The United States vs. Germany World Cup game was the second highest-rated men’s World Cup match ever for ESPN. ESPN’s telecast received 10,771,000 viewers, making it the third most viewed game. ESPN’s WatchESPN coverage had 3,200,000 unique viewers and 143,000,000 live minutes viewed. This game also ranks as ESPN’s most-viewed weekday, non-holiday, afternoon program.
Check out more of ESPN‘s stats below:
- Combined TV, Digital and Audio Coverage Posts Average Minute Audience Over 12 Million
- ESPN Telecast Averages 6.7 US HH Rating and 10,771,000 Viewers
- Match Generates WatchESPN Viewership Records, Provides 10 percent Lift to TV
- Significant Viewership Growth Leads ESPN to its Most-Viewed and Highest-Rated Group Play Ever
- Washington, D.C.; New York and San Francisco Highest-Rated Thru 48 Group Play Matches
- ESPN’s telecast averaged a 6.7 US HH rating and 10,771,000 viewers, making it the second highest-rated, and third most-viewed, men’s World Cup match on ESPN or ESPN2 ever. ESPN’s highest-rated World Cup match – a 9.6 US HH rating for the 2014 USA vs. Portugal contest on Sunday, June 22 – is also the most-viewed soccer match across all US television networks, averaging 18,220,000 viewers. ESPN’s second most-viewed men’s World Cup match – USA vs. Ghana on Monday, June 16, 2014 – averaged 11,093,000 viewers and a 6.3 US HH rating.
- The match also garnered multiple audience records for WatchESPN, adding an additional 1,050,000 viewers in the average minute audience to ESPN’s telecast. Overall, the WatchESPN coverage had 3,200,000 unique viewers and 143,000,000 live minutes viewed. This accounted for a 10 percent lift to ESPN’s English-language TV audience
- The telecast also ranks as ESPN’s most-viewed weekday, non-holiday, afternoon program on record.
- At its highest point, ESPN’s telecast averaged 12,055,000 viewers and a 7.7 US HH rating from 1:30 to 2 p.m. WatchESPN’s peak of 1,700,000 concurrent users set a record for the platform.
- In addition to television and digital, the USA vs. Germany match generated an estimated audio streaming average minute audience of 239,300.
- In addition, ESPN.com and ESPNFC.com, led by Thursday’s World Cup matches, set platform records for unique visitors in one day, hitting 19,500,000 and 7,800,000, respectively.
Photo Credit: CBSSports