No one likes to victim blame.
It isn’t the right thing to do, but when the accuser repeatedly tells someone they are going to ruin their career and lies, how do you take her word at face value?
Tiffany Thompson lied at least once and we know she said she was going to ruin Ezekiel Elliott’s career, did the NFL let her succeed in that?
Clarence Hill of the Star Telegram breaks down the list of documented threats Thompson made against Elliott.
▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”
▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”
▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man.”
▪ After not being allowed in the after party, she was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.
▪ Elliott is also “100 percent certain” Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to be believe you.”
The NFL says Elliott abused her on different days, but hasn’t provided any evidence on how they came to that conclusion beyond Thompson’s word which police themselves admit is shaky at best. The days that Elliott supposedly beat Thompson he says he wasn’t in the apartment often and when he was there was always someone else there. It was only after the breakup that she decided to go to police.
Did the NFL use Ezekiel Elliott as an example because of how they messed things up with previous domestic violence cases?
Was Thompson right in saying being a white woman meant that she would be believed no matter what?
The NFL really needs to show some proof that Ezekiel Elliott is an abuser, because right now, their case seems flimsy at best.
Flip the pages for the text messages and witnesses statements showing Thompson was asking her friend to lie for her and how she said she would ruin Zeke’s career…