Gatorade along with DC Entertainment has teamed up to produce digital comics featuring Cam Newton, JJ Watt, RGIII, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning, otherwise known as “The League of Captains.” Each captain will also have their own limited edition Gatorade bottle.
Clever superhero alter egos have been created for the NFL stars based on their football attributes:
• JJ Watt, MegaWatt – JJ is the quintessential example of what happens when you pair motivation with unparalleled work ethic. The product? The unrelenting defensive end known as MegaWatt.
• Cam Newton, The Blender – Cam takes components from the greatest quarterbacks and fuses them together. When he hits the field, defenses aren’t just up against him; they’re up against the several quarterbacks that make up Cam. They’re up against The Blender.
• Peyton Manning, The Sheriff – His preparation is like no other player in the league. He can visualize defenses and plays before they happen and can recall any play from the past, so when he steps on the field, he lays down the law on defenses.
• Eli Manning, Big Easy – He stays stay cool, calm and confident in any situation, including the most pressure-packed scenarios in a pro football game. No matter the score or the scenario, he always comes up big and makes it look easy.
• Robert Griffin III, TrIIIple Impact – One second he’s throwing a TD pass. The next second he’s dashing down the sideline for a 60-yard run. Well-rounded off the field and on it, he can beat you with his arm, his legs or his pure will to win.
The special edition Gatorade bottle can be found nationwide and you can go to Gatorage.com to check out each digital comic.