fall @ Amazon. This book has got Hollywood movie written all over it.

5. LB says:

Well Damn…done after 1 year huh……I wonder if Russell is getting p*ssy thrown at him left and right and he just said “f*ck it, I can’t be married”

6. marie alice says:

Black men are the only group whenever they get a little fame and money who runs to white women or other light skinned ethnic groups. It looks like “becky” was never into him. It is a complex of inferiority,and slave mentality. These women are never interested in these ballers as human beings, only as the baller that can make them rich. Stop the mental slavery.

• Seminole says:

They dedicated a whole show to black women only interested in athletes money, i know you watch the Game. Go away with that bullshit.

• marie alice says:

I don’t watch the game. However, I do watch basketball wives, and love and hip hop. I do not excuse their behaviors. Seminole and Anthony knows that I am telling the truth about the complex of inferiority/slave mentality.

• Manny says:

Jealous much? You focus on race is so petty. Perhaps you didn’t consider he has his own perception of what he likes. He’s not a mental slave. Your the mental slave, if you think that all black men should be with black women. That’s stupid, and quite frankly racist.

7. Hector says:

The 2nd embedded tweet says they were married in Jan. 2013. Then The last line of the article reads “The couple married in 2012.”

8. Anthony Mason says:

Marie Alice, what then do you do with the Evelyn Lozadas of this world…or the entire casts of the BBWs and the like….or the countless non-white groupies seeking to trap a baller with a pregnancy? I mean, i agree with you that for a lot of these black athletes, marrying white plays into a status/inferiority thing…but one can make an argument that, for the most part, most of the women who throw themselves into these ballers DO NOT give a shit about them to begin with.

9. Nancy says:

Huge fan of his while at Wisconsin – has a lot of integrity. Lost faith in him after post “Fail Mary” Packer game comments and how he chose to handle the situation… BUT still was impressed with him EXCEPT for his wife. Even at Wisconsin – and watcher how she inserts herself in the draft footage – she always came off as a user and someone who took advantage of him all for her benefit. Glad there are no kids to add to their pain though.

10. Derek says:

By the size of that gaping mouth – I can’t imagine the problem was anything oral. Hmmmm. The mind wobbles. Or is it “boggles”? I’m sure Seattle will do all it can to assure itself that it’s Golden Boy is still pure and perfect. For now.