Mike Wise Complains About Gangster Rap in Pacers Locker Room | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Columnist Complains About Gangster Rap in Pacers Locker Room

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, May 7th, 2014

Mike Wise

I understand what Mike Wise of the Washington Post is saying, I really do.

It just came across funny him trying to express his feelings.

The locker room is a player’s sanctuary, but maybe when the media is there, they can try to be a little more understanding that their music could be offensive to some. I am not just talking about white people, but offensive to people in general. If I am trying to work, this probably isn’t what I want to hear (NSFW lyrics).

I don’t think it would hurt them to play something else when the media are allowed in. Something a little more user friendly. If they wouldn’t play that in the arena, then it shouldn’t be played when locker room is open to the media. When the media is gone, feel free to ChiRiq to LA all you want.

1. Boobie says:

Tell Mike Wise to get another job. He is always complaining. Quick to write negative stories. Go report on something else.

2. Power 2 Tha People says:

I hear country, rock, and pop degrade women and use offensive language. I guess Mike Wise wants to listen to classical music which most of the men that wrote the music back then treated women like second class citizens and owned slaves. So whats appropriate music if you asked me?

3. white people says:

I am white. what the fuck is your problem “white people?”

4. Mike says:

Gee. I’m real surprised!!! What did you think they would listen to?

5. Leroy says:

It’s their property, their locker room, their team management’s decision on what is acceptable for their employee’s. If you don’t like the music, don’t go in there. Complain to your employer that you can’t or don’t want to be in that situation and see if they will reassign you or just fire you for not being able to carry out your duties. Your problem, not theirs. Time to make a career choice buddy.

6. JayJayJo says:

A whole lot of tolerant people on this board. So I guess if the KKK came out with rap songs everyone on here would allow it? Seriously think about that. Tolerance goes both ways people. Offensive material shouldn’t be allowed. Can they put nude pics of women on the walls? Why not?