Ronda Rousey Wants to be The Highest Grossing Actor in the World | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Ronda Rousey Wants to be The Highest Grossing Actor in the World

by Greg Smith | Posted on Thursday, August 7th, 2014

Ronda-rousey-TUF-18

Ronda Rousey has never been one to be shy or back down. She also strikes me and the type that tends to achieve her goals once she makes her mind up so I wouldn’t exactly bet against her on this one. She says that she wants to be the highest grossing actor in the world:

“I didn’t grow up wanting to be an action star,” she recently told ESPN the Magazine. “I just didn’t think it was in the cards. Now that it’s a possibility, I’m like, “Screw it, I don’t give a s—, if The Rock can become the world’s highest-grossing actor, I can have that same goal.” I want to be the highest-grossing actor in the world someday.”

The Rock was helped big time by landing a role in the Fast and Furious series which keeps chugging along. Rousey would need to land in multiple big flicks but I can see her getting more roles as an action star. Plus, the money she will make in acting is far more than the money she currently makes being the most recognizable figure in UFC.

Chicago born. Nebraska Alum. College football is my jam. Follow me @GregSmithBSO for all your sports needs.

1. Fernando Leon says:

I am shocked reporters having sitting space in the same room with Ronda and her huge EGO. I guess she thinks she has the acting depth to be the biggest star in Hollywood. That is laughable. First, a martial artist has not been a top earner in the past 20 years. What makes her think she can? This is an insult to all actors who act for a living. This girl thinks she can come in and be the highest paid actor…the ego on this chick.

2. nba is fixed says:

I have two points to make. Number one, The Rock is not the highest grossing actor, Robert Downey Jr. is. Number two, if Rousey wants to be the highest grossing actress, she will have to do the casting couch, the eyes wide shut parties, and possibly something much much worse. You better believe Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Lawrence had to do some pretty disgusting things to reach the $20 million dollar A-list.

P.S. If you don’t know what the eyes wide shut parties are, watch the movie.

3. Patrick says:

I don’t think movies are big enough for her stupid ego. Clearly all her training and getting knocked around has had a significant impact on her brain function. Besides fighting underwhelming opponents she’s got nothing. Unless she just armbars everyone who says no I don’t think she has a chance.

Also this article is ridiculous. Scrapping away at the bottom of the barrel.

4. Festus okpor omorovigho says:

If that’s is your dream, by the special grace of Good you will make it. In Jesus Name.

5. Jason says:

Usually you have to be good looking to be a popular actor. Sadly that’s the way the world is. Ronda Rousey won’t make it.

6. john says:

Rhonda has a huge ego on a just a few fights that have been cherry picked for her. They won’t ever match her up with people that can beat her. At least her trainer is smarter than her cocky mouth.